TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 3 - Ramlak Rising Clips and Images
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
They said they wanted to make the thunder kittens more likable and I must admit from that clip , they have lol. They may be the surprise stars.
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Lord of the Thundercats
Thundercat Fan
Awesome! Can't wait till tomorrow night!
Lord of the Thundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Shifty02
Thunder Cat
Wow...Lion-O is kind of an ass in that first clip.
Shifty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Cougra
Thunderian Honor Guard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty02 View Post
Wow...Lion-O is kind of an ass in that first clip.
Lion-O did lose almost everything in the last two episodes. For example, his father and his beloved home. :P
Cougra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
Shifty02
Thunder Cat
Yeah...but even so, leaving children behind to fend for themselves...when (as far as we know) your group is the ONLY ones left of your species. It's still cold.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
Quote:
Yeah...but even so, leaving children behind to fend for themselves...when (as far as we know) your group is the ONLY ones left of your species. It's still cold.
After all these are Cats, but your right if these were the last of my kind I would be happy to see they survived. But I think we are all assuming everybody died. There could be many more people left as prisoners and scattered around the planet.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
They're street urchins who are used to fending for themselves, while Lion-O and company are planning on fighting Mumm-Ra, Grune, Slithe, etc.

He could very easily think they'd have a better chance at survival on their own.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Shifty02
Thunder Cat
Yeah...but Lion-O doesn't know their backstory. That they've been fending for themselves for who knows how long. As far as Lion-O, Tigra, & Cheetara knows, they are the surviving members of their race. Then they come across a couple of children & Lion-O kicks them to the curb. Not really sympathetic there, especially since you are now King & Lord of the thundercats. Granted, he just lost his father and society...but come on...these are KIDS!
It's still cold anyway you slice it.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
We'll have to wait until the full episode, but it could be Lion-O is weighing possible danger against certain danger. If he leaves them behind it is possible that they could be hurt or injured, but it he takes them along they're almost certain to. These are children, you do not take children on epic and dangerous quests into the unknown. It's (arguably) much more irresponsible than leaving them on their own.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
RydenJager
Thunder Kitty
Yeah I can understand Lion-O acting the way he is. I mean he lost his father, his home and if you think about it was kinda his fault the attack happened since he lied about seeing a vision. So he's just aggitated now and is only focused on taking revenge on Mumm-Ra.

Although that doesn't excuse him from being such an ass to the kids. We'll just have to wait til tomorrow and see how the episode plays out!
RydenJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Well he obviously accepts them at some point as they do join the team and he saves them in the second clip.

He is an angry teenager who has lost his father , his friends and his whole way of life in 24 hours.

He just needs time to grow to become the true lord of the thunedrcats we all know and love.
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
Shifty02
Thunder Cat
Oh, I fully know at some point he'll come around. That's why I originally said in the first clip he comes off as an ass.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
I agree it's cold. He's obviously going through some serious stuff over the loss of his people. It's very unlike the character we saw in the first two episodes. I'm kind of excited that he might have this sort of emotional depth, that he may make bad decisions and regret them. Should be interesting.

PS Awesome clips, Joe! Thanks!
wesitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Got my DVR set for tomorrow night.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #16
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
wilykit & kat are so cute!, and they look alot cutier than the older version of themselfs.
i know lion-o will age (get older) as the series moves up. i hope those kids stay like that, lol. i dunno what route they plan to take wilykit & wilykat's story, i hope they end up saving lion'os life everytime the dude gets caught or outnumbered!, lol
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Altaica
Thunder Kitty
At least this clip shows that Tygra isn't a complete cocky b**tard like he comes off in the first eps. I think that is just reserved for his sibling rivalry. I do like that the heroes seem a bit more flawed. Poor kids having to deal with an angsty teen for their prince! I'm looking forward to watching this ep. Of course since I don't have cable I'm gonna have to hunt for an internet source. This is the only tv show I watch LOL. When they finally put out the dvds I am so buying them!

I'm inclined to think that this Eldara place may actually be important in the future and have something they need there, making the kids a bit more value-able to the team. I'd imagine if they want to keep with continuity of the other cats aging that the kids will too, but they are quite a deal younger and also keeping with the size differences they have introduced in the show, should remain fairly small given wildcats are pretty small cats. That means they should stay cute for a long time I hope .

I wonder what the respective ages of the characters actually is.
Altaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #18
Shannonchad
Thunder Kitty
I love the animation style. Am really enjoying this re imagining of the Thundercats.
Shannonchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
My heart just about melted when the kittens made those mewling noises. Had I been Lion-O, I would definitely have relented at that point and let them tag along.
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote