Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:05 PM

Batman woo hoo!!!

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 26576)
it can go like this. tygra's pissed because he's lost to lion-o. he goes and tries to kill lion-o again. cheetara tries to protect lion-o but fails in the process. lion-os scared when all of a sudden dark knight theme starts playing and batman shows up. along with chuck fucking NORRIS and po the dragon warrior!!! they beat the shit out of tygra,mumm-ra,grune,slythe,the entire lizard army,solomon grundy,killer croc,clayface,and finish them off with the triple chao wao sonic punch kick. everybodys impressed and lion-o asks how they got so powerful. the three turn to the camera and say 'we always drink milk'. others reload we refuel. :):D Lo8e160 read this.;)

:D:D:D:D

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 26579)
:D:D:D:D

That story really cracking me up, I am thinking Chuck Norris' version of the Tcats cartoon:D

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:10 PM

its what I Do :cool:

Balgus82 12-31-2011 09:11 PM

anyone ever seen that old cartoon Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos? lol

Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos Intro - YouTube

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26580)
That story really cracking me up, I am thinking Chuck Norris' version of the Tcats cartoon:D

Whoever lives in third earth is because Chuck Norris allows them to live.:)

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:12 PM

Batman (arkham city version)Me, Chuck Fucking Norris cmangund, and Po me... again. You're chuck norris so I get to be two. :D

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 26582)
anyone ever seen that old cartoon Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos? lol

Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos Intro - YouTube

Cartoons come along way.

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:15 PM

storm bringer mysterion :cool:

stormbringer 12-31-2011 09:15 PM

Did Chuck Norris train Panthro? Inquiring minds wanna know!

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:17 PM

he gave panthro his nunChucks:)

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 26584)
Batman (arkham city version)Me, Chuck Fucking Norris cmangund, and Po me... again. You're chuck norris so I get to be two. :D

And we are going to beat Tygra up!:D

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:18 PM

Im young, Im rich, and Im in MIAMI Bitch !! Just kidding

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 26588)
Did Chuck Norris train Panthro? Inquiring minds wanna know!

During all those years Panthro went MIA the acutal truth was he was training under the MArtial Arts Expert of The third Realm Chuck F""King Norris.:D

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26590)
And we are going to beat Tygra up!:D

dont forget Mysterion(stormbringer):)

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:23 PM

you're welcome:cool:

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 26593)
dont forget Mysterion(stormbringer):)

By we I meant you, me, L08e16o and stormbringer, the four musketeers.:D

stormbringer 12-31-2011 09:28 PM

Battling the forces of evil, and jerk older brothers!

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:29 PM

happy new year !!! ;)

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 26598)
Battling the forces of evil, and jerk older brothers!

For the good of all Thundera!:D

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:32 PM

Some one has to save the King (lion-o) and Queen (cheetara). :)

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 26601)
Some one has to save the King (lion-o) and Queen (cheetara). :)

We are on a very secret mission.:D VERY IMPORTANT MISSION:D

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:34 PM

whos throwing or is at a party?!

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26602)
We are on a very secret mission.:D VERY IMPORTANT MISSION:D

Secret mission to sneak into WB and write E27-52.:D

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 26604)

you know if I managed to hack into WB's server I'll put that Lion-O/Chetara Wedding image while redoing the Ep27-52 script:D

stormbringer 12-31-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 26604)

It MUST BE DONE for the good of all third earth!

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 26603)
This is to tygra. darth vader:someone who loathes you bitch, now stand up and rhyme, I only thawed you out so I can beat yur ass a second time, roar like chewbacca the voice of Mufasa,Im on the leader of your limped dick luftwaffe, I strike back hard against a nazi,brain toss your ass in the air YAHTZEE!You're an adopted little mother#*&^$@ , but that aint the case you stupid brother trucker!!Ask Indiana jones who the f**k I am, I spit sick shit so focused I break your concentration camp. Im gonna enjoy cry, so let me do it with my own eyes...... BATMAN BITCH!!!

