TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Thundercats Return With New Cartoon

Old news now, but, thoughts?

Personally, I can't wait. Bring it!
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Dawg99
Thunder Kitty
i can't wait as well it's about damn time thundercats got some love..
Dawg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
I'm a massive fan of the '80s cartoons I grew up with (I was born in 1980), and I'm really enjoying the insurgence of modern-day remakes. I really enjoyed the 2002 version of He-Man, fully loved Transformers Animated, the recent DC (Young Justice) and Marvel (Avengers, Fantastic 4, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine & the X-Men) cartoons have been generally good, but I am totally stoked for Thundercats.

I just really hope it doesn't get cut off in its prime, as He-Man and TFA did. The fans of He-Man had promises of the Horde making a full return (bringing a certain Force Captain Adora with them), with series 3 to end in a four-way war between the Masters, Skeletor's Evil Warriors, the Snake Men and the Horde. The series' outline was written and finalised, but MYP and Mattel fell out over certain characters (Mattel apparently did not want Scare-Glo or Clamp Champ to be featured, they were both to be key characters in the series).

Transformers Animated got as far as having toy prototypes being developed for series 4. Around 50% of the scripts exist, and a lot of information (updated character designs, plot developments, etc.) has been released. There are rumblings that IDW have a deal with Marty Isenberg, the writer, to bring the stories into comic form, but not until the Dark of the Moon hype dies down, so that's Q1 2012 at least, a full 3 years after the last epsiode of Animated aired.

Now, I'm not wanting to put the kiss of death on the series before it starts, but these shows seem to start out with immense stories that really seem to be leading somewhere, all for them to be canned before their potential is realised.

I'm keeping everything crossed that it does not happen to TC!
WingDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Super_Megatron
Administrator
I look forward to checking it out, hopefully they keep the basic character personalities in place and take a modern approach to story telling.

April 14th, 2013 @ the Delta Meadowvale Hotel in Mississauga, ON
Super_Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
r3v3n63
samoflange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I look forward to checking it out, hopefully they keep the basic character personalities in place and take a modern approach to story telling.
Yup! I've been impressed with stuff like GI Joe Renegades and the new Transformers series on the HUB so I have high hopes the new series will have a less cheesy approach to the storytelling.
r3v3n63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
C.I.A.D.
Darth Gorillamus
I cannot wait. Thundercats is one of the very few lines I collect, so the fact that there's new breath in the line/mythos has me uber-geeking.

I too hope that the storytelling follows the lines of Renegades/Prime...but only time will tell.
C.I.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Sabien
On the loose!
I am looking forward to this. I hope it's good and takes off. Can't wait!
Sabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Dawg99
Thunder Kitty
anybody heard when it's gonna premier?
let me guess more news after toy fair
Dawg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
Sabien
On the loose!
I'm sure ToyFair will answer most questions.
Sabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #10
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
At this point, what exactly do we know? From the news on this site, I can tell that outside of the core Thundercats, Grune has been confirmed from the toy line, as have the Thunderkits, Slithe (wasn't it always Ssslythe before?), Claudus, Snarf, the Thundertank (the Lynx) and, of course, Mumm-Ra.

There's also a story on the main page which contains a spoiler that I'm assuming has been read if you choose to continue reading this post:

If Lion-O and Tygra are at the very least half-brothers due to their shared father, doesn't that mean that Tygra, as the elder brother, by rights should be heir to the Sword of Omens and, therefore, leadership of the Thundercats? Unless Tygra was Claudus' illegitimate son.

Either way, that's gonna cause some conflict between the two at some point, don't you think?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I can't wait for it. I agree in that I hope it lasts longer than the Masters of the Universe 200X series. One of my recent favorites.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDagger View Post
There's also a story on the main page which contains a spoiler that I'm assuming has been read if you choose to continue reading this post:

If Lion-O and Tygra are at the very least half-brothers due to their shared father, doesn't that mean that Tygra, as the elder brother, by rights should be heir to the Sword of Omens and, therefore, leadership of the Thundercats? Unless Tygra was Claudus' illegitimate son.

Either way, that's gonna cause some conflict between the two at some point, don't you think?
Which is something I'm really hoping is explored well throughout the first season. I think seeing Tygra passed up due to some form of illegitimacy would be a great addition to the characters and story. But that is only if they are really going to use it to it's fullest capabilities.
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #13
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
So, did the Toy Fair throw up any dates in terms of when to expect to see this? The Mumm-Ra design looks awesome, and I like the Slithe update. Snarf looks a lot more like a domestic animal now, the narrower snout & eyes gives him a pet cat-like look. It's odd that the Tower of Omens so early when we never even got those episodes here in the UK, I hope Cat's Lair doesn't get passed up in favour of the Tower...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I didn't miss it, they still haven't announced when this show will be starting, right?
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #15
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
Ok, from the trailer it would appear that my (and Hammerhand's) hopes of a Tygra/Lion-O rivalry is going to happen, as there are several shots of them fighting.

Also, this screen would suggest that Mumm-Ra has gotten over a certain weakness he once had...

Overall, looking good.