Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   6" Tygra (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=13059)

Kregermeister 04-18-2012 08:29 PM

Considering ordering a case, but I have a sick feeling he's gunna be showing up by the boat load at dollar stores by xmas. Hmmm....

IndyCat 04-18-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 46110)
Considering ordering a case, but I have a sick feeling he's gunna be showing up by the boat load at dollar stores by xmas. Hmmm....

Was just about to post that. I have a feeling he's about to drop pretty soon.

Kregermeister 04-18-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCat (Post 46113)
Was just about to post that. I have a feeling he's about to drop pretty soon.

Great minds my friend.... great minds.

I still feel sick over paying full price for the thundertank and a month later it was 7 bucks. It was a pile of crap to boot.

Wave 2 was deffinatly made and its just waiting to storm the flood gates.

IndyCat 04-18-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 46115)
Great minds my friend.... great minds.

I still feel sick over paying full price for the thundertank and a month later it was 7 bucks. It was a pile of crap to boot.

Wave 2 was deffinatly made and its just waiting to storm the flood gates.

Same here. I had a coupon to TRU and got the thundertank. But not nearly as good of a discount as amazon. Still kicking myslelf for that one and the tower of omens. Surely they will get clearances again. They are everywhere!

Kregermeister 04-18-2012 08:57 PM

please dont tell me u paid over 20 for your tower :(

IndyCat 04-18-2012 09:07 PM

No I havnt bought it yet. Waiting for another clearance. Lol

Kregermeister 04-18-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCat (Post 46120)
No I havnt bought it yet. Waiting for another clearance. Lol

Damn good idea! Amazon had them for 12. Definately worth 12 for Tygra..... but uhhh thats about it. I painted the details on mine... really annoying.

THUNDER JEDI 04-18-2012 10:15 PM

I agree with you guys on the Tower and Tank, but in my area there is a action figure depression. I'll be lucky to see Tygra in stores at all. So much gas has been wasted looking for new stuff, that paying an extra $1 per figure in a case assortment from BBTS is a good deal and the shipping cost is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I've already wasted in gas and would continue to waste looking for this figure every week.

IndyCat 04-19-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI (Post 46124)
I agree with you guys on the Tower and Tank, but in my area there is a action figure depression. I'll be lucky to see Tygra in stores at all. So much gas has been wasted looking for new stuff, that paying an extra $1 per figure in a case assortment from BBTS is a good deal and the shipping cost is a hell of a lot cheaper that what I've already wasted in gas and would continue to waste looking for this figure every week.

Maybe a $1 extra, and might be nice to have 2 tygras. but I already have 1 Lion-O and 2 Cheetara's. Plus tack on $15 for shipping. Now I'm in the hole $50. NOT a good deal if you already own them. Plus I have TONS of other crap I need to sell to pay for other things...ha!

THUNDER JEDI 04-19-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCat (Post 46181)
Maybe a $1 extra, and might be nice to have 2 tygras. but I already have 1 Lion-O and 2 Cheetara's. Plus tack on $15 for shipping. Now I'm in the hole $50. NOT a good deal if you already own them. Plus I have TONS of other crap I need to sell to pay for other things...ha!

I see what you mean, no need for more multiple figures. Shipping was only $9 to my area, that's only a little more than 2 gallons of gas. I think the case available right now on BBTS is a pre-order, which in that situation you might as well wait for them to hit retail. The case I ordered was in stock and will be here tomorrow. Super fast shipping!

Tracer 04-20-2012 02:33 PM

Not mine but...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/7...43be733e_b.jpg

Covenant 04-20-2012 02:37 PM

Hilarious! That's from:

Infinite Hollywood: Bandai Modern Thundercats 6” Tygra Review

frodo 04-20-2012 10:34 PM

haha that sticking it to him hahaha

Mongor 04-21-2012 03:20 PM

This was posted on another forum I visit regarding the 6" Tygra:

Yeah i finally had the money to buy a box from BBTS and now their sold out. I e-mailed bandai, and to my surprise they responded with: "The 6 inch Tygra was held back for spring, he should be out to all stores who restocked with the new case revisions" well my walmarts(the only store by me who sells TC stuff) head of the toy department told me they ordered cases but have yet to receive any new shipment from Hq. So im hoping... soon.

Kregermeister 04-21-2012 03:49 PM

That almost sounds encouraging. I really hate the wait, but fingers crossed.... Im glad in anyway I didnt spend 60+ bucks for a case I only need one of.

Mintcondition 04-24-2012 06:16 PM

That does sound encouraging. I'm sure he'll be popping up in stores soon.

I just want an announcement of anything new from Bandai. New modern figures, new classics...something.

