Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New 4in wave in hand (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=10046)

Mongor 01-22-2012 01:08 PM

Thundercats 4" Lion-O Version 2 (large gauntlet) Wave 2 (Bandai 2012) 4-inch Figure Review - YouTube

Here ya go. He reviews all the new releases except the Storm Charger.

poddie 01-24-2012 06:52 AM

I can't believe they have reduced the articulation of all the series 2 figures. I had high hopes for this line and thought they would make the articulation better as it went. Instead they have done the opposite and stripped joints out that were there before! No more waist and ankle joints.

I thought Bandai was really pimping how these would compare to Joes and other lines in terms of articulation? And now they have turned around and screwed it up.

Man, what a let down.

Saint Phe 01-26-2012 11:59 AM

I finally found these at a Walmart 90 miles away. I bought Claudus, Panthro, and Lion-o. All awesome. I don't even mind the lack of ankle articulation too much. Panthro's lack of wrist articulation bugs me a little, but his colored nunchucks help make up for it. Oh, and you CAN put the new gauntlet on the previously released Lion-o.

Oddly enough, the new even softer plastic used for the Sword of Omens keeps it from warping. It actually stays pretty straight.

Covenant 02-02-2012 03:22 PM

Has anyone else noticed bad paint ops on their new 4" Wave 2 figs? I just cracked open a new Panthro and he has paint scuffed off of the TCats emblem on his belt, the teeth in his mouth are overpainted and on the back of his left shoulder is a huge smear of silver paint from his metal arms. Seems much sloppier to me than Wave 1 which seemed good to me overall.

Saint Phe 02-02-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant (Post 33529)
Has anyone else noticed bad paint ops on their new 4" Wave 2 figs? I just cracked open a new Panthro and he has paint scuffed off of the TCats emblem on his belt, the teeth in his mouth are overpainted and on the back of his left shoulder is a huge smear of silver paint from his metal arms. Seems much sloppier to me than Wave 1 which seemed good to me overall.

Weird. Mine are fine. But the same thing happens with Marvel Universe; I'll see a wave in one store with great paint apps, but I'll see the the same wave somewhere else and they've smeared all over.

jabus 02-02-2012 10:58 PM

Do the series 1 figures shipping with the series 2 figures have updated packaging showing the new wave or are they still on the series 1 cards?

Covenant 02-03-2012 09:41 AM

Lion-O and Panthro still have series one cards so you gotta really look through the pegs to find them!

Tracer 02-09-2012 03:30 PM

Man, I'm having a heck of a time finding these and the Storm Charger. Anyone have any suggestions?

IndyCat 02-09-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 34398)
Man, I'm having a heck of a time finding these and the Storm Charger. Anyone have any suggestions?

hit up every walmart in your area. I had to check 4 walmarts multple times per weekand had my parents checking for me in Florida before I found them. They found Claudis. I still have yet to see him on a peg.

Mongor 02-09-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 34398)

Seller Genghoul on Ebay. Super nice guy. He has everything and only charges a buck or two more than retail. Do business with him and he'll go out of his way for you with future purchases. The only thing he hasn't gotten is the Tiger Flyer. Check him out.

Tracer 02-09-2012 09:54 PM

Thanks guys, Ill keep checking those.

THUNDER JEDI 02-10-2012 01:00 PM

What's up with the poor distorbution of the new stuff? I've wasted 100's of dollars in gas searching for them almost everyday. Can't find anything new! WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Ravenxl7 02-10-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI (Post 34527)
What's up with the poor distorbution of the new stuff? I've wasted 100's of dollars in gas searching for them almost everyday. Can't find anything new! WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

The new wave hasn't hit saturation yet. Not all places are going to put them out at the same time. Chances are most stores are waiting to do their resets before putting out the new stuff. They'll probably be warming pegs/shelves in about a month or so.

MegatronWolf 02-10-2012 05:12 PM

so far ive only seem these at 1 walmart, they had all the new stuff except for claudus and the vehicles. Picked up mumm-ra, cyborg panthro (since i still cant find the wave 1 version) and a 6" cheetara. Why do i have the feeling claudus is the scalpers new best friend?

Tracer 03-12-2012 07:05 PM

Slithe is up on ebay now. Don't get excited. Someone is on crack.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Lody 03-12-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 39249)

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

WTF does he think he has?

Mongor 03-12-2012 07:35 PM

Do you know how many prostitutes and how much coke that would buy Charlie Sheen? Just saying.

Ravenxl7 03-12-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 39249)

That's absolutely hilarious. Just because someone finds something that, at that moment in time is hard to find, they think that they can raise the price as much as they can. Though the sad thing is, this kind of BS actually works on certain people...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 39252)
Do you know how many prostitutes and how much coke that would buy Charlie Sheen? Just saying.

Eh...knowing his tastes, probably not too much, but it'd be enough for him to have one good night, lol.

Mongor 03-12-2012 10:13 PM

Oops, I wrote Charlie Sheen when I actually meant to write me.

In all seriousness though, that price is absolutely hilarious. I just can't believe that anyone would be that stupid to pay that, and I have zero faith in humanity.

Ravenxl7 03-12-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 39267)
In all seriousness though, that price is absolutely hilarious. I just can't believe that anyone would be that stupid to pay that, and I have zero faith in humanity.

It is absolutely hilarious. I don't think anybody will be stupid enough to pay this much, but scalpers like this listing things for WAY more than what the item is worth does at times work. If this was listed for something between fifty and seventy-five bucks, I could see someone buying it. Which is still ridiculous, but not quite as much as twenty-five-hundred.

Mongor 03-13-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 39269)
It is absolutely hilarious. I don't think anybody will be stupid enough to pay this much, but scalpers like this listing things for WAY more than what the item is worth does at times work. If this was listed for something between fifty and seventy-five bucks, I could see someone buying it. Which is still ridiculous, but not quite as much as twenty-five-hundred.

That's like a year of car payments for a figure that has been opened and has no value other than below retail (since it's used). Wow. Just wow.

I wonder if he'll get a Star Wars Yeti figure and try to pass it off as an Addicus prototype for $2500 as well. That should sell without a card too for that, right? lol

IndyCat 03-13-2012 11:45 AM

what I dont understand is this:

Why its loose? he obviously knows that its a rare figure since its not out yet. But why would re remove it from the package? I think it came that way. maybe he stole it from the factory?

oh and this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130662791595

He originally listed starting for $39.99. I emailed him about it asking about its authenticity. then he removes that listing and bumps the price. He also sells womens lingerie. wtf?

MegaGearX 03-13-2012 01:06 PM

That's crazy. In a month or four, Ssslythe will be pegwarming shelves.