WOW talk about the HATE you have for Tygra:D

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:46 PM

The Justice league of super badass aquaintacents

DarkKnight 12-31-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26609)
WOW talk about the HATE you have for Tygra:D

no I dont hate tygra I just like to seem funny, by the way that was a rap for hitler with different partial lyrics.sorry:(

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 26611)
no I dont hate tygra I just like to seem funny, by the way that was a rap for hitler with different partial lyrics.sorry:(

Nah its fine. I am just saying:D

L08e16o 12-31-2011 09:57 PM

I don't think any of us hate him, we just hate how E13 ended. To vague and no developing.

cmangund 12-31-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 26616)
I don't think any of us hate him, we just hate how E13 ended. To vague and no developing.

Indeed the very core of the problem. Like most of the survey results.

AdamofEternia 12-31-2011 09:59 PM

on the next season of the thundercats, if they introduce a female cat like the panther on the episode "legacy" for a love interest for liono, will that settle all the enraged fans that wanted lion/cheetara.

cmangund 12-31-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26618)
on the next season of the thundercats, if they introduce a female cat like the panther on the episode "legacy" for a love interest for liono, will that settle all the enraged fans that wanted lion/cheetara.

Nope that will make me boil again. As it cheapens the show to the point it's not salvageable plus OOC for Lion-O. And the crew means have lied big time to most of us fans, not a good idea. I will pay Jelenic a personal visit, as I said before.

L08e16o 12-31-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26619)
Nope that will make me boil again. As it cheapens the show to the point it's not salvageable plus OOC for Lion-O. And the crew means have lied big time to most of us fans, not a good idea.

Agreed.

The Panther female cat is a foreshadowing of cheetara.

AdamofEternia 12-31-2011 10:09 PM

what if it's not a foreshadowing of cheetara? there are a total of 52 episodes as of now for this series. there are so much story they still have to tell and we shouldn't give up too soon. im sure there is gonna be a better looking female cat than cheetara that would be more truthful to liono.

cmangund 12-31-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26622)
what if it's not a foreshadowing of cheetara? there are a total of 52 episodes as of now for this series. there are so much story they still have to tell and we shouldn't give up too soon. im sure there is gonna be a better looking female cat than cheetara that would be more truthful to liono.

By not putting Cheetara with Lion-O that will downgrade her character considerably as Tygra is fine by himself but Cheetara as a character was written from the beginning to support and connected with Lion-O, duty, SoO,etc. Cheetara is A-List female Character, Lon-O A-list Male Character while Tygra B-List Male character. The writers will kill stories they can make with Lion-O/Cheetara, if they did not do this and will make Cheetara just another supporting character in the background and they will loose a lot of Hardcore Lion-O fans. I don't think they are stupid enough to do that, at the very least they will keep this triangle light with Cheetara never really choosing either brothers, either ship go, as with other similar WB cartoon with same exec. producer.

Balgus82 12-31-2011 10:23 PM

how exactly is cheetara an A list character and Tygra a B list character? she hasn't had any more screen time than he has. If anything she's had less screen time than Tygra.

stormbringer 12-31-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26623)
By not putting Cheetara with Lion-O that will downgrade her character considerably as Tygra is fine by himself but Cheetara as a character was written from the beginning to support and connected with Lion-O, duty, SoO,etc. Cheetara is A-List female Character, Lon-O A-list Male Character while Tygra B-List Male character. The writers will kill stories they can make with Lion-O/Cheetara, if they did not do this and will make Cheetara just another supporting character in the background.

Yep, there are far more stories available about Lion-o and Cheetara, the future king and queen if Thundera in their quest to rebuild their kingdom, and rid third earth of the evil Mumm-ra,than there could ever be with T/C.

Balgus82 12-31-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 26625)
Yep, there are far more stories available about Lion-o and Cheetara, the future king and queen if Thundera in their quest to rebuild their kingdom, and rid third earth of the evil Mumm-ra,than there could ever be with T/C.

Just because you can't think of the story possibilities doesn't mean they're not there. I for one think Cheetara will help calm Tygra down a bit. If you notice when she chides him or gives him advise like she did in Journey to the Tower of Omens, he sits back and thinks about what she said.

I also think loosing her would be good for Lion-O's development. He's starting to become cocky and needs to know he won't necessarily get everything he wants just because he's the king.

stormbringer 12-31-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 26626)
Just because you can't think of the story possibilities doesn't mean they're not there. I for one think Cheetara will help calm Tygra down a bit. If you notice when she chides him or gives him advise like she did in Journey to the Tower of Omens, he sits back and thinks about what she said.

I also think loosing her would be good for Lion-O's development. He's starting to become cocky and needs to know he won't necessarily get everything he wants just because he's the king.

If T/C gets together Cheetara is going to the background, probably to only be seen rarely. And I honestly don't think Lion-o expects to get everything because he's king, actually I find him to be far less cocky than Tygra, who's kind of a bully. Lion-o was only cocky towards Tygra once, when he was sure Cheetara would choose him. Tygra has been cocky toward Lion-o his entire life.

AdamofEternia 12-31-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26623)
By not putting Cheetara with Lion-O that will downgrade her character considerably as Tygra is fine by himself but Cheetara as a character was written from the beginning to support and connected with Lion-O, duty, SoO,etc. Cheetara is A-List female Character, Lon-O A-list Male Character while Tygra B-List Male character. The writers will kill stories they can make with Lion-O/Cheetara, if they did not do this and will make Cheetara just another supporting character in the background and they will loose a lot of Hardcore Lion-O fans. I don't think they are stupid enough to do that, at the very least they will keep this triangle light with Cheetara never really choosing either brothers, either ship go, as with other similar WB cartoon with same exec. producer.

maybe the reason the writers didn't want liono with cheetara is probably because it might kind of limit the potential of liono's character as he grows into his destined role. IDK im just guessing, but there are reasons they went with tygra/cheetara. the whole choosing still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. but on a serious note, having cheetara choose so early in the series ruined the dynamic of the three of them. given the way her character was portrayed, i would think she would know better than to add fuel to the fire between the brothers. she shouldn't have chosen anyone IMHO due to her role as a cleric, which was very important to the king and his quest to restore their fallen kingdom. the way i see it now, she can't do her job effectively just for the fact that liono is now heartbroken. i would say the writers have written themselves into a big hole. i still think the romance subplot was highly unecessary.

cmangund 12-31-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26628)
the whole choosing still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. but on a serious note, having cheetara choose so early in the series ruined the dynamic of the three of them. given the way her character was portrayed, i would think she would know better than to add fuel to the fire between the brothers. she shouldn't have chosen anyone IMHO due to her role as a cleric, which was very important to the king and his quest to restore their fallen kingdom. the way i see it now, she can't do her job effectively just for the fact that liono is now heartbroken. i would say the writers have written themselves into a big hole. i still think the romance subplot was highly unecessary.

If you think about it, it's highly unlikely they will only make the "reason" of her following him around that simple, Jelenic said a defenitive answer to it. So the answer must be something like the Cheetara SoO Conetion theories, They have been using the words choosing for a couple of episodes for both SoO and Cheetara and the brothers, that's one of the key I think. this choosing this is not as simple as it seems, there's a plot behind it that ties in with the triangle, otherwise the writers will not make annet tie the triangle and the plot with his propehices. And that's part of the reason the crew never really said anything about cheetara's feelings, because there's more than just feelings involved with both brothers, namely SoO Connections and Duty.

AdamofEternia 01-01-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 26636)
If you think about it, it's highly unlikely they will only make the "reason" of her following him around that simple, Jelenic said a defenitive answer to it. So the answer must be something like the Cheetara SoO Conetion theories, They have been using the words choosing for a couple of episodes for both SoO and Cheetara and the brothers, that's one of the key I think. this choosing this is not as simple as it seems, there's a plot behind it that ties in with the triangle, otherwise the writers will not make annet tie the triangle and the plot with his propehices. And that's part of the reason the crew never really said anything about cheetara's feelings, because there's more than just feelings involved with both brothers, namely SoO Connections and Duty.

it does make a lot of sense and i hope we get an answer as to why she's been following him around. the whole cheetara having a connection to the SoO theory makes too much of a sense to not happen in the actual show.

