Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Looks like MJ is out of TCATS (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=21633)

cmangund 06-16-2012 01:31 AM

Looks like MJ is out of TCATS

A press release from WB about MJ doing Teen Titans Go Comedic Cartoon.
--------------------------------------------------

New Promotional Image For Upcoming “Teen Titans Go!” Animated Series

Teen Titans Go! features the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the super hero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. They may be super heroes who save the world every day … but somebody still has to do the laundry! With the ability to turn into any animal or detach their robotic limbs, teenage pranks reach a whole new level. And even super heroes have to take Driver’s Ed. to get a license – especially after wrecking the Batmobile on an unauthorized joy ride to impress a girl!

Featuring the principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – Teen Titans Go! recaptures everything audiences loved about the original show, while adding laughter at the lighter side of being a super hero. Executive produced by Sam Register (Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, Teen Titans), with Michael Jelenic (ThunderCats, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD, El Tigre) as producers, this side-splitting series will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 as part of the DC Nation programming block.

and probably not doing TCATS anymore.

SirSapphire 06-16-2012 06:57 AM

OR he's just working on multiple shows at the same time.

cmangund 06-16-2012 07:20 AM

Or the show's already canceled, that WB just waiting for an official press release saying it.

Or MJ is already being replaced by someone else, that WB just waiting for an official press release saying it.

Or TCATS is in "Hibernation Mode" with no official resolution from WB.

Or other Or and And ... :D Speculate away ...

AlexofThundera 06-16-2012 07:26 AM

I saw this a while back but didn't post it thinking he probably could be working on multiple projects. I'm not sure "who" exactly he works for but I assume he is under the WB umbrella and they certainly don't want to be mailing him checks at home while he does nothing. They will keep him working while they figure out what the next step of Thundercats is.

Just my .02 cents.;)

Ravenxl7 06-16-2012 08:15 AM

I...don't see how the fact that Jelenic is working on TTG would keep him from continuing to work on Thundercats. Personally, assuming the show is able to continue, I hope that everybody that's been working on season one stays on board for season two.

Then again I don't hate this new show for not being a carbon copy of the original, so...:rolleyes:

Balgus82 06-16-2012 08:16 AM

Yeah like Alex said, since the recording for Season1 of ThunderCats was done before the premiere aired, that also means the writing was done before the premiere aired. I'm pretty sure WB would want to keep their employees busy.

vantheman77 06-16-2012 09:50 AM

I hope he is out of Thundercats when a second season occurs.

stac 06-16-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 55564)
I...don't see how the fact that Jelenic is working on TTG would keep him from continuing to work on Thundercats. Personally, assuming the show is able to continue, I hope that everybody that's been working on season one stays on board for season two.

Then again I don't hate this new show for not being a carbon copy of the original, so...:rolleyes:

Nice straw man you have there.

No one said that they wanted a carbon copy of the original show.
We can also just dislike this new show because it's a load of bollocks all on its own.

stormbringer 06-16-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 55531)

Teen Titans Go! features the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the super hero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. They may be super heroes who save the world every day … but somebody still has to do the laundry! With the ability to turn into any animal or detach their robotic limbs, teenage pranks reach a whole new level. And even super heroes have to take Driver’s Ed. to get a license – especially after wrecking the Batmobile on an unauthorized joy ride to impress a girl!

Featuring the principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – Teen Titans Go! recaptures everything audiences loved about the original show, while adding laughter at the lighter side of being a super hero. Executive produced by Sam Register (Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, Teen Titans), with Michael Jelenic (ThunderCats, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD, El Tigre) as producers, this side-splitting series will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2013 as part of the DC Nation programming block.

This sounds AWFUL! Like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon that viewers hated.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 55531)

I agree.

There is no way he can do both projects. One of the projects will suffer.

WB will want more from their DC stuff then the TCats.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 55609)
This sounds AWFUL! Like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon that viewers hated.

Comedy is where is good at and he should stay there.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 55607)

We can also just dislike this new show because it's a load of bollocks all on its own.

Agree.

It is the stories, character development or should I say lack, stuff that you have to guess on, and the romance.

I am not just talking about T/C.

