Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34931)
The writers already messed up everything big time, especially Cheetara's character. WB should have called in the OS crew instead of recruiting new ones, that's not respectful of the OS. No wonder now, of Peter Lawrencen's comments back then about the NS.

I wonder what part he was talking about.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34931)
The writers already messed up everything big time, especially Cheetara's character. WB should have called in the OS crew instead of recruiting new ones, that's not respectful of the OS. No wonder now, of Peter Lawrencen's comments back then about the NS.

What were the writers thinking when they wrote this? What do the writers expect the viewers, regardless of age, to think of Cheetara?:confused:

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34933)
I think they hate lion-o. No human can go through all that and come out sane.

Sadly you're probably right.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34935)
What were the writers thinking when they wrote this? What do the writers expect the viewers, regardless of age, to think of Cheetara?:confused:

Agreed. It would have been better to have no romance or have T/C already developed.

This triangle is making her look bad.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34937)
Sadly you're probably right.

If lion-o is stuck in the stone for 5 years, we know what they followed.:(

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34933)
I think they hate lion-o. No human can go through all that and come out sane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34934)
I wonder what part he was talking about.

Quite possibly this storyline. This story is starting to remind me of the poor, insulting characterizations of the Thundercats comics from last decade.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34939)
If lion-o is stuck in the stone for 5 years, we know what they followed.:(

It wouldn't surprise me at this point. I had a lot of hopes for this show, but now....:(

cmangund 02-12-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34932)
I have to wonder if the writers HATE Cheetara. I mean, there's no way she doesn't look bad I'm this. This is approaching Thundercats comics level of bad characterization.

Agreed. A complete failure in writing Cheetara.

cmangund 02-12-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34935)

Jelenic and crew are not good writers that's for sure. Waaay below from Dwayne Mcduffie and Timm and from JL.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34943)
Jelenic and crew are not good writers that's for sure. Waaay below from Dwayne Mcduffie and Timm and from JL.

This is a one shot deal, DC stuff will always be around. TC is another story.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34941)
It wouldn't surprise me at this point. I had a lot of hopes for this show, but now....:(

Same here.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

What shocks me is they played up the betrayal and nothing was mention about it. Did cheetara think she prevented the betrayal?

cmangund 02-12-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34947)
What shocks me is they played up the betrayal and nothing was mention about it. Did cheetara think she prevented the betrayal?

Another bad story writing and characterization all around.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

This is some of the worst character destruction I've ever seen. At lest with the comics most people didn't read those anyway, but with this, adult fans as well as their kids are watching this mess unfold, and this can't be good for the brand.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34948)
Another bad story writing and characterization all around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34950)
This is some of the worst character destruction I've ever seen. At lest with the comics most people didn't read those anyway, but with this, adult fans as well as their kids are watching this mess unfold, and this can't be good for the brand.

So will tygra give up the crown will lion-o comes back? I don't think he will.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34947)

I guess Cheetara in her clerical wisdom, decided to prevent Tygras betraying Lion-o by betraying him herself.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34951)
So will tygra give up the crown will lion-o comes back? I don't think he will.

Well since the SoO chose Lion-o, it might blast Tygra if he refuses to return Lion-os birthright.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34952)
I guess Cheetara in her clerical wisdom, decided to prevent Tygras betraying Lion-o by betraying him herself.

That is how I see it.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34957)
Well since the SoO chose Lion-o, it might blast Tygra if he refuses to return Lion-os birthright.

Cheetara will probably say "lion-o, you should share with your brother, he is the LoTC".

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34959)
Cheetara will probably say "lion-o, you should share with your brother, he is the LoTC".

And Lion-o will say "Jaga wants to have a word with you Cheetara" and pull out the book of Omens, and banish her in it.

cmangund 02-12-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34950)

Agreed. Its already a triangle/relationship mess, like "friends" and "two and and a half men".

cmangund 02-12-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34960)
And Lion-o will say "Jaga wants to have a word with you Cheetara" and pull out the book of Omens, and banish her in it.

Forever. A fitting punishment for Mumm-ra's wife.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

That would be cold.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34961)
Agreed. Its already a triangle/relationship mess, like "friends" and "two and and a half men".

Drama.:confused::confused:

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34962)

Will the spirit stone take lion-o to the other cats or does lion-o get up and say "SoO come to my hands"?

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34962)

I think Cheetara must be to the clerics, what Sith are to the Jedi . She has fallen to the darkside. The writers should just reveal she was raised by the Plundarians, and sent to learn to be a cleric so one day she would destroy the crown.

KurtulanSama 02-12-2012 07:16 PM

Well we all guessed lion-o's part (him losing the sword etc.) but Cheetara's part... This is totally wrong. I never watched the OC(never aired in my country) but even I can realize Cheetara can not be this kind of character.

She can't act like an ignorant, naive, HS girl. She is too old for that crap.(Yep 20-25 is too old for it:P) It ruins the heroines place in the story.

If I were in Lion-O's I would never trust Cheetara again. Who could? Even they continue together they won't be a team anymore. Jealousy was always been between brothers but now it is not only Tygra's jealousy and Lion-O can never forget this.
This triangle ruined the team and the point of the show.

I believe we could create a better remake for TC.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34965)
Will the spirit stone take lion-o to the other cats or does lion-o get up and say "SoO come to my hands"?

The stone will probably take Lion-o to the others. Though I do like the thought of Lion-o summoning the Sword and having it fly out of Tygras hand,:p leaving everyone awestruck.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtulanSama (Post 34967)
Well we all guessed lion-o's part (him losing the sword etc.) but Cheetara's part... This is totally wrong. I never watched the OC(never aired in my country) but even I can realize Cheetara can not be this kind of character.

