Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Episode 26 What Lies Above Pt 2 Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=21615)

Tony_Bacala 06-15-2012 04:45 PM

Thundercats Episode 26 What Lies Above Pt 2 Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the season finale of Thundercats!

Promo Images and Description: Thundercats Episode 26 What Lies Above – Part Two Images

stac 06-15-2012 10:07 PM

Some predictions for this episode:

-The ThunderCats may find some way to lower the City to the ground without destroying it. Avista will become a part of Third Earth.

-Vultaire may lose a little of his superiority complex and reluctantly accept that Cats aren’t so inferior after all.

-Mumm-Ra should take the Tech Stone. Otherwise, he might as well just give up already.

-Lion-O manages to get Pumyra to understand his point of view. She will suddenly remember the lesson about “mercy” she should have learnt back in “Curse of Ratilla” but apparently forgot for some reason.

-If this episode is unexpectedly “dark” and the ally who betrays Lion-O is a Cat, one of the more obvious choices is Pumyra. She could then redeem herself at the last moment by sacrificing herself for the others.

-Cheetara may (hopefully) get a moment to actually be a Cleric.

-We get more TyChee moments; probably Tygra throwing around more corny lines.

-Lion-O and Pumyra kiss in some gloriously clichéd fashion – at which point I just switch off the telly.

vantheman77 06-15-2012 10:35 PM

I can see Pumyra sacrificing herself to save the others if she betrays Lion-O and the Thundercats. I've said it before that one or two of the Thundercats could die at the end of the season.

Tracer 06-15-2012 11:21 PM

Looks like a good episode. Tygra haters will love it :)

I can't believe the end is already here.

stac 06-15-2012 11:46 PM

Hate him? No. But it is with mounting incredulity that I continue to watch when Tygra starts manifesting various abilities spontaneously. In the last episode, Tygra is naturally good enough to beat a Bird which has lived in the sky all its life. Now looking at the preview clips, Tygra is naturally an expert at aerial warfare.

Lion-O usually has to learn some lesson, or go through his Trials to learn a new something new. But Tygra? It’s all magically in his genes. They are pushing the limits of suspension of disbelief.

JASONKAT 06-16-2012 12:49 AM

After everything i seen, last's week episode was so good i loved it!. And this1 will top it off even more, Finally we get to see a 1 on 1 match between lion o and mumra :)
I hope this is not the end tho. and hope that TCS return bigger, badder and better than ever.

Tracer 06-16-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 55524)
Hate him? No. But it is with mounting incredulity that I continue to watch when Tygra starts manifesting various abilities spontaneously. In the last episode, Tygra is naturally good enough to beat a Bird which has lived in the sky all its life. Now looking at the preview clips, Tygra is naturally an expert at aerial warfare.

Lion-O usually has to learn some lesson, or go through his Trials to learn a new something new. But Tygra? It’s all magically in his genes. They are pushing the limits of suspension of disbelief.

I don't disagree with this but you can also add to this the fact that they know to repair a Thundertank or refurbish a Feliner. Things that undoubtedly take years of study to learn. They painted themselves into a corner with the cats anti-tech stance in the beginning. If they knew they were going to introduce these vehicles later on they should have had plans laid out where they could learn how to operate and fix them.

Balgus82 06-16-2012 08:45 AM

Oh Pumyra.... I am disappoint. And they called Cheetara a backstabber.

hollowdheart 06-16-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 55566)

What happened? Can one of you pm me? I have to work soon and i missed it. :(

Tracer 06-16-2012 08:57 AM

Very cool episode. I knew the forever bag was gonna play a bigger role.

2 things

Pumyra... Just got Berbilled beeeoootttcchhhh

Kit "We gonna find the last stone or what?"

or what :(

AdamofEternia 06-16-2012 08:57 AM

i hope i am not the only one who thinks this episode is the best of the series and i really enjoyed it. i never would have thought pumyra and mum-ra are lovers nor did i see her betraying liono for mum-ra. it does suck for liono again in the romance department but i'm sure there would be other cats out there in season 2.

Ravenxl7 06-16-2012 09:00 AM

Satisfying season finale...but definitely does not work for a series finale. Hopefully season two gets made.

Pumyra's betrayal was definitely surprising. Though I can't say that I'm upset over it. They, as far as I'm concerned, explained it well enough. I'd love to see how this, and her relationship with her master, would develop in the future.

Voltaire's transition from temporary alley to working with Mumm-Ra was predictable, but still done nicely. Another part to the story that I would love to see further developed.

Now, I'll be leaving the thread before the mouthy haters come in, tear the episode bit by bit, and then try to tell us who enjoy the show why we should hate it like they do...

Singe 06-16-2012 09:01 AM

Might I remind that I called out Pumyra on this.

http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat...3/3/#post52731

Post 126

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singe (Post 52731)
Biggest what the **** twist, turns out Pumyra was a sleeper agent working for Mumm-ra or created by Mumm-ra then planted in with the slaves for Lion-O to meet her then get close to the group.

She did help deliver the Sword of Plundarr into Mumm-ra's hands.

Balgus82 06-16-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 55568)

no need to PM considering this is a talkback thread. Basically:

Vultaire tried to drop them from the city after the last episode.
Mumm-Ra attacked.
Vultaire worked with the cats against Mumm-Ra, but then changed his mind in the middle of the fight and shot down Tygra.
Lion-O and Pumyra ran to protect the stone.
Meanwhile Kit and Kat go around the world asking for help.
Mumm-Ra caught up with them. Blasted Pumyra.
Mumm-Ra and Lion-O fought over the tech stone. It dropped. Pumyra got it and threw it to Mumm-Ra declaring her loyalty to him.
Mumm-Ra tells the story of how Pumyra actually died in the attack on Thundera and her anger called to him and he called on the ASOE to bring her back to work for him (no idea why she wouldn't be angry at the person who actually caused her to die...ya know...Mumm-Ra).
The other Cats show up to help Lion-O.
Kit and Kat come back with all the species they've helped in the Forever Bag.
Pumyra gets bitch-slapped by a berbil (I loled).
Mumm-Ra and Pumyra escape.
City falls.
Panthro lands it.
Lion-O is sad. Kit cheers him up by showing him all the animals that came to help them.
The search for the next stone begins.
The End.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamofEternia (Post 55571)
i hope i am not the only one who thinks this episode is the best of the series and i really enjoyed it. i never would have thought pumyra and mum-ra are lovers nor did i see her betraying him for mum-ra. it does suck for liono again in the romance department but i'm sure there would be other cats out there in season 2.

Thought is was cool how mummra brought pumyra back from the dead.

There was good stuff.

MJ trying to hard to keep T/C. I thought at the end when lion-o was by himself, it would have been a good opportunity for cheetara to help lion-o, but kit did. That would be a good time for an advisor/cleric to give suppot. After this, this proves to me that all cheetara is tygra's GF.

Lion-o finally remember how to create the arm armour.

I hope MJ is replaced. All I see with the next season is a back and forth L/P thing.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singe (Post 55573)
Might I remind that I called out Pumyra on this.

http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat...3/3/#post52731

Post 126

Good job.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 55568)

Mummra brought her back to life.

Cheetara had her chance at the end (MJ), but it was kit that helped lion-o.

hollowdheart 06-16-2012 09:06 AM

Seriously? I was starting to ship P/L a little too. And they do this? Honestly.....

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stac (Post 55524)

Agree. It is just MJ.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 55578)
Seriously? I was starting to ship P/L a little too. And they do this? Honestly.....

If there is a second season and MJ is doing it, it will be a back forth thing where lion-o tries to convert. She will convert to lion-o's side close to the end.

It such a cliché. They said they didn't want to do clichés too.

hollowdheart 06-16-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55581)
If there is a second season and MJ is doing it, it will be a back forth thing where lion-o tries to convert. She will convert to lion-o's side close to the end.

It such a cliché. They said they didn't want to do clichés too.

But she's a reanimated body. That's gross......plus he shouldn't trust her since she did what she did and she's Mumm-Ra's lover. :mad:

MegaGearX 06-16-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 55566)

Argh...the women on this show. First Cheetara is relegated to Tygra's girl, now the bi-polar Pumyra is really a revenge crazed agent for Mumm-Ra. This part is a joke: Heck, even Lion-O's mom doesn't survive childbirth.

Unfortunately, this is another strike against this show...the OS had strong women from Cheetara to Chilla to Mandora. The strongest woman in this show is Wilykit...

fuukonomiko 06-16-2012 09:15 AM

I wasn't too surprised with Myra. Didn't expect her being dead though. I dont know about her converting to TC in the end...but if Mumm-RA dies, wouldn't she die too?

