Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29299)
:D:D:D:D

That is going to be a OVA not aired on tv.

A bit "too mature" for kids:D

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29282)
I agree, lion-o will be king of 3rd earth, but tygra can have his own destiny.

I would like tygra to get a bone, I don't think he will get cheetara at the end. I hope he has a kingdom with his own family outside of thunderia.

I think their destinies are forever intertwined. I don't think either of them will get her. Tygra will always want thundera

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29304)
I think their destinies are forever intertwined. I don't think either of them will get her. Tygra will always want thundera

Which is kinda pitiful, since there's not much of Thundera left!:D

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

I would agree if this was not a hero story. This story is about lion-o not tygra.

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29306)
I would agree if this was not a hero story. This story is about lion-o not tygra.

Exactly. Lion-O is the A-List Male Cat

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29298)
They could have split off, maybe this tribe would be tygrus offsprings.

Then i think they would be the ones constantly trying to conquer thundera.

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29306)

The greatest adversary to a young hero is one who he has never beaten

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29305)
Which is kinda pitiful, since there's not much of Thundera left!:D

New thundera then

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:21 PM

They could also expand on the betrayal bit, it's not just Tygra that betray Lion-O but the entire Tyger clan betray the Lion Clan that started way back as suggested by Stormbringer way back. So the Reason Cladus adopted Tygra to ensure peace between Tyger Clan and Lion Clan. and no more future betrayal from tyger clan to the lion clan.

The betrayal Could be antoher long story arc, Cheetara just happened to get caught in a much bigger plot, thus the writers tie the triangle with the plot with aNet's prediction. which is the more reason in Ep14 will definetly go more to Lion-O/Cheetara.

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29309)

Well we know Mummra definately doesn't meet that criteria!

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29312)
Well we know Mummra definately doesn't meet that criteria!

poor, poor Mumm-Ra:rolleyes: You need to step up the game dude!

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29311)
They could also expand on the betrayal bit, it's not just Tygra that betray Lion-O but the entire Tyger clan betray the Lion Clan that started way back as suggested by Stormbringer way back. So the Reason Cladus adopted Tygra to ensure peace between Tyger Clan and Lion Clan. and no more future betrayal from tyger clan to the lion clan.

So then, that means that Lion-o and Tygra would have to work out their differences, to maintain peace on third earth.:cool:

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29315)
So then, that means that Lion-o and Tygra would have to work out their differences, to maintain peace on third earth.:cool:

Could be antoher long story arc, Cheetara just happened to get caught in a much bigger plot, thus the writers tie the triangle with the plot. which is the more reason in Ep14 will definetly go more to Lion-O/Cheetara.

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

A darkseid new genesis plot but grune is also a tiger

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29317)
A darkseid new genesis plot but grune is also a tiger

Something like that, why not? Grune and Tygra are a "Couple" anyway.:D

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29308)
Then i think they would be the ones constantly trying to conquer thundera.

They might have been. What destoryed cheetara's people.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29307)
Exactly. Lion-O is the A-List Male Cat

Lion-o is the only lion and cheetara is the only cheetah

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29309)

I agree. I am just saying this is a classic hero story.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Good idea.

Tigers wouldn't always attack due to the SoO.

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29318)
Something like that, why not? Grune and Tygra are a "Couple" anyway.:D

It's been staring me in the face all this time, Grune is Tygras father!!!:eek:

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29324)

Could be. Good deduction stormbringer.

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29321)
I agree. I am just saying this is a classic hero story.

In most classic hero stories they are betrayed most of he time "mostly by family" and half the time they don't get the girl because she always takes the fall or bullet for him

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29324)

i joked about that way back in this thread

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29325)

We know that the show takes some elements from different myths/movies, I could definately see Tygra/Grune having a Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader revelation.

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29327)
In most classic hero stories they are betrayed most of he time "mostly by family" and half the time they don't get the girl because she always takes the fall or bullet for him

True, but in this case the Classic "hero's story" aimed mostly for younger kids, officially 6-11.

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29330)
We know that the show takes some elements from different myths/movies, I could definately see Tygra/Grune having a Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader revelation.

Grune might kept it the dark, because Caludus told him too, or Grune himself did not know that, until Bengali and the clan explain it to Tygra.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29327)

That is the first I heard of that.

Every story the main lead get the gets the main female. In a classical hero story.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29332)
Grune might kept it the dark, because Caludus told him too, or Grune himself did not know that, until Bengali and the clan explain it to Tygra.

Can you imagine tygra's face.

stormbringer 01-08-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29325)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29332)

That could give Tygra some issues. It was bad enough when Grune was just Tygras "hero" and killed his father. But to learn that Grune actually was his biological father...:eek:

cmangund 01-08-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29337)
That could give Tygra some issues. It was bad enough when Grune was just Tygras "hero" and killed his father. But to learn that Grune actually was his biological father...:eek:

Which is excactly why Lion-O/Cheetara will develop more starting Ep14, this betrayal of Tygra is a bigger plot then the triangle itself, otherwise the writers will not tie it with the plot wiht Anet's prediction. So the evolved Triangle tipping more to Lion-O/Cheetara or Just Lion-O/Cheetara with some resentment from Tygra, the detached triangle.

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:04 PM

Cheetara and the others my not know the real truth about Tyger clan betrayal to Lion clan back in history, heck even Tygra himself may not know this. This could be one of the dark secrets, Tygra's voice actor mentioned, on Tygra. After Cheetara learn more about this she will definetly be more to Lion-O's side, the triangle scale will flip more to Lion-O.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29338)
Which is excactly why Lion-O/Cheetara will develop more starting Ep14, this betrayal of Tygra is a bigger plot then the triangle itself, otherwise the writers will not tie it with the plot wiht Anet's prediction. So the evolved Triangle tipping more to Lion-O/Cheetara or Just Lion-O/Cheetara with some resentment from Tygra, the detached triangle.

