Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 21 Clips and Pics (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=19028)

Joe Moore 05-10-2012 06:12 AM

Thundercats Ep 21 Clips and Pics

Thundercats Episode 21 Birth of the Blade Preview

Grune the Destroyer 05-10-2012 06:24 AM

Looks awesome!

HURRY UP AND SHOW THESE IN THE UK ALREADY!!!

CreepySariFan 05-10-2012 07:21 AM

Another awesome episode after an already awesome one? Awww yeah. :D

EDIT: I wonder if those other planets that support intelligent life might have the Lunataks on them...

krazycp 05-10-2012 07:34 AM

So my guess is the cats who forged the sword of plundar from the metal they recover from the star saved just a little for the sword of omens.

SirSapphire 05-10-2012 07:37 AM

Looks like once again Lion-O gets to play Pumyra's hero (oh come on, you know he's not going to let her fall) and I'm stoked to see another episode with the two of them. My guess is Lion-O insists on getting the sword away himself and Pumyra pulls a Tygra and refuses to let him go alone.

L08e16o 05-10-2012 08:02 AM

When did the mines beome the tunnel of love? :)

AlexofThundera 05-10-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepySariFan (Post 49889)
Another awesome episode after an already awesome one? Awww yeah. :D

EDIT: I wonder if those other planets that support intelligent life might have the Lunataks on them...

The guy in image 5 does resemble Alluro a bit but it looks like that might be the blacksmith. At least judging from the picture. I haven't seen the video yet cause I am at work.

OK Just saw the videos and they don't show that part in the previews. Looks like an interesting episode. I love seeing Mummra like that (past timeline), all mighty and powerful. I wish they would hurry up and make him like that in the present timeline.

Eclipse 05-10-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 49907)
When did the mines beome the tunnel of love? :)

Last Saturday! :D

L08e16o 05-10-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 49925)
Last Saturday! :D

I hate to say it, right now yes.

Balgus82 05-10-2012 09:41 AM

Looking forward to this episode. But I fear the flashbacks will be the most interesting parts. Why did the group split up? I guess it was too much to hope for an epic battle before the season finale.

AlexofThundera 05-10-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 49969)
Looking forward to this episode. But I fear the flashbacks will be the most interesting parts. Why did the group split up? I guess it was too much to hope for an epic battle before the season finale.

I'm guessing Tygra, Cheetara, and Panthro are holding off the Lizards in order to buy time for Lion-O and Pumyra to escape with the SoP.

Big Snarf 05-10-2012 11:08 AM

Wow mumm-ra showed that the pimp hand was strong back then :D:D:D:D

Mum Star 05-10-2012 11:41 AM

Screencap funtime.

Kayner: What do you mean Jakelman was cooler?

L08e16o 05-10-2012 12:07 PM

I think pumyra might know her way through the mines.

vantheman77 05-10-2012 12:39 PM

We can't forget that she was once a slave at these mines.

Since last week's episode saw Tygra and Cheetara together, this episode will see Lion-O and Pumyra as a response.

I agree that Tygra, Cheetara, and Panthro are going to try to hold off on Mumm-Ra's army, but it's unfortunate that we may not see all of the Thundercats fighting together since they all split up and the twins and Snarf are separated from them.

I hope the twins and Snarf meet Pumyra after this episode.

SirSapphire 05-10-2012 02:20 PM

Lion-O doesn't appear to have the Sword of Omens with him, did he give it to Tygra just in case he doesn't make it?

Eclipse 05-10-2012 02:41 PM

No, Lion-O is carrying both gauntlets and swords. You can see the SoO in the first few seconds of the clip, and I think I can see it again later but I'm always left with the doubt (is it the gauntlet, or is it his arm?).

SirSapphire 05-10-2012 03:02 PM

Does anyone else think that Leo sounds a lot more like Jason Marsden here than he does Will Friedle? I wonder if Will pulled strings again to land his buddy another job.

L08e16o 05-10-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 50053)
Lion-O doesn't appear to have the Sword of Omens with him, did he give it to Tygra just in case he doesn't make it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 50056)
No, Lion-O is carrying both gauntlets and swords. You can see the SoO in the first few seconds of the clip, and I think I can see it again later but I'm always left with the doubt (is it the gauntlet, or is it his arm?).

In preview two, you can see the gauntlet on lion-o's arm at the end. It looks like he is going to use it.

SirSapphire 05-10-2012 08:56 PM

Maybe this time we see a bit of a reversal on the situation in the last episode, Lion-O goes on his mission to get the sword out of the mountain (with Pumyra insisting to go with him, ostensibly as his guide but really because she cares about and wants to protect him) while the other cats keep the lizards off the escaping refugees. As he leaves Cheetara stops him, telling him to be careful, earning her the stink-eye from both Tygra and Pumyra.

hollowdheart 05-10-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirSapphire (Post 50100)
Maybe this time we see a bit of a reversal on the situation in the last episode, Lion-O goes on his mission to get the sword out of the mountain (with Pumyra insisting to go with him, ostensibly as his guide but really because she cares about and wants to protect him) while the other cats keep the lizards off the escaping refugees. As he leaves Cheetara stops him, telling him to be careful, earning her the stink-eye from both Tygra and Pumyra.

Oh no, that would just stir up more trouble.

SirSapphire 05-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 50101)
Oh no, that would just stir up more trouble.

Yeeessssssssss, I know! :D

xander88 05-10-2012 09:05 PM

Oh Cheetara, you're such a tease ;)

CCDustyV 05-10-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander88 (Post 50104)
Oh Cheetara, you're such a tease ;)

AAAAAAAND that would be completely in character with this Cheetara!

hollowdheart 05-10-2012 10:26 PM

If that did happen, i bet Lion-o would get blamed for it.

