Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30861)
Agree, heck I think leonardo would beat lion-o and tygra together.

cant argue with that

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30859)
tygra vs. leonardo sword fight................ hands down leonardo.

Tygra will get the whoping of his life.:D

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:07 PM

I have achived full awesomeness

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30865)
Tygra will get the whoping of his life.:D

agreed

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30860)
My counsins and I liked Michelangelo too. He was a trip.

Michelangelo is the soul of the group, Leonardo is the badass leader, Raph is the temper of the gorup, Donnatelo is the thinker of the group.:cool:

No ship is needed at all in TMNT already cool with the Main Characters:cool:

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30867)
I have achived full awesomeness

Perfect Specimen:D

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30869)
Michelangelo is the soul of the group, Leonardo is the badass leader, Raph is the temper of the gorup, Donnatelo is the thinker of the group.:cool:

its all balanced.

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30870)
Perfect Specimen:D

exactly

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30871)
its all balanced.

TMNT versus Mumm-ra and his army, who will emerge victorious?

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30873)

leonardo was chuck norris's pet turtle.:D

L08e16o 01-15-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30869)

I thought they all hooked up with April.:D

Did leonardo hook up with the other ninja?

L08e16o 01-15-2012 11:17 PM

TMNT would crush the TC.

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30875)

no just they're friend , guy, person.

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30875)

Casey Jones is April's thing:D

Karai, their relationship is brother/sister/enemy/ally thing

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30878)
Casey Jones is April's thing:D

Karai, their relationship is brother/sister/enemy/ally thing

yes that dude

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30874)
leonardo was chuck norris's pet turtle.:D

Behold the power of Chuck F**king Norris! Even his pet Turtle already that good!:D

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:26 PM

and he had pet cats too. ;)

DarkKnight 01-15-2012 11:28 PM

random: my reaction to batman and robin(movie) |(*_*)| WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that.

cmangund 01-15-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30882)
random: my reaction to batman and robin(movie) |(*_*)| WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that.

No Smilies can explain your reaction:D

Big Snarf 01-15-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30873)

mum-ra would own them all day. Now snarf vs splinter is more interesting but snarf-ra would own splinter :D

Big Snarf 01-15-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30876)
TMNT would crush the TC.

Lion-o and the sword of omens would make turtle soup out of the tmnt and feed them to shredder :D

stormbringer 01-16-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30884)
mum-ra would own them all day. Now snarf vs splinter is more interesting but snarf-ra would own splinter :D

how about Krang vs Snarf?:p

cmangund 01-16-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 30887)
how about Krang vs Snarf?:p

Snarf will tickle Krang to submission.:D

cmangund 01-16-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30685)
I thought lion-o go the clone

No, Snarf got the real Cheetara, Lion-O and Tygra got the clones. Then the 6 of them can have a triple date. Until Snow Meow comes along with his bowel movements........:D

Big Snarf 01-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30906)
Snarf will tickle Krang to submission.:D

na he'll just feed him to snow-meow :D

Big Snarf 01-16-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30910)
No, Snarf got the real Cheetara, Lion-O and Tygra got the clones. Then the 6 of them can have a triple date. Until Snow Meow comes along with his bowel movements........:D

:D:D The roar of snow-meow would trigger loose bowel movements in tygra and lion-o snarf will be all :D:D:D:D and runaway to fight another day because the big cat strikes again

Big Snarf 01-16-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30861)
Agree, heck I think leonardo would beat lion-o and tygra together.

Until the OS panthro theme music starts to play and panthro beats down all the tmnt and chuck norris :eek:

Eclipse 01-16-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30837)
You should have come out and say it.:)

I fail to see why. Come on, you got it, so did Balgus and Adam (btw thanks for answering guys) and I won't insult everyone else who did not answer by assuming they are not smart enough to get it.

Quote:

If cheetara didn't have a good solution to the issue, then she should have told both of them that she can't pick and complete the mission first. If she was meant to be with one of them, then those feelings won't be able to hide for long.

That point is moot. We are dealing with what we have been given.

Quote:

Depends on how they do the 180. They can do it with both T/C looking good. We disagree on this, but that was a thank you kiss. She never had had to say I owe you a thank you. I think they put that in for the kids to understand it was a thank you. There was no reason for her to say that before she kissed him.

Well two wrongs did make a right at the end of 13 (tygra's jealousy and cheetara not being honest).:D

I agree. Brother told the girls and boy to tell someone first, before something bad happens.

Thanks.

We think it was a boy. I hope to have a girl later.

This conversation is about Cheetara, and how she can be perceived by both the target audience and their parents. You're adding elements that distract from the point trying to be funny, but this is really serious, so I leave them aside.

DN said she chose Tygra so it was *not* just a thank you kiss, it was the excuse to kiss. You do not tell an 8 year-old you kiss thanks like that. This is what sets parents apart, and the whole teaching/children psichology community has my back here (ask your brother and your sister in law, since they've probably been to at least one lecture about this issue at the kids' school, in my area it's given once a year): we don't want them to think they can kiss or be kissed thanks in such a fashion. It's the same as when you refrain from softly slapping their cute little butts as soon as they turn one year old, so they won't grow up believing it's OK for another kid / a teen / an adult to touch them. The kind of message that's all right by a teen (thank you kiss) is not the right message to a child under 10 (somebody else can kiss you like that and you have to accept it because it's thanks and thanks is a good thing).

This is multiplied by a number of behaviors that are completely innocent in appearance at the close family level but in reality may leave them exposed to possibility of not recognizing / not reacting to abuse. We raise by example and we are not ambiguous in our message.

You're going to be a parent. I'm not trying to scare you, but it's not too early to concern yourself with these issues, and talk them over with your SO and perhaps with your brother and his wife as well.

Alapan 01-16-2012 11:34 AM

Okay, everybody says that Cheetara has actually chosen Lion-O becase there might be some connection she has as a cleric with SoO. I am totally for that, that would give her presence a lot more meaning that just a major love conflict between the royal brothers. But why doesn't anyone see that she might choose Tygra now but her opinion of Tygra as a person might change later? We have already discussed that Tygra's character is being presented in a negative way in this series, he is egotistic, greedy (for the crown), and always tries to prove that he is better than Lion-O even when his younger brother is trying to protect him and the rest of Tcats. Maybe, and this is all speculation so don't kill me, Cheetara's mind will change after she truly sees what kind of person Tygra has become vs what kind of a person Lion-O is becoming.

Eclipse 01-16-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alapan (Post 30932)
Okay, everybody says that Cheetara has actually chosen Lion-O becase there might be some connection she has as a cleric with SoO. I am totally for that, that would give her presence a lot more meaning that just a major love conflict between the royal brothers. But why doesn't anyone see that she might choose Tygra now but her opinion of Tygra as a person might change later? We have already discussed that Tygra's character is being presented in a negative way in this series, he is egotistic, greedy (for the crown), and always tries to prove that he is better than Lion-O even when his younger brother is trying to protect him and the rest of Tcats. Maybe, and this is all speculation so don't kill me, Cheetara's mind will change after she truly sees what kind of person Tygra has become vs what kind of a person Lion-O is becoming.

Hello there :)

While we've already discussed Tygra's personality and we've somewhat agreed that he's taken a turn for the better after BB as far as his attitude towards his brother is concerned, your point is good.

From now to the end of the series, anything can happen. The first twist was to "wow" and "eww" the audience (and boy did they do that). My stand on the issue (see my last post) is that if they are planning another twist they will treat it with extreme care and most of all, with lots of time. Which means we should get used to the idea of T/C together or no couple at all for a while before any major changes may happen.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 30910)

then leonardo uses a pressure point attack on snow meows ulviala until he upchucks.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

nevermind i like it. i guess

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 30929)
I fail to see why. Come on, you got it, so did Balgus and Adam (btw thanks for answering guys) and I won't insult everyone else who did not answer by assuming they are not smart enough to get it.

This conversation is about Cheetara, and how she can be perceived by both the target audience and their parents. You're adding elements that distract from the point trying to be funny, but this is really serious, so I leave them aside.

DN said she chose Tygra so it was *not* just a thank you kiss, it was the excuse to kiss. You do not tell an 8 year-old you kiss thanks like that. This is what sets parents apart, and the whole teaching/children psichology community has my back here (ask your brother and your sister in law, since they've probably been to at least one lecture about this issue at the kids' school, in my area it's given once a year): we don't want them to think they can kiss or be kissed thanks in such a fashion. It's the same as when you refrain from softly slapping their cute little butts as soon as they turn one year old, so they won't grow up believing it's OK for another kid / a teen / an adult to touch them. The kind of message that's all right by a teen (thank you kiss) is not the right message to a child under 10 (somebody else can kiss you like that and you have to accept it because it's thanks and thanks is a good thing).

This is multiplied by a number of behaviors that are completely innocent in appearance at the close family level but in reality may leave them exposed to possibility of not recognizing / not reacting to abuse. We raise by example and we are not ambiguous in our message.

You're going to be a parent. I'm not trying to scare you, but it's not too early to concern yourself with these issues, and talk them over with your SO and perhaps with your brother and his wife as well.

who the hell is DN. if your referring to me I never said cheetara chose tygra.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

i have no words to describe what the *%^& im reading.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30923)
Until the OS panthro theme music starts to play and panthro beats down all the tmnt and chuck norris :eek:

not chuck norris. chuck norris just allowed panthro to lose.

Big Snarf 01-16-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30949)
not chuck norris. chuck norris just allowed panthro to lose.

Until chuck norris touched the thunder tank and panthro is like :mad:, now panthro has chuck norris leather seats in the thunder tank and a red wig :eek:. :D:D:D:D

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30959)
Until chuck norris touched the thunder tank and panthro is like :mad:, now panthro has chuck norris leather seats in the thunder tank and a red wig :eek:. :D:D:D:D

because chuck norris gave him those fakes and walked away.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 04:49 PM

super funny: tygra tried to do a fusion with vegeta and messed it up. then tygra critisizes vegeta for not bending his fingers. Vegeta response: are you insane, it was embarassing enough doing that stupid pose, now you're saying I couldnt get it right. who made you the fusion expert Mr. straight fingers. maybe it was your toes pointing too far in. EVER THINK OF THAT!!! tygras reaction scared trollface.:D:D :cool:

L08e16o 01-16-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30886)
Lion-o and the sword of omens would make turtle soup out of the tmnt and feed them to shredder :D

I don't know.

L08e16o 01-16-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

What is worse, a thank you kiss (she said I owe you a thank, they put that there for a reason) or being dishonset? The writers could have had her kiss him at any time, but they waited until the end and had her say I owe you a thank you. They did this in the JL.

My 12 year old niece is not into boys and she probably won't date until a lot later. Her parent are strict. They teach her morals. None of the kids are into that. They play a lot of sports and are really into school.

The whole scene was ambiguous. DN said she chose tygra..........not mummra. You don't find that odd? He did even touch any more on the subject, but maid sure he put in ............

L08e16o 01-16-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the post.

I think she has a good idea of who tygra is. I think she knows them both.

Lion-o is different, cheetara even said this. Tygra is like the rest of the cats of thunderia in his thinking, lion-o is kind and shows mercy. He doesn't want to be like tygra.

We will find out in the next episode why cheetara has always followed lion-o around.

DarkKnight 01-16-2012 05:37 PM

was up

L08e16o 01-16-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30976)
was up

What's going on?

Are you still mad?

Balgus82 01-16-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 30945)
who the hell is DN. if your referring to me I never said cheetara chose tygra.

Dan Norton

Balgus82 01-16-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30974)
What is worse, a thank you kiss (she said I owe you a thank, they put that there for a reason) or being dishonset? The writers could have had her kiss him at any time, but they waited until the end and had her say I owe you a thank you. They did this in the JL.

My 12 year old niece is not into boys and she probably won't date until a lot later. Her parent are strict. They teach her morals. None of the kids are into that. They play a lot of sports and are really into school.

The whole scene was ambiguous. DN said she chose tygra..........not mummra. You don't find that odd? He did even touch any more on the subject, but maid sure he put in ............

Dishonest about what? Give me one scene where she actually told Lion-O that she liked him or had any kind of feelings for him.
You assumed she liked him. She never lied about anything.

Dan put the ...... in because he was answering a different part of the question with the "not mumm-ra" part.

L08e16o 01-16-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 30986)
Dishonest about what? Give me one scene where she actually told Lion-O that she liked him or had any kind of feelings for him.
You assumed she liked him. She never lied about anything.

Dan put the ...... in because he was answering a different part of the question with the "not mumm-ra" part.

She was dishonest. You go to lion-o first and tell him you chose tygra. If she doesn't like him then what do you call all the flirting, holding hand, smiles, the looks she gives him, and the kiss? She knows he likes her. So if she is flirting with lion-o and she doesn't like him, what do you call it?

It is called ellipses. There was more to his answer the ellipses is there, becuase he can't explain it. Like spoiler. So it was like this, she chose tygra Spoiler not mummra.

No you put a ; to answer the other part. Cheetara chose tygra; not mummra.

She knew he had feelings for her and even when kit was teasing them about kissing, she had no problem with it.

By the way, they are going to explain why cheetara follows him around.

L08e16o 01-16-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big snarf (Post 30959)
until chuck norris touched the thunder tank and panthro is like :mad:, now panthro has chuck norris leather seats in the thunder tank and a red wig :eek:. :d:d:d:d

:d:d:d:d:d

cmangund 01-16-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Snarf (Post 30959)

There's no way Panthro can beat the real Chuck F##king Norris, that one was a cloned Chuck.:D

stormbringer 01-16-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 30989)
She was dishonest. You go to lion-o first and tell him you chose tygra. If she doesn't like him then what do you call all the flirting, holding hand, smiles, the looks she gives him, and the kiss? She knows he likes her. So if she is flirting with lion-o and she doesn't like him, what do you call it?

It is called ellipses. There was more to his answer the ellipses is there, becuase he can't explain it. Like spoiler. So it was like this, she chose tygra Spoiler not mummra.

No you put a ; to answer the other part. Cheetara chose tygra; not mummra.

She knew he had feelings for her and even when kit was teasing them about kissing, she had no problem with it.

By the way, they are going to explain why cheetara follows him around.

Yep, if Cheetara has 0 interest in Lion-o then she's a tease.

cmangund 01-16-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 30994)
Yep, if Cheetara has 0 interest in Lion-o then she's a tease.

And Cheetara is not a seductress, that flirting with Lion-O was real as it can be, The dilated pupils, the touching, the helping his "sword":D