She can't act like an ignorant, naive, HS girl. She is too old for that crap.(Yep 20-25 is too old for it:P) It ruins the heroines place in the story.

If I were in Lion-O's I would never trust Cheetara again. Who could? Even they continue together they won't be a team anymore. Jealousy was always been between brothers but now it is not only Tygra's jealousy and Lion-O can never forget this.

Agreed.

Even if no one wants to admit it, the T/C indirectly lead to his death.

Everyone saw it, even kit and kat, but she didn't?

The triangle has become the focus of the show.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtulanSama (Post 34967)

I agree completely. None of this makes any sense, they've made Cheetara a villain, and I doubt they'll ever be able to clean this up. As you said, Lion-o will never be able to trust Cheetara again, Lion-o and Tygras relationship is likely ruined, this whole thing is just a mess.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34968)
The stone will probably take Lion-o to the others. Though I do like the thought of Lion-o summoning the Sword and having it fly out of Tygras hand,:p leaving everyone awestruck.

See, I don't think tygra will give it back.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34974)
Agreed.

Cheetara definately doesn't come across as someone terribly naive. Tygra and the kittens all thought something was going on between her and Lion-o, so I'm not buying she didn't know what she was doing. Which is why I called her a villainous seductress.

Big Snarf 02-12-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34941)

About to put in the same category as the first "HULK" movie which really sucked

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34977)
Cheetara definately doesn't come across as someone terribly naive. Tygra and the kittens all thought something was going on between her and Lion-o, so I'm not buying she didn't know what she was doing. Which is why I called her a villainous seductress.

She kissed him on the cheek right in front of tygra. If you like someone, you don't do that and I am sure clerics don't do that.

To make it right, you would think she say I don't chose anyone until the mission is finished.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34976)

Thankfully though the Sword has a will of its own, so with the return of the true wielder, it would probably shock Tygra if he refused to return it to Lion-o. And aside from the treacherous Cheetara, everyone else would likely follow Lion-o.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34982)
Thankfully though the Sword has a will of its own, so with the return of the true wielder, it would probably shock Tygra if he refused to return it to Lion-o. And aside from the treacherous Cheetara, everyone else would likely follow Lion-o.

Will this make tygra go his own way?

Big Snarf 02-12-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34963)
That would be cold.

Dropped in a pit with a hungry snow-meow would be much colder

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34981)
She kissed him on the cheek right in front of tygra. If you like someone, you don't do that and I am sure clerics don't do that.

To make it right, you would think she say I don't chose anyone until the mission is finished.

Exactly. Which is why I don't trust Cheetaras motivations at all anymore. I'm leaning more and more on my theory of her being longterm double agent working with the lizards.

Big Snarf 02-12-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34976)

Then we know lion-o is gonna take it back. Maybe some kind of lion king non sense were tygra gets fed to jackal man and the dogs

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34983)
Will this make tygra go his own way?

Possibly, he take Cheetara with him. They can bring in Pumyra and Bengali to fill out the group with people Lion-o can trust.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 34984)
Dropped in a pit with a hungry snow-meow would be much colder

:D:D

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34987)
Possibly, he take Cheetara with him. They can bring in Pumyra and Bengali to fill out the group with people Lion-o can trust.

If cheetara goes with him, she better never talk to lion-o ever again.

L08e16o 02-12-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34985)
Exactly. Which is why I don't trust Cheetaras motivations at all anymore. I'm leaning more and more on my theory of her being longterm double agent working with the lizards.

In away she did them both wrong.

I don't know, her dream was to be a cleric.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 34986)
Then we know lion-o is gonna take it back. Maybe some kind of lion king non sense were tygra gets fed to jackal man and the dogs

Yeah! And Cheetara witch that she is, would try to use her feminine wiles on Lion-o, who would reject her and banish her.

cmangund 02-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34974)
Agreed.

Yeah T/C is the main cause of L's death.

The triangle is a very important part of the story like they said. albeit the triangle has ruined everything, especially Cheetara' character.

The writing is already so bad, lost count on the bad checklist.

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 34990)
In away she did them both wrong.

I don't know, her dream was to be a cleric.

Yeah I don't think they'll actually write that in the show, but I can't really predict what these writers will do anymore. Personally I'd like both brothers to reject her, but then shed probably go after Panthro.:p

cmangund 02-12-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34993)
Yeah I don't think they'll actually write that in the show, but I can't really predict what these writers will do anymore. Personally I'd like both brothers to reject her, but then shed probably go after Panthro.:p

Ahh right one more male cat that cheetara has not conquer yet. Add that to the evil seductress checklist. Bengali is next in her checklist too:rolleyes:

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34992)
Yeah T/C is the main cause of L's death.

The triangle is a very important part of the story like they said. albeit the triangle has ruined everything, especially Cheetara' character.

The writing is already so bad, lost count on the bad checklist.

This is a good example of how writers should stick with what they are best at. They built an amazing mythology, with a world full of interesting characters, but they just had to have this damn triangle...:mad:

stormbringer 02-12-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 34994)
Ahh right one more male cat that cheetara has not conquer yet. Add that to the evil seductress checklist. Bengali is next in her checklist too:rolleyes:

Once Wilykat hits puberty, some bad stuffs going to happen. :p

cmangund 02-12-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 34996)
Once Wilykat hits puberty, some bad stuffs going to happen. :p

Cheetara: "Please get in line every male cat in thundera, and be patient, eveybody will get his turn...":rolleyes: