Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33271)
like raiden in mgs4?:d

yup:d:d

DarkKnight 01-31-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33290)
I would play ME3, but I hate shooters.

and everything else?????

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 33287)
Cheetara's speed alone would give her an advantage, how do you fight someone you can't hit?

Same way sabretooth took out that guy in wolverine origins

Balgus82 01-31-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33285)
How do you handle her speed and she probably can use spells. The staff is magical.

It would probably take time for him to get use to them. I like to see his weapon.

I think tygar and lion-o are soft, lion-o the softest of them all. They have not seen war like pathro or trained like cheetara.

Well I do think Tygra has fought in battles. I mean you see in Panthro's flashbacks that the lizards attacked Thundera a lot. And in the premiere Claudus had Tygra right there beside him throughout the whole battle. But He's definitely not as experienced as Panthro. He's probably only fought in one or two battles before the premiere. I think Tygra mostly concentrated on strategy and tactics. He commented in episode 12 about how he studied military strategy with Claudus.

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33277)
I think we'll find out when we learn where that armor of his came from. The crew said it's got a story behind it.

Monstar is leo's father that why he can armor up like monstar and mumm-ra copied it :D

stormbringer 01-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33290)
I would play ME3, but I hate shooters.

I kind of always thought of the ME games as more sci-fi action rpg than a shooter.

Balgus82 01-31-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 33287)
Cheetara's speed alone would give her an advantage, how do you fight someone you can't hit?

By tiring them out or using their momentum against them.

I'd be willing to bet Panthro would had sparred with a few Clerics in Thundera.

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33282)
well from the Thunder Thursdays interviews they say Panthro is the best fighter, and Cheetara is better than both Tygra and Lion-O.

But I don't know if that sticks because Cheetara has that new staff now and Panthro will have his new arms. I wonder if Panthro will still be better.

Panthro is battle proven with ton of experience and tactics and willing to sacrifice to win.

L08e16o 01-31-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 33292)
and everything else?????

Isn't it a shooter mostly?

I love bioware games, story and choices. I love dragon age.

L08e16o 01-31-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33294)
Well I do think Tygra has fought in battles. I mean you see in Panthro's flashbacks that the lizards attacked Thundera a lot. And in the premiere Claudus had Tygra right there beside him throughout the whole battle. But He's definitely not as experienced as Panthro. He's probably only fought in one or two battles before the premiere. I think Tygra mostly concentrated on strategy and tactics. He commented in episode 12 about how he studied military strategy with Claudus.

I think he was more of a strategist, you don't want him to be put up front.

Not saying he can't fight, but I don't know if they put him in a bad situation.

L08e16o 01-31-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 33298)
Panthro is battle proven with ton of experience and tactics and willing to sacrifice to win.

He only gave up his arms, that is weak.:D

stormbringer 01-31-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33297)
By tiring them out or using their momentum against them.

I'd be willing to bet Panthro would had sparred with a few Clerics in Thundera.

Maybe his new robotic arms also have some weapons that he could utilize in a battle with a cleric?

Balgus82 01-31-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 33303)
Maybe his new robotic arms also have some weapons that he could utilize in a battle with a cleric?

Swiss Army Arms :D

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 33303)

They'll be fully equipped wilth repulser blasts and gallik gun canon basically everything Dr. Doom has :eek:

L08e16o 01-31-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

and everything else?????

Love the characters, back drop, and story. I just can't get into shooters.

I can't wait for Diablo 3.

cmangund 01-31-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 33291)
yup:d:d

Panthro need to learn from Raiden, on using his nunchuks with his feet.:D

stormbringer 01-31-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 33307)
They'll be fully equipped wilth repulser blasts and gallik gun canon basically everything Dr. Doom has :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33311)

Panthro... Revengeance.:D

Big Snarf 01-31-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33311)

And the berbils will turn the thunder tank into MG REX :eek:

cmangund 01-31-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

and everything else?????

Being a Video Game maniac I played shooters too and other genres over 20 years of my life so far since I was 7:D

US NAVY SEALS Series, Call Of duty series are cool, Rainbow Six, also Medal of Honor series, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted Series, etc Shooters/Military not my most favorite genre, but played it too anyway.

Rpgs are my main favorite genre for me. Legend Of Zelda series, Willow, Secret Of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Legend Of The Dragoon, Sayuki Journey to the west, Dragon Age series, Final Fantasy 1-13, Front Mission series, Star Ocean, Valkyria Chrinicles, Enchanted Arms, Vandal Hearts, FF Tactics, Alpha Protocol, Baldurs gate Dark alliance, etc

Other that I played, Silent Hill series, Resident Evil series, Heavy Rain, Tenchu series, etc

L08e16o 01-31-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33317)
Being a Video Game maniac I played shooters too and other genres over 20 years of my life so far since I was 7:D

US NAVY SEALS Series, Call Of duty series are cool, Rainbow Six, also Medal of Honor series, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted Series, etc Shooters/Military not my most favorite genre, but played it too anyway.

