TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Plun-Darr Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
I am selling my collection of Thundercats. I'm not a collector, these were mine when I was a kid and stored away safely in the Cat's Lair box until recently. There's a bunch of stuff, including the cats lair and several vehicles. Please see the pictures at the link below for more detail. The Cats lair was not put together in the photos, but it is now, and I can send a picture. Let me quickly mention what is NOT perfect.
  • do not have the ring/battery things that light up Lion-O and Mumra's eyes
  • missing one of mumra's swords (see pics)
  • thunder tank has one broken tread, works fine otherwise.
  • some few stickers on flying vehicle (can't remember the name of it) are peeling
  • two or three stickers from cat's lair are peeled off, though I still have two even though they don't stick any more. Can be glued back on.
  • Cats lair should work fine if someone takes time to restore it (see notes following)

Everything is in very good condition considering that this is a set that I actually played with. I was older though, probably too old for toys at that point :-) so it's well taken care of.

Cats Lair: I reassembled the lair and looked it over pretty well. All the parts are there, all the wires connected, etc. It can very easily be restored to full functionality I think. But it does NOT currently work (the electrical part). At some point it was stored with batteries inside, so the contacts got all green and corroded. I removed the main ones and cleaned off the corrosion but the shiny plating came off too. If that contact is replaced, or you get non corroded parts from another lair, I think it will work fine. But selling as is. If you manually spin the detector thing on the chest, the doors still fly open.

All in all it's a very nice set. I had intended to give it to my kids but they won't appreciate it. All they want is video games nowadays. I will consider all reasonable offers, but will first consider offers for the set as a whole. I'd rather sell it all together as it will be much harder to sell everything separately.

https://thundercatscollection.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
jcouto20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
Where are you located ?? If its uk then I may be interested
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
No, sorry. In the US. I can take any photos you want, if that helps, but alas I am "across the pond."
Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Have you sold your collection yet? I would be very interested.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
jcouto20
Thunder Kitty
Sorry, sold it a couple weeks ago on ebay. Went for $430.