But I think tygra is ready to move on, don't you?

The crown is a different story.

Grune being his father would make tygra conflicted.

Was Grune right going for power because he is is better or stay a slave to lion-o.

stormbringer 01-08-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29339)
Cheetara and the others my not know the real truth about Tyger clan betrayal to Lion clan back in history, heck even Tygra himself may not know this. This could be one of the dark secrets, Tygra's voice actor mentioned, on Tygra. After Cheetara learn more about this she will definetly be more to Lion-O's side, the triangle scale will flip more to Lion-O.

Yikes I'm starting to feel bad for Tygra, sounds like he could lose everything.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29339)

If that happens, then I think she would be conflicted.

But what episode would touch on this? I still think native son is about tygra.

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29335)
That is the first I heard of that.

Every story the main lead get the gets the main female. In a classical hero story.

Not in every story, the % where they don't might surprise you

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29340)
But I think tygra is ready to move on, don't you?

The crown is a different story.

Grune being his father would make tygra conflicted.

Was Grune right going for power because he is is better or stay a slave to lion-o.

Hopefully yes Tygra will move one, and be "free completely" from the Triangle Web. If the Lion-O/Cheetara/SoO connections are going to come true then yes Tygra an be "free completely" from the web since its fate and duty are also there beside feelings for Lion-O. The other factor that could help Tygra move on is if maybe after he learned his dark secrets. Depends on what exactly the past was.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29343)
Not in every story, the % where they don't might surprise you

We are going to have to disagree.

Anime, that always happen most of the time. LOR.

Tygra might betray lion-o, but cheetara will not die. We might see lion-o die saving cheetara in the next episode.

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29342)
If that happens, then I think she would be conflicted.

But what episode would touch on this? I still think native son is about tygra.

Depends, if the SoO/Connection/Lion-O are coming to light then the traingle allready reaches the Lion-O/Cheetara or a "better end". That's why I think the SoO/Lion-O/Cheetara connection must come true to help her choose. Otherwise it will be that with the detached evolved triangle or the evolved triangle. We can assume she's already conflicted for now.

I think this will be explained slowly from "New Alliances" to ""Native Son" and beyond.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29344)
Hopefully yes Tygra will move one, and be "free completely" from the Triangle Web. If the Lion-O/Cheetara/SoO connections are going to come true then yes Tygra an be "free completely" from the web since its fate and duty are also there beside feelings for Lion-O. The other factor that could help Tygra move on is if maybe after he learned his dark secrets. Depends on what exactly the past was.

I think he needs to break free of anything lion-o to be free. I think him having his own path would help him or give him somthing to look forward too.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29346)
Depends, if the SoO/Connection/Lion-O are coming to light then the traingle allready reaches the Lion-O/Cheetara or a "better end". That's why I think the SoO/Lion-O/Cheetara connection must come true to help her choose.

I think this will be explained slowly from "New Alliances" to ""Native Son" and beyond.

They need say they will explain more about L/C in the next episode.

We saw cheetara tap into the power and she said she knew why the sword chose him.

stormbringer 01-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29348)
I think he needs to break free of anything lion-o to be free. I think him having his own path would help him or give him somthing to look forward too.

Very true, Tygra will never find contentment so long as he's still coveting the kingship of Thundera. He needs something that belongs to him.

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29341)
Yikes I'm starting to feel bad for Tygra, sounds like he could lose everything.

Pumyra will be there with open arms:D

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 29350)
Very true, Tygra will never find contentment so long as he's still covering the kingship of Thundera. He needs something that belongs to him.

That is T/C will not last, it is toxic for tygra. To much baggage.

If he can have a path and someone else outside of lion-o, I think he will grow into a great cat.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 29351)
Pumyra will be there with open arms:D

You know it.:D

She will help him focus.

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29345)
We are going to have to disagree.

Anime, that always happen most of the time. LOR.

Tygra might betray lion-o, but cheetara will not die. We might see lion-o die saving cheetara in the next episode.

Lion-o dying before cheetara is highly unlikely. Someone always takes the bullet for the hero when he is at his weakest point and thats very common in anime as well

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29354)
Lion-o dying before cheetara is highly unlikely. Someone always takes the bullet for the hero when he is at his weakest point and thats very common in anime as well

Not the main characters.

I am using the lion-o death (not really dies) from DN's comment that "nothing is certain, not even death".

I believe this will have something to do with the trails.

I see lion-o doing something rash.

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:35 PM

If Cheetara's the one mortally wounded could also be to our advantage, Lion-O nursing Cheetara:D But highly unlikely since the basic romance formula in this kind of scenario is almost always the lead female nursing the lead male, so the feelings connections are born :D

Big Snarf 01-08-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 29355)
Not the main characters.

I am using the lion-o death (not really dies) from DN's comment that "nothing is certain, not even death".

I believe this will have something to do with the trails.

I see lion-o doing something rash.

The trails might have something to do with spirit stone reanimating the history that took place in the book after legacy ep.

cmangund 01-08-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29358)
The trails might have something to do with spirit stone reanimating the history that took place in the book after legacy ep.

yes Could also be something like that.

L08e16o 01-08-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 29358)

Could, I don't think lion-o's heart is ready for the book. If he were to the legacy part again, he would've failed.