CCDustyV 05-10-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 50113)
If that did happen, i bet Lion-o would get blamed for it.

yuppers.

stormbringer 05-10-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCDustyV (Post 50111)
AAAAAAAND that would be completely in character with this Cheetara!

Sad but true.;)

stormbringer 05-11-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Pumyra seems to have a bit of a temper. She might beat the crap out of Cheetara if she pulls that.:p

JASONKAT 05-11-2012 02:12 AM

Hey i gotta question for anyone who's willing to answer or know.....
What is Mumm-Ra? I mean all i know is that he's a mummy, obviously he's not a cat. I dont really know what species he even is, or if he even was human. Just something ive been asking myself.
And also how the hell did he get his powers.

adssse 05-11-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONKAT (Post 50128)
Hey i gotta question for anyone who's willing to answer or know.....
What is Mumm-Ra? I mean all i know is that he's a mummy, obviously he's not a cat. I dont really know what species he even is, or if he even was human. Just something ive been asking myself.
And also how the hell did he get his powers.

I dont believe they have given us much in the way of what Mumm-Ra is in the NS. If you want to go by the comics than he was a human adviser to Pharaoh who summoned the ASOE for the power (also making him ever-living) to overthrow him. After losing he was sentenced to spend eternity in the tomb.

Mum Star 05-11-2012 06:24 AM

But those were based on TOS, not the new series, right? I suppose that what Mumm-Ra is will be another of those "revealed later" bits. Although in this case it's justifiable. I have seen elswhere online some people say that with the nose, and the wings in his ever-living form, he's a bat.

SirSapphire 05-11-2012 08:21 AM

Based on the wings, nose, and ears (which can be seen in his concept art where his hood is down) as well as his weakness to light I'd say Mumm-Ra is supposed to be a bat.

Also I didn't mean for Cheetara to start flirting with Lion-O, just like Lion-O wasn't flirting with her when he wished her well on her mission. They're just trying to repair their friendship and the other cats misunderstand their intentions, kind of like how they misunderstood one another.

Big Snarf 05-11-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

How about a good luck hug :D:D:D I dare not say a good luck kiss on the cheek :D:D:D

Big Snarf 05-11-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 50123)
Pumyra seems to have a bit of a temper. She might beat the crap out of Cheetara if she pulls that.:p

Hmm the only thing missing from that temper is adamantium :D:D:D. Tygra might catch it too if he tries to help :D:D:D:D

fuukonomiko 05-11-2012 11:24 AM

Anyone else notice these particular cats don't land on their feet? LOL.

Shadowknight1 05-11-2012 12:58 PM

Okay...I'm confused here. Is Mumm-ra ordering the destruction of a solar system or a galaxy? Cause he says "STAR" but they're looking at the center of a GALAXY. Galactic centers, while having multitudes of stars, WILL NOT HAVE HABITABLE PLANETS, and whatever device he launches will be lost because a galactic center has millions of BLACK HOLES. For fuck's sakes, didn't any of the writers take basic astronomy?

hollowdheart 05-11-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 (Post 50199)
Okay...I'm confused here. Is Mumm-ra ordering the destruction of a solar system or a galaxy? Cause he says "STAR" but they're looking at the center of a GALAXY. Galactic centers, while having multitudes of stars, WILL NOT HAVE HABITABLE PLANETS, and whatever device he launches will be lost because a galactic center has millions of BLACK HOLES. For fuck's sakes, didn't any of the writers take basic astronomy?

Maybe they'll fix the dialogue later?

Big Snarf 05-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

I think its a chain reaction I think panthera said something to that extent

SirSapphire 05-11-2012 03:39 PM

It looks like like it could be a star system to me, albeit one that still has a lot of gas and refractive dust in it.

hollowdheart 05-11-2012 03:53 PM

It looks more like a galaxy than a star to me. And Stars are made differently....the Sun, for instance, is a giant star. Though maybe they're just taking creative license, or Mumm-ra's just really stupid.

L08e16o 05-11-2012 04:20 PM

Can lion-o use the SoP or is he the only can get near it without corrupting him?

KurtulanSama 05-11-2012 04:43 PM

I believe, SoO would cleanse the corruption or protect Lion-O from the SoP's influence?

Mum Star 05-11-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

They had to make up for everyone breathing in space somehow?:D

Balgus82 05-11-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Don't assume the writers know anything that's not common knowledge. And that is, most definately, not common knowledge.

hollowdheart 05-11-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 50242)
Don't assume the writers know anything that's not common knowledge. And that is, most definately, not common knowledge.

But isn't that stuff you learn in school? I learned that in science class. Though i did study astronomy for a project, so...

DanaLynn 05-11-2012 05:54 PM

Well, I got lost about 5 light years back with this galaxy/solar system/star talk. Then again, I never took astronomy in school, but I really dont remember much of science, or high school anyway.

Balgus82 05-11-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 50244)
But isn't that stuff you learn in school? I learned that in science class. Though i did study astronomy for a project, so...

I didn't learn a thing about astronomy in school. It wasn't taught. The only things I know come from watching PBS and the Discovery channel.

hollowdheart 05-11-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 50247)
I didn't learn a thing about astronomy in school. It wasn't taught. The only things I know come from watching PBS and the Discovery channel.

Hmmm.....i only learned for a project on stars we had to do. I wonder how old the writer is? Maybe they didn't teach that stuff about planets/stars then?

Balgus82 05-11-2012 06:15 PM

I just realized they changed the title from "Birth of the Blades" (plural) to "Birth of the Blade" (singular).

DanaLynn 05-11-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 50253)
I just realized they changed the title from "Birth of the Blades" (plural) to "Birth of the Blade" (singular).

I noticed that too.