TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > WilyKit's Corner - Thundercats Creative > Thundercats Customs Projects

Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #51
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
this so cool !, and you had a really good idea for the set with separated eyes!
really nice work, i will get one of this
ichnusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #52
Scelestus Unus
Thunder Kitty
Going to grab my set Tuesday.

What are the normal shipping times for Shapeways? I can't wait to get these painted and post up some pictures.
Scelestus Unus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #53
Scelestus Unus
Thunder Kitty
One thing I just thought of...

Since you were able to do the Classics Sword of Omens minus the eye, would you be able to do the same for the swords to the 6-inch Mumm-Ra figure?

That would give us swords accurate to the Legacy episode since Mumm-Ra did not get the war stone for his swords, yet the toy swords have an eye in them.
Scelestus Unus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #54
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
I'd have to watch it again. Honestly, I couldnt get into the smaller scale toys. I returned the ones I bought in order to order my swords. But I wanna see how these swords do first and that'll determine if people really want these and other accessories. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Also, the smaller sizes swords are probably too small to split up. That's why I only did it with the 8" scale. But Mumm-Ra is huge so it all depends on the toy.

one last thing:

The items that are on Shapeways are models and are not toys intended for children. Adult Collectors only.

Thanks.

Last edited by >EXO<; 10-19-2011 at 10:07 PM..
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #55
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
EXO, i just received my order from shapeways, the 8' omens White Strong Flexible polished, it's amazing, so beautiful
i do really love your work and i want to thank you, i join some pictures to help everyone to compare the classic regular one, to the exo White Strong Flexible polished one, the job of bandai and a thundercats fan
enjoy the pictures guys because they're awesome:

this is the render of the White Strong Flexible polished, just some sanding might be needed but it's already awesome and you could paint it at this point

i painted the original one to make it more accurate but as you can see exo's one is much detailed, obviously on the eye with is in 3d

you don't need words for this one, just perfect

mine got a little twisted, exo's one is very much stronger, it won't get lazy !

you can see that the size fit very much from the bandai one

now my next step is to sand it a little or not, and to find some good chrome way to paint it.
i may paint it first in black, and then to find a chrome can paint and to make the jewels,and maybe varnish it

so what do you think of it, and all suggestion about painting will be appreciate, i really want to give the sword of omens all the mightiness it deserve

thanks exo

Last edited by ichnusa; 10-31-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #56
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
I've been reading about the material and most people are actually saying that clothes dye is the best way to put color on it. But I've been considering leaving the blades white, like the cartoon and just painting the hilt and base. Like you said, paint and varnish, or in my case... dry brush the details in. I like the way you detailed your production version sword. I'll probably copy it. I'm going to use acrylic because if I make any mistakes I'll be able to dip it in Windex or some rubbing alcohol to take it off.
Thanks for buying the sword, how you enjoy it. I'm waiting for my copies with the clear eyes.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #57
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by >EXO< View Post
I've been reading about the material and most people are actually saying that clothes dye is the best way to put color on it.
i'm french i don't know what "clothes dye" is, when i search on google it's somekind of the 90's clothes style, like tie dye
ps: i finally understand what is it, it's to change the clothe's color, that's a strange idea to color some plastic with it !

Quote:
But I've been considering leaving the blades white, like the cartoon and just painting the hilt and base. Like you said, paint and varnish, or in my case... dry brush the details in.
if you can put some picture when you're done i really would like to see your result

Quote:
I like the way you detailed your production version sword. I'll probably copy it.
you're welcome, i think it's a little more accurate to the original design of the sword

Quote:
I'm going to use acrylic because if I make any mistakes I'll be able to dip it in Windex or some rubbing alcohol to take it off.
i found some iridescent silver in acrylics too and i aplied it with a brush , i'll see how much i should use it.
i'm thinking that a chrome aspect is very difficult to have, so if the acrlics doesn't works, i'll try a can

Quote:
Thanks for buying the sword, how you enjoy it.
I'm waiting for my copies with the clear eyes.
i really enjoy it, i like the work you did on the eye, and the base of the blade also, you did an amazing job
let see for the clear eyes

Last edited by ichnusa; 10-31-2011 at 08:09 PM..
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #58
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Nice stuff! Wish I was an opener so I'd have a reason to pick a few of these up!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 AM   #59
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
ichn, clothes dye or clothing dye is a color pigment that you soak fabric in to change the color. Rit dye is the most famous here in the US and it seems like it's what people recommend to dye this material. Some people even use for toys but it all depends on the fabric. I'm probably going to use acrylic paint with lots of thinner to make sure it soaks in to the porous material that white, strong and flexible is.

Dedboy... thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #60
stcardinal
Thunder Kitty
Wow, this is amazing. I don't know if I can spend that much on swords (plus I don't know how to paint) but this is pretty much everything I dreamt of. Exo, you did an amazing job.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #61
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
i've finished painting mine and i'm half happy of the result.
paint is acrylic and citadel( from warhammer)
my details are not so well painted.

now let's see your results too
Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #62
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
yikes... now I gotta make sure mine lives up to that...

awesome painting!

And thank you stcardinal!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #63
Thunderandreams
Thunder Kitty
Sooooo, wil you be making the 3 set for 6 inch now that the classics are 6 inch?
Thunderandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #64
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Blast it Bandai, see how lazy you are!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #65
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
I'd have to get the figure first. I'd hate to put it up and not have it the correct size.