You could see the cracks in their relationship in the beginning though, with Lion-O getting upset at her for almost getting them killed.

Anyone else see a potential Kit/Lion-O shipping at the end? LOL.

Tony_Bacala 06-16-2012 09:18 AM

Pretty good episode. Whole time all I could think about is that it was ending (most likely, anyway). Good action, good Mumra vs Lion O battle, bringing all the races together etc. It was well executed, and set it up well for a season 2, that we probably won't see.

I'm going to go be sad for a bit.

Balgus82 06-16-2012 09:19 AM

I get the being angry at Lion-O part, irrational as it is. But why wouldn't she ALSO be angry at Mumm-Ra? Since he's the one that frikkin attacked the city and caused her to die.

MegaGearX 06-16-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 55574)
Mumm-Ra tells the story of how Pumyra actually died in the attack on Thundera and her anger called to him and he called on the ASOE to bring her back to work for him (no idea why she wouldn't be angry at the person who actually caused her to die...ya know...Mumm-Ra).

I think if he truly resurrected her (and not merely rescued her from the rubble), he could have also tampered with her mind to ensure her loyalty. Sometimes, lies AND magic can turn someone evil--ask Adora from MOTU.

The mind tampering also allows for her possible redemption at some point.

stormbringer 06-16-2012 09:20 AM

Looks like Wilykit is the only female character that hasn't been made to look bad at some point. So I guess Pumyra is technically undead like a liche or something?

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 55582)
But she's a reanimated body. That's gross......plus he shouldn't trust her since she did what she did and she's Mumm-Ra's lover. :mad:

I agree, but see a lot of OoC goes on in this show.

I like it. That put a spin on the story. But fear would be at the end of the series, she would be good and end up with lion-o. There other shows that do that.

Tron is kind of like that.

stormbringer 06-16-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuukonomiko (Post 55585)
I wasn't too surprised with Myra. Didn't expect her being dead though. I dont know about her converting to TC in the end...but if Mumm-RA dies, wouldn't she die too?

You could see the cracks in their relationship in the beginning though, with Lion-O getting upset at her for almost getting them killed.

I could actually go for a Kit/Lion-o ship, as long as they age her a few more years of course.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuukonomiko (Post 55585)

If this was Japan, I could. The World is slowly moving against Loli anime. They are starting to ban it.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 55587)
I get the being angry at Lion-O part, irrational as it is. But why wouldn't she ALSO be angry at Mumm-Ra? Since he's the one that frikkin attacked the city and caused her to die.

He brought her back from the dead.

I still think she would go to the TC and be with lion-o in the end. :mad:

AdamofEternia 06-16-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

lol.. i thought about that too.

stormbringer 06-16-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowdheart (Post 55582)

This is reminding me of some of the twisted stuff from the Wildstorm TCats comics.:(:mad:

L08e16o 06-16-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 55595)
This is reminding me of some of the twisted stuff from the Wildstorm TCats comics.:(:mad:

Hey, they didn't follow the comics.:rolleyes:

MegaGearX 06-16-2012 09:30 AM

Then there is the good stuff! Vultureman with the Muta--er, Generals! Team Plundarr is complete! Despite being billed as high level threats, they have to be defeated quickly because the plot demands it.

Still, it was great to see Vultaire with Slythe, Kaynar and Addicus once again!

fuukonomiko 06-16-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55592)
If this was Japan, I could. The World is slowly moving against Loli anime. They are starting to ban it.

Not right now....Lion-O is young still anyway. What is he? 17? He's about 9 years older than she is, so in about 9 to 10 years, he'll be 27, she'll be 18. Not so Loli there :D

cmangund 06-16-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 55595)

MJ's "curse" in action again apparently.:eek:

stac 06-16-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

The women on this show are either there to solely to provide support and cheer the men on on, or are driven by hate or desire for revenge. The writers are absolutely shite at writing interesting female characters.

cmangund 06-16-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 55589)
Looks like Wilykit is the only female character that hasn't been made to look bad at some point. So I guess Pumyra is technically undead like a liche or something?

Don't let your hopes up just yet. MJ will have something for her too in a few years.:eek: Like I said MJ is enjoying himself "torturing" Lion-O's "Love life" thus making Pumyra the traitor.

Balgus82 06-16-2012 09:36 AM

I wonder if Pumyra's anything like the Tiger clan, and will poof away if she switched sides... Though she doesn't turn into a little monkey demon like they did.

