TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
So is he a thundercat? Or is he with mum-ra? I got the tiger flyer this evening and the backing has the cat head on it . But just curious
Btw what exactly is the twisted snake symbol for mum-ra stand for?
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Does anyone know?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Tygus didn't seem all that evil. But he also wasn't pleased about having to give the stone to Leo instead of Mumm-ra. Who knows.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Ohhh ok I had never heard of tygus until this new series,and I grew up watching the original thundercats and never remember him in the original show
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
Ohhh ok I had never heard of tygus until this new series,and I grew up watching the original thundercats and never remember him in the original show
He wasn't in the original. I believe he's only been on Journey To The Tower Of Omens and Legacy if my memory serves me right.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
He's obviously part of Mumm-Ra's army. I think of him as a traitor, much like Grune.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Ohh ok that makes some sense but the twisted snake symbol on mum-ra what does it stand for? Or.called? I just dont ever remember them saying
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
Ohh ok that makes some sense but the twisted snake symbol on mum-ra what does it stand for? Or.called? I just dont ever remember them saying
They never did say even in the original.

The vintage material it was to be a tattoo. *the first drawing ever didnt even have the circle around it * They changed it later on (in some of the comics) and new show to be a crest or necklace. Snakes were often used in egypt so it makes sence that Thundercats used it as a symbol of evil to where mumm-ra is from.

The biggest let down of the new show is the darkness of Mumm-Ra, he's kinda just a bully control freak now, as to the original when he was a satanic priest.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
He's obviously part of Mumm-Ra's army. I think of him as a traitor, much like Grune.
I don't. Leo was part of Mumm-Ra's army too. ALL the cats back then were part of Mumm-Ra's army.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I don't. Leo was part of Mumm-Ra's army too. ALL the cats back then were part of Mumm-Ra's army.
Yeah but Leo was more of a double agent, or at least woke up. Tygus never went back to the cats, he was threatened at sword point to surrender the eye. I think their alliance must have been more of a "lets do this for now, untill we can fix it for the better" kinda thing.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Yeah but Leo was more of a double agent, or at least woke up. Tygus never went back to the cats, he was threatened at sword point to surrender the eye. I think their alliance must have been more of a "lets do this for now, untill we can fix it for the better" kinda thing.
We don't know yet what Tygus's true allegiance is. All the cats were slaves. They just had more freedom than the other animals. It's true that Leo threatened him for the stone, but I think that was only because Tygus wasn't in Leo's "inner circle" of rebels and he didn't want to take any chances. And from the Dialogue it seemed more to me that Tygus simply didn't think Leo could actually win rather than him having any sort of loyalty to Mumm-Ra.

Either way I don't think of Tygus as a traitor because he is never seen actually betraying anyone.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-22-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote