TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
For those that haven't seen it/heard it -

Dropped the original audio from a clip of the classic opening to the show, and inserted audio I found of the theme that's "clean", as in no sound effects etc. Because it's fun Thundercats trademark of WB, music composed by Bernard Hoffer.

And I don't know about you, but especially watching this version of the old theme synched with the visuals, my mind puts in the overdubbed FX anyway!
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
That is cool, thanks for sharing. I do like the synthesizer woooooaaammm in the beginning of the original tho. Highlights it's 80sness.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
You're welcome! Glad you liked it. I do like they kept Lion-O's Thundercats ho in there though
Old 11-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I have it without the "HO!" in there and a version with no lyrics........... shhhhh
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Cool! I may have other things...been going through all these discs of files I've saved from here or there over the years, and posting some of them at Tumblr. That's where I originally found this version of the theme, so I guess I'll find out what else I got as I go
Old 11-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrsia View Post
Cool! I may have other things...been going through all these discs of files I've saved from here or there over the years, and posting some of them at Tumblr. That's where I originally found this version of the theme, so I guess I'll find out what else I got as I go
Oh I was only sayin cause on youtube WB gives people notices and hell. When I put up the petetion video for the soundtrack I had some flack for it, but because they were short promo clips of the material I have they cant do much. Just be careful
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't actually had too much trouble with my tcats material. Occasionally I get a captain obvious notice from youtube saying my clip may contain material owned by WB (which they've been sending me without fail concerning the preview clips of the new show - just funny because WB is distributing that stuff to the fan sites because they *want* it shown so I know it's not them complaining), but nothing comes of it.
On the other hand, I got told to take down AMV's that featured any popular music (because of the music, not the cartoon clips), and any of the robot chicken and family guy clips didn't make it there long as well. Those notices were less benign - something along the lines of 'take this down now, and if you do it again, we can suspend or delete your account.' Yikes.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Geez...... I think theirs some sort of way around it if you actually take clips and reverse the image. Its amazing how their more sticklers about the music than full shows!! *sigh* remember when you could put whatever you wanted on youtube with no ads? Those were the days.......
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
I sure do remember those days!

Today I added the full French theme, synched to opening sequence footage. Still cracks me up how French Lion-O sounds like he sat on a tack when he shouts ho!

Old 11-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Further proof why I cant take French people seriously......lol
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Still, wish I understood French - they have some extra verses in there!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Ok then, we need to find a french person! If we could find the lyrics we could translate them via babblefish!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
A friend of mine on facebook did find the French lyrics and ran it through Google Translate. This is how it came out though I'd still like to find someone who can speak French - those translators tend to garble things sometimes!

Cosmo .. Cosmo .. Cosmo .. Cosmo ..
Thundercats! AAAAAaaaaoooun !....

Thundercats aliens
Thundercats is you!
Who have all the powers
Thundercats was you!

{Refrain:}
Cosmo cosmo cosmo Thundercats

Millions of light years
Will you lead
On foreign planets
You will survive

{au Refrain}

Thundercats

Cosmo .. Cosmo .. Cosmo .. Cosmo ..
Thundercats! AAAAAaaaaoooun !....

Mutants the fiercest
Want to chase you
All for one and one for all
You overwrite

{au Refrain}

Thundercats aliens
Thundercats is you
Who have all the powers
Thundercats to you

COSMOCATSsssss
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
ichnusa
Thunder Kitty
considering that the french lyrics are an arranged translation of the english one, you'd better not retranslate in english because it's lame
otherwise your translation is accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Further proof why I cant take French people seriously......lol
in france lion-o, who is called starlion don't say the "HO", he says cosmo, cosmo, cosmocaaaaaats
the ho is only in the main theme, and it more a "aho" to match the cosmocats french pronounciation