Rpgs are my main favorite genre for me. Legend Of Zelda series, Willow, Secret Of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Legend Of The Dragoon, Sayuki Journey to the west, Dragon Age series, Final Fantasy 1-13, Front Mission series, Star Ocean, Valkyria Chrinicles, Enchanted Arms, Vandal Hearts, FF Tactics, Alpha Protocol, Baldurs gate Dark alliance, etc

Other that I played, Silent Hill series, Resident Evil series, Heavy Rain, Tenchu series, etc

Star Ocean 3 was the best for me.

I like the first Silent Hill, but they seem to repeat the samething.

cmangund 01-31-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33318)
Star Ocean 3 was the best for me.

I like the first Silent Hill, but they seem to repeat the samething.

I agree, Yeah SO3 was long not like SO4, too short.

Yeah the first silent hill is the best.

L08e16o 01-31-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33319)
I agree, Yeah SO3 was long not like SO4, too short.

Yeah the first silent hill is the best.

That is what I liked about star ocean 3, it was long. I didn't like the how they were in a computer though.

What were the later SH's about, after 3?

cmangund 01-31-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33320)
That is what I liked about star ocean 3, it was long. I didn't like the how they were in a computer though.

What were the later SH's about?

SH 2 about lovers, husband and wive relationship, James the husband is the main character, who comes to the town after receiving a letter from his deceased wife Mary.

SH3 and 4 I did not play it, read the reviews booring.

SH5 not bad about Brothers relationship Josh and Alex (a soldier and the main character)mainly. Official summary: follows the journey of Alex Shepherd, a soldier returning from war, to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen, where he finds the town in disarray, and his younger brother missing. As he continues on his search to find his younger brother, he discovers more about the Order—the cult of Silent Hill—as well as the town's history, and his own past.

Eclipse 02-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33123)
We'll hear official news very, very soon. Trust me.....

So cool!

Eclipse 02-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 33240)
Regardless of Lion-O still wanting cheetara or not after the talk, their pure chemistry and interactions with/without the flirting will still be there, like the crew said on Cheetara's character and Lion-O's. That's how "true love" grows, cannot be rushed like a certain "Rush Job". It's all in the basic chemistry, like Holmes said about Love, aside from the fact that it is a weakness and a chemical defect.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33245)
I agree. The person I am with, it took time to build it.

It started slow like L/C.

I disagree. My husband and I moved together seven months after we met. That was 15 years ago, around the time Diablo came out :)

There's no universal recipe there.

Balgus82 02-01-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33394)
I disagree. My husband and I moved together seven months after we met. That was 15 years ago, around the time Diablo came out :)

Very true. My own parents got married 3 weeks after they started dating.
They're going on 40 years together now.

L08e16o 02-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33394)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33403)
Very true. My own parents got married 3 weeks after they started dating.
They're going on 40 years together now.

I agree there is no universal recipe.

Seven months is a good time to get to know someone.

Three weeks, that had to be love at first sight.

Balgus82 02-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33405)
I agree there is no universal recipe.

Seven months is a good time to get to know someone.

Three weeks, that had to be love at first sight.

Well to be honest they worked together a few months first. But they only actually dated for 3 weeks before the wedding.

Eclipse 02-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33412)
Well to be honest they worked together a few months first. But they only actually dated for 3 weeks before the wedding.

WTG :)

It was still a leap of faith for it's all dumb luck anyway: my parents dated for five years and their marriage lasted less than mine.

L08e16o 02-01-2012 06:28 PM

Kit and Kat, were they born in thunderia or from somewhere else.

I think they came from somewhere else.

How many cat tribes are there?

stormbringer 02-01-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33436)
Kit and Kat, were they born in thunderia or from somewhere else.

I think they came from somewhere else.

How many cat tribes are there?

Maybe they were born in Eldara, and their parents had to flee the city with them when Kit and Kat were infants?

L08e16o 02-01-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 33437)
Maybe they were born in Eldara, and their parents had to flee the city with them when Kit and Kat were infants?

What type of cats do you think live there? It has to have tech.

I think the new alliance for the TC has to be the elephants. They were one of the main animals and they have not made an alliance yet. You would think the elephants would just want to sit around the fire and sing camp fire songs. :)

Balgus82 02-01-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33439)

I think the new alliance for the TC has to be the elephants. They were one of the main animals and they have not made an alliance yet. You would think the elephants would just want to sit around the fire and sing camp fire songs. :)

No, the elephants most definitely were already on the Thundercat's side in the past few episodes. They wouldn't really be a new alliance.

L08e16o 02-01-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33441)
No, the elephants most definitely were already on the Thundercat's side in the past few episodes. They wouldn't really be a new alliance.

They might be friendly, but they have not agreed to fight with them against mummra.

Balgus82 02-01-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33444)
They might be friendly, but they have not agreed to fight with them against mummra.

Umm....they DID fight with them against Mumm-Ra. In episode 13.

Eclipse 02-01-2012 07:37 PM

The idea behind uniting the animals against Mumm-Ra is all about having cannon-fodder to keep his army of lizards and mechs entertained while the main cast takes on Mumm-Ra / Grune / Slythe in an epic final battle, right?

stormbringer 02-01-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33449)
The idea behind uniting the animals against Mumm-Ra is all about having cannon-fodder to keep his army of lizards and mechs entertained while the main cast takes on Mumm-Ra / Grune / Slythe in an epic final battle, right?

Sounds about right.;)

stormbringer 02-01-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33439)

Many of the types of cats we didn't see in Thundera could be living there. Such as wildcats, and maybe tigers if Eldara was founded by Tygus.

Eclipse 02-01-2012 08:04 PM

So it may be a good chunk of episodes before anything remotely resembling the "good guys army" is formed. Perhaps that will be the Pumyra-Bengali-perhaps even Lynx-O arc, since they will have a few episodes devoted to them, they could be the ones be doing the ground work with the members of the alliances that will be formed in future episodes and get them in shape for the finale.

Although there should be a mid-story catastrophic defeat to make things more interesting, but that's always done! Episode 26, perhaps?

Balgus82 02-01-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33454)
So it may be a good chunk of episodes before anything remotely resembling the "good guys army" is formed. Perhaps that will be the Pumyra-Bengali-perhaps even Lynx-O arc, since they will have a few episodes devoted to them, they could be the ones be doing the ground work with the members of the alliances that will be formed in future episodes and get them in shape for the finale.

Although there should be a mid-story catastrophic defeat to make things more interesting, but that's always done! Episode 26, perhaps?

That's an interesting theory. Lynxo staying behind to train the animals that join up with Lion-O.

L08e16o 02-01-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33454)

I was hoping B/P joined up with mummra at first, we could get our pumyra and cheetara battle.

I really think lion-o will lose the stone in the episode.

L08e16o 02-01-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33448)
Umm....they DID fight with them against Mumm-Ra. In episode 13.

They helped them in that battle, I think they will be offcial in the next episode.

Eclipse 02-01-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33461)
I was hoping B/P joined up with mummra at first, we could get our pumyra and cheetara battle.

o.O

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33461)
I really think lion-o will lose the stone in the episode.

He could even lose the sword. Now that would keep them busy for the duration of a nice arc! How would you get the sword back from Mumm-Ra?

Big Snarf 02-01-2012 09:53 PM

A massive army of snarfs are the new alliances they will be laying the smack down while laughing :D:D:D:D

Big Snarf 02-01-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33457)
That's an interesting theory. Lynxo staying behind to train the animals that join up with Lion-O.

Thats if lynxo isn't like other thunderians who don't like other animals besides the other animals probably won't need training from him because they would've already been trained to fight in their own style

stormbringer 02-01-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 33468)
A massive army of snarfs are the new alliances they will be laying the smack down while laughing :D:D:D:D

A massive army of Ma-mutts will be used in retaliation!:p

L08e16o 02-02-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 33466)
o.O

He could even lose the sword. Now that would keep them busy for the duration of a nice arc! How would you get the sword back from Mumm-Ra?

They need a big set back.

Maybe mummra gets the book and stone. After he gets the rest of the stones, he comes back for the sword or the new alliance stops mummra from getting the SoO.

L08e16o 02-02-2012 06:05 PM

I was hoping Bengali and Pumyra were bad guys to start off. Lynxo didn't start with them, so maybe they will have different roles.

It would be so obvious if they were the alliance for the TC. I think it would be better if they were mummra's new alliance, that would be a surprising debut.

Balgus82 02-02-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 33540)
I was hoping Bengali and Pumyra were bad guys to start off. Lynxo didn't start with them, so maybe they will have different roles.

It would be so obvious if they were the alliance for the TC. I think it would be better if they were mummra's new alliance, that would be a surprising debut.

The reason I don't like that idea is because I just really wish they would start going ahead and introducing more OS villains.

I want to see Monkian, Jackalman, Vultureman, Rattaro, Berserkers, etc, etc, etc before I'd want to see OS good guys introduced as villains.

L08e16o 02-02-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 33543)
The reason I don't like that idea is because I just really wish they would start going ahead and introducing more OS villains.

I want to see Monkian, Jackalman, Vultureman, Rattaro, Berserkers, etc, etc, etc before I'd want to see OS good guys introduced as villains.

So you are fine with the same predictable bad guy cast?

I like the idea, because it is different. I never thougth T/L would be brothers.

I am sure we will see the other bad guys though.