SirSapphire 06-16-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 55602)
I wonder if Pumyra's anything like the Tiger clan, and will poof away if she switched sides... Though she doesn't turn into a little monkey demon like they did.

Perhaps in season two he uses the Soul Stone to safely sever her connection to Mumm-Ra.

vantheman77 06-16-2012 09:45 AM

That was a good season finale as it doesn't work as a series finale. I still hope we get a second season. Pumyra's betrayal was something we saw coming and there were clues in the last several episodes from the minute she first saw him back in the Pit, her giving him the Sword of Plundarr, and wanting the Tech Stone thus having the Bird City crash to the ground with lives inside. She is the second Thundercat to betray them and has replaced Grune as I called it. However, it was an interesting backstory and twist of how it was done.
The other betrayal was Voltaire, who shot down Tygra and stood with Mumm-Ra's mutant generals. The sword fight between Lion-O and Mumm-Ra was a good and we now know what the 4th stone is going to do - give Lion-O the Armor of Omens.
I was hoping to see Cheetara cheer up Lion-O, but Wilykit ended up doing it and the twins saved the day. It was great to see the other animal races unite under Lion-O's leadership. This gives us an idea of what a second season would look like. Great season finale.

cmangund 06-16-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 55596)
Hey, they didn't follow the comics.:rolleyes:

Trickery and Dishonesty are their MO apparently :rolleyes:.

AdamofEternia 06-16-2012 10:54 AM

in terms of love interests, there could be another female cat out there for liono. i still think there is gonna be a reincarnation of panthera in the second season. there was something off about pumyra in the first place when she was introduced and im sorry but she aint queen material.

MegaGearX 06-16-2012 10:59 AM

Lion-O has the WORST luck with Puma characters....in the OS it was Pumm-Ra. Now in the NS, it's Pumyra.

Mum Star 06-16-2012 10:59 AM

So they went with Pumrya bieng evil huh? Not too crazy about that for two reasons. 1- Her reason sucks, as she's turned against Lion-O to join the guy responsible for the attack. 2- You know that next season rather than bieng supportive and trying to help his brother get throught this, Tygra is going to be a jerk.

Now the question is, will they actually get a season 2 to follow this up with?

Singe 06-16-2012 11:13 AM

Who knew Mumm-ra had a taste for the pussycat. Of course all he can shoot out is dust. "Crop Duster"

Since Pumyra was reanimated by Mumm-ra if the same rules would apply like the Ancient Spirits of Evil with Tiger Clan, once the magic is gone she will die. So not much choice but to enjoy second life and serve Mumm-ra.

Why would Pumyra turn on Lion-O? In the flashback the King (Lion-O) left her for dead. Yeah, Lion-O couldn't hear her and all that circumstantial excuses. Still the last thing she sees is him walking away.

Just having Mumm-ra being kissed on his shield by Pumyra. I somehow got a Scott Pilgrim moment.
Mumm-ra: Gideon
Pumyra: Ramona
Lion-O: Scott Pilgrim

MegaGearX 06-16-2012 11:14 AM

Once we get the ratings of the final episode, we might learn of the fate of the show or brand shortly thereafter.

Singe 06-16-2012 11:18 AM

If the show is finished, the backup plan is to opt for a movie to finish the series. One stone left, deal with Pumyra and Mumm-ra. Rebuild the Kingdom and Lion-o couples with Wilykit in a number of years.

Tygra: I'm starting to get jealous.
Cheetara: Jealous of what?
Tygra: How quickly you go around hitting on other guys.
*Cheetara smacks Atticus across the face.*
Cheetara: Yeah, I do like hitting on other guys.

Watched it again.

Yeah, she has little choice. Just like the Tiger Clan, if she turns on Mumm-ra the Ancient Spirits will revoke her second life and she'll die.

Well it's official, Lion-O is going Loli next. He tried it with an older woman and failed. He tried it with a reanimated corpse and failed. Now all he has is one girl who always had faith in him, despite the age gap he should just go ahead and just go for the relationship. All of the emotional groundwork is there and he just needs to wait until she's to the age that their laws allows. Otherwise, **** the rules I'm the King. Get over here Wilykit and purr for me.

L08e16o 06-16-2012 12:10 PM

So lion-o goes from one trinagle (T/C/L) to another one (M/P/L).

The females go behind lion-o's back to hook up with the males that try to kill him.

L/P should be over.