Covenant 05-03-2012 02:50 PM

I hope no one here is bidding this up. I can't believe it's at $88!!

Bandai Thundercats Tygra 6'' inch Figure from Bandai Mint in Box! | eBay

Mongor 05-03-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant (Post 48744)
I hope no one here is bidding this up. I can't believe it's at $88!!

Bandai Thundercats Tygra 6'' inch Figure from Bandai Mint in Box! | eBay

I'm more surprised to see the opened one up to $73.00.

* Tygra sold for $103.50
Wow. Someone's gonna feel stupid soon when he's on clearance..

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 05-04-2012 05:39 PM

I refuse to buy the whole case for one figure.

I'll just wait til he shows up at retail, if he shows up considering the enire line may be cancelled.

Tracer 05-08-2012 11:13 PM

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but its kind of ironic that some of the same people saying that the line is doing well and will continue are the same ones saying that they are holding out for 6" Tygra to hit Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx. What kind of message is that sending Cartoon Network or Bandai.

englishw 05-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 49599)
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but its kind of ironic that some of the same people saying that the line is doing well and will continue are the same ones saying that they are holding out for 6" Tygra to hit Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx. What kind of message is that sending Cartoon Network or Bandai.

I am not one of those people, so I don't know, but the impression that I got was that they think the $100+ prices we're seeing on eBay right now are crazy considering it may only be a short time before we see them at retailers and then if history is any indication, only a short time after that will we see them on discount and clearance.

Personally, I am very much in hopes that he still goes full retail and there is enough renewed interest and better marketing that the figure (and the rest of the line) sells well. Bandai has done a terrible job with their retail cases and they have done a worse job of marketing. I don't blame stores at all for not believing in the toy line when they have 20 Mum-Ra's sitting on pegs and overpriced collector toys sitting among toys aimed at kids.

As much as I love the new show and the new toys, it kills me to see their chances butchered like that. I've bought everything I've seen and my kids have got a ton too. I hope the 6" Tygra hits retail and I hope it sells well enough that we never see it on clearance. If history is any indication though, we will likely either never see him in stores or we will see such an overflow and poor sales that he'll be $9.88 on the clearance isle at Wal-Mart next to the 8" Lion-O and Tygra.

Tracer 05-09-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 49676)
I am not one of those people, so I don't know, but the impression that I got was that they think the $100+ prices we're seeing on eBay right now are crazy considering it may only be a short time before we see them at retailers and then if history is any indication, only a short time after that will we see them on discount and clearance.

Personally, I am very much in hopes that he still goes full retail and there is enough renewed interest and better marketing that the figure (and the rest of the line) sells well. Bandai has done a terrible job with their retail cases and they have done a worse job of marketing. I don't blame stores at all for not believing in the toy line when they have 20 Mum-Ra's sitting on pegs and overpriced collector toys sitting among toys aimed at kids.

No, I agree with not paying $80 to $100. Its been going on for awhile. Not just here either. Talking mostly about the online retailers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 49676)
As much as I love the new show and the new toys, it kills me to see their chances butchered like that. I've bought everything I've seen and my kids have got a ton too. I hope the 6" Tygra hits retail and I hope it sells well enough that we never see it on clearance. If history is any indication though, we will likely either never see him in stores or we will see such an overflow and poor sales that he'll be $9.88 on the clearance isle at Wal-Mart next to the 8" Lion-O and Tygra.

Agreed, I've only passed on a couple of things and almost all of what I have bought has been full price at retail when it was first released. I feel like I've done my part.

IndyCat 05-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 49712)
Agreed, I've only passed on a couple of things and almost all of what I have bought has been full price at retail when it was first released. I feel like I've done my part.

ditto. I'm a bit embarrased to say how many of the 8" figures I have....

frodo 05-22-2012 07:39 AM

ordered from a friend & a local specialty store

my friend delivered but no news from the store

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...p/P1050963.jpg

dpcphoto 05-22-2012 07:48 AM

Can your buddy hook me up, haha?

frodo 05-22-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpcphoto (Post 51911)
Can your buddy hook me up, haha?

he pretty much got for himself, me,& another buddy of ours

dpcphoto 05-22-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodo (Post 51917)
he pretty much got for himself, me,& another buddy of ours

Where did he get them?

englishw 05-22-2012 10:01 PM

One just sold on eBay for $52. The price is currently dropping =o)

netkid 05-22-2012 11:20 PM

The case with 2 Tygras is up for Pre-Order again on BBTS:

Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures

frodo 05-23-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpcphoto (Post 51984)
Where did he get them?

im not sure never asked him where he ordered it