Lion-o get the crap beat out of him and he falls for this female who is like his brother.

cmangund 06-16-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55643)
Agree.

Lion-o get the crap beat out of him and he falls for this female who is like his brother.

MJ made sure that Lion-O became a Tygra "fanboy".

L08e16o 06-16-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 55686)
MJ made sure that Lion-O became a Tygra "fanboy".

MJ made sure everything tygra said came true. He was SHOT DOWN AGAIN. How can anyone not think MJ loves tygra.

cmangund 06-16-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55688)
MJ made sure everything tygra said came true. He was SHOT DOWN AGAIN. How can anyone not think MJ loves tygra.

The truth about MJ are all practically in the open now.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 55694)
The truth about MJ are all practically in the open now.

Agree. There are no consequences for tygra's actions and cheetara is fine with it.

You can blame lion-o for losing the SoP.

cmangund 06-16-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55695)
Agree. There are no consequences for tygra actions and cheetara is fine with it.

You can blame lion-o for losing the SoP.

Total injustice for Lion-O. One MJ's comment that was not a lie that was that they like pissing off the fans. It came true.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 55697)
Total injustice for Lion-O. One MJ's comment that was not a lie that was that they like pissing off the fans. It came true.

He liked pissing off lion-o and L/C fans. You're right about that.

vantheman77 06-16-2012 05:25 PM

They also enjoy turning away viewers.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vantheman77 (Post 55702)
They also enjoy turning away viewers.

True, I think they only cared that they got to make it THE WAY THEY WANTED IT.

BB Shockwave 06-17-2012 07:09 AM

I just "love" this LXY23687 guy.

He is soooo obsessed with MJ, it's scary.

See guy, I hate what Michael Bay has done with Transformers. But I do not hound the net for any info about him, nor post derogative posts about him in all forum discussions concerning his movies.

Grow up already, and give it a rest. We get it, you hate the guy. NEXT?

L08e16o 06-17-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 55846)
I just "love" this LXY23687 guy.

He is soooo obsessed with MJ, it's scary.

See guy, I hate what Michael Bay has done with Transformers. But I do not hound the net for any info about him, nor post derogative posts about him in all forum discussions concerning his movies.

Grow up already, and give it a rest. We get it, you hate the guy. NEXT?

hoohumm.

Cat's Pajamas 06-17-2012 08:43 AM

Do you have to clog every thread with congratulating each other on how much you agree that the writers have destroyed Thundercats forever? Just start an "I hate the New Series" thread already, then you can consolidate all of your agreement into one boring place.

L08e16o 06-17-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 55857)
Do you have to clog every thread with congratulating each other on how much you agree that the writers have destroyed Thundercats forever? Just start an "I hate the New Series" thread already, then you can consolidate all of your agreement into one boring place.

Just as you say we sound like a broken record, you do the same.

Anyone who doesn't like the NS, you are there to defend it.

Boring.

Cat's Pajamas 06-17-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55858)
Just as you say we sound like a broken record, you do the same.

Anyone who doesn't like the NS, you are there to defend it.

Boring.

Well, I hate to break it to you're but it doesn't "piss me off." It's just tedious and unproductive. Some of us look through these threads for news, and the bulk of it is just a vocal minority saying the same old things about how terrible the writers are. We get it, you hate it. Stop watching the show already.

Cat's Pajamas 06-17-2012 10:47 AM

You're entitled to hate the show, please feel free to critique it (I probably agree with some of your criticisms) but if your going to complain about it, find some new material. Right now everyone on the boards understands that you think:

1. Lion-o is too weak
2. Tygra is too strong
3. Cheetara's character has been ruined
4. MJ is making this show, strictly to offend you
5. It destroys everything that came before
6. MJ is evil
7. The SoO is a main character who has been royally screwed over
8. MJ is an idiot

If you can find more nuanced problems than those, you'll help further the conversation. If you insist on harping on those points, you're just whining about a show you probably shouldn't be watching.

L08e16o 06-17-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 55859)
Well, I hate to break it to you're but it doesn't "piss me off." It's just tedious and unproductive. Some of us look through these threads for news, and the bulk of it is just a vocal minority saying the same old things about how terrible the writers are. We get it, you hate it. Stop watching the show already.

The show is not on anymore is it?

Yes it does piss you off, your complaining.

By the way, someone started this thread like you ask for and low behold you are here complaining.

L08e16o 06-17-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 55871)
You're entitled to hate the show, please feel free to critique it (I probably agree with some of your criticisms) but if your going to complain about it, find some new material. Right now everyone on the boards understands that you think:

1. Lion-o is too weak
2. Tygra is too strong
3. Cheetara's character has been ruined
4. MJ is making this show, strictly to offend you
5. It destroys everything that came before
6. MJ is evil
7. The SoO is a main character who has been royally screwed over
8. MJ is an idiot

If you can find more nuanced problems than those, you'll help further the conversation. If you insist on harping on those points, you're just whining about a show you probably shouldn't be watching.

All I have seen from you is complaining about people complaing. I think that is worse. It is like your stalking people who don't like the series.

Cat's Pajamas 06-17-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55872)
The show is not on anymore is it?

Yes it does piss you off, your complaining.

By the way, someone started this thread like you ask for and low behold you are here complaining.

Stalking implies that I search you out, but basically I just have to go to any thread and it's usually been converted into a rant against the writers. -Jalenic is doing a new show, btw he's an idiot. -

You're hearing mostly from me 'cause I'm one of the only people dumb enough to have these discussions with you. It's like reasoning with a table.

I've talked about many things I like and dislike about the reboot. You simply hate it all, it's unhealthy for you to be so fixated on this series, and a detriment to honest discussion.

L08e16o 06-17-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 55875)
Stalking implies that I search you out, but basically I just have to go to any thread and it's usually been converted into a rant against the writers. -Jalenic is doing a new show, btw he's an idiot. -

You're hearing mostly from me 'cause I'm one of the only people dumb enough to have these discussions with you. It's like reasoning with a table.

I've talked about many things I like and dislike about the reboot. You simply hate it all, it's unhealthy for you to be so fixated on this series, and a detriment to honest discussion.

About ten post of yours has talked about the show. The rest of it is whining about others who like the OS more.

That is fine. Everyone has their opinion don't they.

I think I said I like everything except the writing. There are a are episodes I like. But you werent' around then.

No, what is unhealty is looking through rose color glasses and being in denial. If WB was so impressed with this show, there would already be a second season.

The author of this thread is not a MJ fan too. So we did what you asked and here you are to defend your man.

vantheman77 06-17-2012 12:44 PM

From the past interviews I've read, it seems that MJ and the other writers and producers planned out for the first 26 episodes and didn't plan anything beyond that. I hope someone else takes over and goes from there to plan the next 26 episodes if the show gets a second season.

Ravenxl7 06-19-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 55607)

I don't see how my comment was at all "straw man". I wasn't targeting an individual, or even a general group of haters. I'm not exaggerating or distorting things when I say that I've seen some of the people that hate this new show say that it should have been just like the original. Some of these comments I've seen on here, but most that I've witnessed have been on other sites that I frequent.

stac 06-19-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 56104)
I don't see how my comment was at all "straw man".

You brought up the Original Show when the OP never mentioned it and when none of the other posters have said they wanted another “carbon copy,” hence why I called your comment a straw man.

Quote:

I wasn't targeting an individual, or even a general group of haters.
You implied that those that “hate” the new show do so simply because they wanted a “carbon copy” of the Original. That comment was definitely aimed at those who criticise the new show for various reasons.

Quote:

I'm not exaggerating or distorting things when I say that I've seen some of the people that hate this new show say that it should have been just like the original. Some of these comments I've seen on here,
Except perhaps for that one person (kevster) on another thread, I haven’t really seen anyone express the opinion that they desired the New Series to be a “carbon copy” of the Original. On the other hand, I have seen some say that they preferred certain aspects of the Original and wish that the New Series emulated the Original in certain ways. That is a far cry from wanting a "carbon copy" of the Original. Not to mention, there are also those (such as myself) who criticise the New Series without referencing the Original at all.

Quote:

but most that I've witnessed have been on other sites that I frequent.
Perhaps you should have mentioned this in your previous post. Besides, what do other people on other forums have to do with the topic of this thread or the people posting here?