in france lion-o, Larry Kenney's voice is dubbed by Patrick Poivey who is french bruce willis' voice. in france lion-o speakes like bruce willis ! that's why lio-o is a die hard guy
ichnusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #15
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
One day, we'll be allowed to share the entire soundtrack I hope.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
One day, we'll be allowed to share the entire soundtrack I hope.
Probably not.... Ive contacted WB multiple times. Ive cleaned every track up, put them in order.. even took the 120+ tracks and made a 30 track realistic cd or "download' for them possible. I wanted nothing out of it. No replys that helped or were intrested and the best part was getting notices about copyrighted material that wasnt released...... terrrrrrrific lol
Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
That sucks. I had a petition on my site a few years (? has it been that long?? I forget lol) back for a soundtrack release and despite a lot of apparent fan interest, WB not interested. Voltron released a soundtrack. Don't think we'll get one :/ It's too bad, The original series had such a wonderful score.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #18
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
The Voltron soundtrack left a bit to be desired too... the bitrate was all over the place and they were missing 2 or 3 songs. Though the packaging was very attractive.

People get so mad at me that im not leaking the soundtrack, but its really not me.... WB is watching me like a vulture(man). lol!

Oddly Silverhawks soundtrack is something id probably give a few years off my life to hear just complete for once :/
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #19
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
I noticed the Voltron soundtrack was missing a few key cues myself. But hey at least they made an effort and we got something...Thundercats would be cool.

And yeah WB can be hardcases about certain things. I remember when the wildstorm comics first came out. They watched very carefully what sites were releasing and came down on anybody openly sharing full issues. Understandable I suppose!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #20
GK Punk
I've leaked the the soundtrack to a few people. I figure if it's done in quiet, who cares.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #21
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
I've leaked the the soundtrack to a few people. I figure if it's done in quiet, who cares.
Problem is people abuse that and someone down the road will put it in the out and destroy any progress we could make with WB in the future. Im all for sharing and believe people should be able to enjoy unreleased items with no future intent to release, but yeah...... WB blows.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #22
GK Punk
If they showed any intent at all, I'd absolutely agree. Especially since the quality would be considerably higher. I just gave it to a couple of people that asked just because I knew they'd appreciate it. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been completely leaked on to youtube yet to be honest, I mean I've had it for a few years now and it it's still rare to run in to others that do. That's actually kind of rad to think it's maintained it's rarity in the day of the internet!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #23
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
If they showed any intent at all, I'd absolutely agree. Especially since the quality would be considerably higher. I just gave it to a couple of people that asked just because I knew they'd appreciate it. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been completely leaked on to youtube yet to be honest, I mean I've had it for a few years now and it it's still rare to run in to others that do. That's actually kind of rad to think it's maintained it's rarity in the day of the internet!
I obtained it through a direct link with Bernard Hoffer, and it was his wish that it not get leaked so that hopefully his hard work can get a official release and fans not pirating the heck out of it. So my job was basically to get a petition going and clean up the tracks and contact WB. Ive reconected tracks that were broken up wrong, and reduced the audio hissing from the master tapes as well as added some bass to em. They sound AMAZING now!

Im not sure why WB are being hard asses about it. It could always be their waiting to see the actual numbers on season 1 and merch before moving foward with audio, but ive offered them the restored tracks at no cost to them. Just a simple thank you....... nothing. Never know though..... 10 years ago everyone doubted me when I said Thundercats will be back mainstreams someday......
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
GK Punk
Hopefully one day they'll just out right release full remastered tracks, even if it's just an itunes release. it makes no sense to me for them to NOT do it. What honestly could they lose?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #25
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
I think the reason the soundtrack hasn't been leaked anymore than it has is because of Hoffer - seems like when I hear someone has it, they tell how Bernie has asked them not to distribute and looks like most fans are respecting that. That's great

You never know. There was a day when there were so many rumors of a new show, movie or whatever that never materialized but now we have a new series. So it could just be the soundtrack will come in its own time and we just have to be patient.