Balgus82 01-01-2012 12:22 AM

i've never thought she was connected to the sword. why would she be? why is she different than any other cleric? she wasn't born a cleric, she was an orphan.

I've always been under the impression that she was following him around because she was assigned to personally guard him. the clerics were called the "guardians of the crown" and have been compared to the secret service by the crew.

stormbringer 01-01-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26638)
it does make a lot of sense and i hope we get an answer as to why she's been following him around. the whole cheetara having a connection to the SoO theory makes too much of a sense to not happen in the actual show.

I think its possible that all clerics have a natural affinity towards the eye, which is why they are chosen. All the clerics had super speed like Cheetara, but she had the speed even before she became a cleric.I think the speed is an example of natural magical ability.

AdamofEternia 01-01-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 26640)
i've never thought she was connected to the sword. why would she be? why is she different than any other cleric? she wasn't born a cleric, she was an orphan.

I've always been under the impression that she was following him around because she was assigned to personally guard him. the clerics were called the "guardians of the crown" and have been compared to the secret service by the crew.

but why did it have to be her guarding him, it could have been another cleric. i've been reading a lot of the discussions in this thread and though im not into any kind of pairing or romance, it really makes her character look a certain way for acting the way she did with liono while harboring feelings for his brother. if i remember clearly, she was the one that started being all touchy feely with liono. i know this is a kids show and we shouldn't take everything at face value, but cheetara never interacted in a way that would have seem romantic towards the man she supposedly has feelings for.

Balgus82 01-01-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26642)
but why did it have to be her guarding him, it could have been another cleric. i've been reading a lot of the discussions in this thread and though im not into any kind of pairing or romance, it really makes her character look a certain way for acting the way she did with liono while harboring feelings for his brother. if i remember clearly, she was the one that started being all touchy feely with liono. i know this is a kids show and we shouldn't take everything at face value, but cheetara never interacted in a way that would have seem romantic towards the man she supposedly has feelings for.

well he's the crown prince. the heir. maybe she was assigned because she was (other than Jaga) the best cleric.

as for her being more open with Lion-O than Tygra, that's an excellent point. But my idea was that she was a little shy with Tygra. Sometimes (speaking from real life experience) it's a lot easier to talk to and interact with people you're not interested in than it is with people you are.

AdamofEternia 01-01-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 26643)
well he's the crown prince. the heir. maybe she was assigned because she was (other than Jaga) the best cleric.

as for her being more open with Lion-O than Tygra, that's an excellent point. But my idea was that she was a little shy with Tygra. Sometimes (speaking from real life experience) it's a lot easier to talk to and interact with people you're not interested in than it is with people you are.

no offense but aint no way in hell she was shy because if she was then she wouldn't have done half the things she did with liono. i clearly remember her kissing him on the cheek, pressing herself on his back, holding his hands, whispering in his ears etc. i could go on but the point im trying to make is shy girls don't do these things, especially to people they don't know. okay lets say she is shy towards tygra, then her doing those things to liono was intentional because since she is shy, if she would have acted the same way to tygra, it would mean to tygra that she is interested. i hope im making some kind of sense because at times i can't seem to clearly write down what im thinking.

stormbringer 01-01-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 26644)
no offense but aint no way in hell she was shy because if she was then she wouldn't have done half the things she did with liono. i clearly remember her kissing him on the cheek, pressing herself on his back, holding his hands, whispering in his ears etc. i could go on but the point im trying to make is shy girls don't do these things, especially to people they don't know. okay lets say she is shy towards tygra, then her doing those things to liono was intentional because since she is shy, if she would have acted the same way to tygra, it would mean to tygra that she is interested. i hope im making some kind of sense because at times i can't seem to clearly write down what im thinking.

You made perfect sense Adam, I agree with yout Cheetara doesn't come across as particularly naive, so I doubt she didn't realize what she was doing with Lion-o. Heck, even Tygra and the kittens thought something was going on between L/C.