TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 10 - Sight Beyond Sight airs at 8:30PM EST on Cartoon Network.

Use this thread to talk about what you expect, as a live commentary thread as well as post airing discussion.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
moondog
Thunder Kitty
It looks good I just don't like the way the elephant ppl look with the tusk coming out the side of the head I'd rather see them coming out of the mouth
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Score one for Wilykit, zero for Lion-O. This has been pretty cool \ o /
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I loved that Kit saved the day haha. Almost felt like a filler, but wasn't a bad episode.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
moondog
Thunder Kitty
I consider a rerun a filler anything new is new a new story adds to the thundercats world even if it's just story about snarf finding candy or whatever in mho
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
not my favorite episode - but still entertaining. I think the lack of a real "bad guy" really is what took away from the episode for me.
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Ep 10 - Sight Beyond Sight Review

Didn't really feel it this week. Just nothing interesting going on.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
moondog
Thunder Kitty
Althoe I don't think it was filer I really wasnt diging it ether
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
I like the concept of this episode. Very Eastern Philosophy with a touch of action. I'm satisified with this episode.

Best part- Elephant Buddhists.

So-so part- Kit as Lisa Simpson.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
ThundercatsHo
Thunder Kitty
any download links folks?
ThundercatsHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
ThundercatsHo
Thunder Kitty
I missed it, looking for any good download links..

Last edited by ThundercatsHo; 11-04-2011 at 11:23 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
This show has a lot of heart. The Wily's and Monks interaction was charming. I loved the race in the beginning too.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Missed it's airing on TV, but was just able to catch it online. Another good episode, but not quite as good as some of the others. Definitely not a filler episode.

It's really nice to see them getting back on track with the stones. Should be interesting to see where else this journey takes them. Should also be interesting to witness their next encounter with Mumm-Ra.

The race at the beginning was quite nice. Especially seeing the bikes in action for the first time. Was also a good opportunity to have Panthro say samoflange again. I'm beginning to think it could be turned into a phrase he uses to essentially say don't get ahead of yourself, or something like that, rather than something physical.

Wilykit's flute having so me importance was a nice touch. I look forward to seeing that used in future episodes. Hopefully Wilykat gets to use his claw things in the near future.

Already looking forward to next week's episode, and well, all the episodes following that, lol.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Good ep, sound character development. Inched the story along a bit. But, felt again like another filler ep. The series had a ton of juice going into the break, and coming back off the break with these 2 eps hasn't felt the same. Hoping that the next mumm-ra oriented arc gets kicked off soon.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #15
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
HD Caps are up: Thundercats Episode 10 High Res Image Gallery

Bedtime!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
willy kit is amazing in this episode! it's about time some one gets development other then lionO! lol!

but then again panthro got some last episode, but it seems as if she lost some in this episode. but still great to see the other cats getting used.

it's nice to see willykit save the village. and it is nice to see that lionO almost destroyed it, oops lol!

maybe next time he won't rush in to hastily!
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundercatsHo View Post
any download links folks?
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #18
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Here is a rapidshare link too.

Wow, this was uploaded early!
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #19
crackus
Thunder Puss
thanks for the link you guys!!!
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
Caught it last night, and I was left a little confused at the end. We know something is up with the hut, but then they mention the magic forest and...end?
Now I did enjoy the stuff with Kit and the Elephants. Funny, and still grew the character (that song is her mom's lullaby? Wow.)
All in all, good episode, but room for improvement.
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #21
ThundercatsHo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living View Post
Thank you!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub View Post
not my favorite episode - but still entertaining. I think the lack of a real "bad guy" really is what took away from the episode for me.
It did have a bad guy. Lion-O.

Was a good episode and the search for the stone isn't filler. You know what I miss from the old rhundercats? Mumm-Ras couldron. Even when he didn't get involved he was always watching. It was part of what made him so evil imo. Have they done this at all my memory ain't what it used to be.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
Simbatron
Thunder Kitty
It's alright, I'm enjoying watching the show with my kids, but am losing interest.
This episode was okay. Design choice of ear tusks is bad. In general, the designs are not very good, but they work okay IMHO.

I dislike the stroby 'anime' cliches, and lack of real acting in the animation

And the stories are so predictable it hurts my face. Just like Avatar The Last Airbender.

Still it's higher quality mythology than the original, and is a solid 2.5 stars for overall quality. Will keep watching with the kids...

Oh and Cheetarah is ridiculously hot for a cartoon. It's silly.
Simbatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
i loved their designs! and i didn't see any "anime" cliches in this story, nor in the animation, or at least nothing that didn't exist BEFORE anime.

i didn't really predict the end of the episode myself. i would of predicted lion O would of found away to destroy the rock biter himself. also, i don't see HOW you could of predicted that there was going to be a rock biter in the story! lol! if you're predicting that, then you must of peaked at the images here, a head of time of watching it.
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
RedAlert Rescue
Thunder Kitty
I'm so pleased we got a decent 500MB + HD version some of the 180MB ones are a little pixely even on my Modest Computer screen so I hate to think how they look on a big TV. Fine for playing on your Palm Computer / Netbook type Computer though.

But I like the bigger files.... so If anyone spots any for the older eps that had previously lacked 500MB+ file versions please share the love.

Thankfully the conventional Animation does not get harmed by the compression as much as say Transformers Prime does but it's still nice to have the best possible version In my opinion.
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
moondog
Thunder Kitty
Ya I got to say everything is a li predictable think comes from 28 years of watching cartoons reading comics and watching every sic fi and fantasy movie that's presented to me lol
Old 11-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #27
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Not a bad episode, but it didn't do all that much for me. The Elephants were great characters, but beyond that, I just didn't feel sucked in.

The opening was a bit "TO SELL TOYS" for me as well.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #28
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Ya I got to say everything is a li predictable think comes from 28 years of watching cartoons reading comics and watching every sic fi and fantasy movie that's presented to me lol
I think this is something we should all remember when we comment on all these shows, not just Tcats. Seeing something completely fresh, that's actually good, week to week, is very difficult to achieve.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #29
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
The show is feeling a bit slowed down, but hopefully it'll pick up soon.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
It was good but not great. Seeing how so many relaunch cartoons are horrible, and most of my favorite cartoons from my childhood are just plain unwatchable, I'm still really happy with this series.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #31
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
My 2 cents - ep was a little slow in spots, but not Circus-Train horrible by any means
Liked the sentimental bit about the wilykittens' mom and origin of that song she always plays. Good to see them getting back to focus regarding the Stones too but I guess they needed a working tank for that.

I am wondering why technology isn't made a big deal of anymore. It was a huge thing in the first few eps. That plot point feels lost to me. Anyone else think so or is it just me?
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #32
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrsia View Post
I am wondering why technology isn't made a big deal of anymore. It was a huge thing in the first few eps. That plot point feels lost to me. Anyone else think so or is it just me?
No, you're not alone. The inconsistancy on points like technology (including that the Cats outside of Lion-O and Panthro had nothing to do with the stuff), Tygra and Lion-O's rivalry, and several other elements seem to be dropped and then remembered when it's conveinant to the plot of the week.

The pilot and "Journey to the Tower of Omens" gave us several great plot elements, but the series hasn't really continuiously developed them.

One of the reasons I loved Transformers Animated so much was that every episode either contributed to that seasons finale or was part of a story that would be revisited in the next season (or was started in the prior season[s] in the case of seasons 2 and 3), while also being able to be self-contained stories as well. Even if the contribution wasn't much, every episode contributed to building the overall major story. TC lately feels like it's done a fair amount of slipping in this regard.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #33
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
They need to battle with the lizards again soon, so we get a sense that they're still being hunted.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #34
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Pravus Prime, thanks for your thoughts. Glad it's not just me thinking that stuff! Don't get me wrong, still enjoying the series over all, but I'm feeling the story is wandering a little lately so hopefully they get back on track...and address some things they brought up earlier and resolve them.

I'm itching to see the lizards, Mumm-Ra, and/or Grune again too. I also hope we get to see the other "mutants" too, soon. Kind of wondering if the Hook Mountain reference in Berbils will mean a visit to the mountain and maybe the introduction of Vulturemen. I'd love to see Vultureman updated in this series - he was my fave mutant back in the day
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #35
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I find the Elephant People to be pretty funny. They'd be a good match against the giants from the Berbil episode. I thought Lion-O mastered sight beyond sight back in Journey To The Temple of Omens.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote