TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats - World of Spectrum

Thundercats for Amiga (1988) - MobyGames

did you know there was a Thundercats game in the 80's? It was released for the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64 and MSX. Quality seem to vary from computer to computer.

Here are some screen shots.

Amstrad CPC Version

Atari ST Version

Commodore 64 Version

ZX Spectrum Version

Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
MegaPrime33
Thunder Kitty
With any luck, the new show will be a success and maybe we'll get a better game this time around. Though it will probably be based on the new cartoon, and not the classic.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPrime33 View Post
With any luck, the new show will be a success and maybe we'll get a better game this time around. Though it will probably be based on the new cartoon, and not the classic.
Success breeds variety though. If any new game is good enough, it will sell. and the more a new game sells, the better the chance for a game based on the classic series. Regardless, I would love a modern game.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
MegaPrime33
Thunder Kitty
Agreed. At this point I'm just excited that the franchise is getting so much attention. If they do a game based on the modern show, I agree that inevitably there will be a classics version.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Sabien
On the loose!
Awesome. With today's technology, a Thundercats game would be something I could play for hours.
Sabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
The idea of doing "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HO!" with a Wii-mote makes me smile.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
LionO84
Thunder Kitty
Hope a new games gets the same treatment that TF got with War for Cybertron.
LionO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
I know this is way premature but a Thundercat MMORPG would be killer. Like World of WarCraft, City Of Heroes, DC Universe where you could create your own, Mutant, Lunatac, Thundercat etc etc. That would be sweet!
Ratar-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
There's a lot of possibilities for a Thundercats game; platformer, RPG, ect. I'm certain that the new series will get a video game at some point, and hopefully, the original series will get a game as well!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what's planned.
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Sportsandstuff
Thunder Kitty
never seen those before cool to see some of graphics are pretty good for their time

Last edited by Sportsandstuff; 05-10-2011 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Sportsandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Joe Moore
Administrator
I actually see the classic games on Ebay from time to time. Mainly the C64 version. Would have loved an arcade beat 'em up ala TMNT, X-Men, Double Dragon and Final Fight.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #12
Chukkzy
Thunder Kitty
I had an Amiga (which could be added to the list of computersystems this game ran on) back then, and I played this game... it is not very good though, the game mechanics are poorly executed (steering Lion-O is like... ah i do not even have a comparison) and there is not even much of a story. Its just random sidescrolling basically, with a bit of slashing and shooting.

See for yourself: (and yes that is basically the whole game. I was disappointed.)
Chukkzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I watched that play through vid the other day. It really doesn't look like anything sets it apart much from the other sidescrollers of it's time. I'd still like to play it one day though.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
Chukkzy
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
I watched that play through vid the other day. It really doesn't look like anything sets it apart much from the other sidescrollers of it's time. I'd still like to play it one day though.
Well I took a look at the games from that year and there were not many sidescrollers on the Amiga in 1988 like this game. Still the game may look better playable then it actually is, we were pretty frustrated with it as kids lol.
Chukkzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Oh I just meant Side scrollers in general of that era haha. I can imagine it was pretty frustrating though. It really doesn't look spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. I'd like to check it out just because it's thundercats, but I couldn't see myself lasting through out the entire game.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
I would love an ultimate alliance type of game for this! You could have all kinds of characters available for your party with different valuable assets, and have mutants as secret characters - like tigersharks or mutants who crossed over. Or how about the silverhawks!
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
TheToyMuseum
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
The idea of doing "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HO!" with a Wii-mote makes me smile.
I can't even imagine the complex button combination for that move.

A new game would be great. Lets hope its not like the failed 2002ish Masters of the Universe game, where they get our hopes up and crush them.
TheToyMuseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
This just went on my facebook. cannot help but smile!!
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
I actually see the classic games on Ebay from time to time. Mainly the C64 version. Would have loved an arcade beat 'em up ala TMNT, X-Men, Double Dragon and Final Fight.
/adds new eBay search term to be notified by email of. lol
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
I'd even take a version of the old tmnt side scrolling arcade game. Thatd be awesome.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote