Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats General Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Thurdercats does well.... Silverhawks? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2436)

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 07-31-2011 10:47 AM

If Thurdercats does well.... Silverhawks?

So with all these 80s revamps coming out and Thundercats just barely premiering, what are the odds of Silverhawks also making a comeback if Voltron and Thundercats do well?

Personally I welcome it with open arms as I am a huge fan of that show, and always dug on the toys. I'd love to see vacuum metallic action figures make a comeback.

Joe Moore 07-31-2011 11:02 AM

If Thundercats does well, I think it will open the door for a lot of the 80's show. Up until this point, the only sustained 80's properties have been Transformers and, to a lesser degree, G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe.

Tony_Bacala 07-31-2011 02:52 PM

I'd like to see the Silverhawks be one of the species on 3rd Earth in the Thundercats show. Then just dump a couple into the main line of toys.

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 07-31-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala (Post 8315)
I'd like to see the Silverhawks be one of the species on 3rd Earth in the Thundercats show. Then just dump a couple into the main line of toys.

Steel Heart and The Copper Kid FTW

Tracer 07-31-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

That would be all kinds of awesome.

Lord of the Thundercats 08-03-2011 10:28 AM

If it does well, I would like to see a re-reboot of Masters of the Universe, possibly a better live action movie than the first one. Or even a Thundercats movie either live action or CGI.

Tracer 08-04-2011 07:37 AM

The last reboot of MOTU was great. I wish I knew why that one was cancelled.

Joe Moore 08-04-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 8785)
The last reboot of MOTU was great. I wish I knew why that one was cancelled.

Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans. Mix that with retailers and Mattel screwing up the case assortments, and you had a perfect storm for failure. Retailers always wanted He-Man and Skeletor, but that would then limit other characters to 1-2 per case, thus clogging the shelves with He-Man and Skeletor figures. There's only so many variations of the same character parents are going to buy, so that stuff just sat for forever.

mustardwketchup 08-07-2011 02:33 AM

I've never heard of silverhawks before, so I watched the intro on youtube.

Now I can't stop hearing "silverhaawwks!" in my head.

But it also led me to Tigersharks.... WOW.

Beej B 08-07-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 8795)
Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans. Mix that with retailers and Mattel screwing up the case assortments, and you had a perfect storm for failure. Retailers always wanted He-Man and Skeletor, but that would then limit other characters to 1-2 per case, thus clogging the shelves with He-Man and Skeletor figures. There's only so many variations of the same character parents are going to buy, so that stuff just sat for forever.

Yep. 100% THIS.

It was an exciting time to be a MOTU fan, but also a very frustrating one, too. And collecting that line was hard work. Yes, I said WORK, lol. I still display my collection of the 200X stuff proudly. A lot of gasoline, blood, sweat and tears went into getting all those figures. Worth it all though, I'd say.

nitewing73 08-08-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

If I remember correctly the question of Silverhawks came up during the panel at Comic Con and I believe it was Michael Jelenic who mentioned that it's a possibility that Silverhawks and Tigersharks could show up. Someone please correct me if I heard that incorrectly. It was on the panel video that was posted on the site a couple of weeks ago.

Steevy Maximus 08-09-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitewing73 (Post 9368)
If I remember correctly the question of Silverhawks came up during the panel at Comic Con and I believe it was Michael Jelenic who mentioned that it's a possibility that Silverhawks and Tigersharks could show up. Someone please correct me if I heard that incorrectly. It was on the panel video that was posted on the site a couple of weeks ago.

I think the exact phrase was something along the lines of a cameo or guest appearance in the new Thundercats series.

I was always a bigger Silverhawks fan than Thundercats, and given its relative obscurity (sorry guys, even MASK probably has more recognition than Silverhawks), I'd be happy with anything given to Silverhawks.

Beej B 08-10-2011 05:52 AM

Man, that would be too cool if it actually happens. Surreal even. Here's hoping!

Eduardo 08-10-2011 10:45 AM

While I prefer to keep the franchises separate, the Silverhakws appearing may be what Warner needs to finally make plans for releasing the second half of the series in dvd.

(And do the same for Tigersharks... one can hope).

tlcmathman 08-10-2011 11:41 AM

I would love to see Silverhawks make a comeback. I'd also love to see The Centurions get a revamp.

Fuzz 08-10-2011 12:14 PM

Figured I'd just let some of you know that you can buy Silverhawks DVD set at Warlmart. I bought it earlier this year.

Eduardo 08-10-2011 12:41 PM

Problem is that the SilverHawks DVD only covers half the series. Warner never released the second half.

Ravenxl7 08-10-2011 01:16 PM

Would be interesting. Personally, a cameo in the new Thundercats show would be good enough for me. Though I wouldn't be against Silverhawks getting it's own separate reboot. Most especially if they made 8" scaled Classic figures. While I would probably only get a couple of them, they would make nice companions to the Thundercats Classics.

Tracer 08-11-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 8795)
Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans.

That's too bad.Kids just don't know what they are missing.

Thundera 08-11-2011 11:36 AM

I would love to see M.A.S.K get a reboot! I always loved have loved that show, and it would be nice to see it get some deserved attention!

squawkbot 08-11-2011 07:56 PM

1+ to M.A.S.K!
also, would be cool to have a new Silverhawk Miraj designed!
the new thundertank gives me faith in their skills.

nitewing73 08-12-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus (Post 9587)
I think the exact phrase was something along the lines of a cameo or guest appearance in the new Thundercats series.

I was always a bigger Silverhawks fan than Thundercats, and given its relative obscurity (sorry guys, even MASK probably has more recognition than Silverhawks), I'd be happy with anything given to Silverhawks.

Thanks for the clarification Steevy.

On a related note, Shout Factory has just released the entire M.A.S.K. Series on DVD for those interested.

Yeah I'm kind of bummed they never released the 2nd volume of Silverhawks.

dollman ron 08-23-2011 11:06 AM

I bought the first few series of Silver Hawks and then got bored with them; they just were too easy to scratch if you messed with them much, and were too limited to pose. A new series would have to be a lot more poseable for me to pick any up.

RedFrame 08-25-2011 11:50 AM

My understanding is that the reason the second half of the series of Silverhawks never made it to DVD was an inability to acquire rights. It was made on VHS but when it came to the second half for DVD there was a rights/licensing issue. I would love to see it on DVD, I have the first half on DVD and have always loved the series.

Ruination04 08-25-2011 01:42 PM

I loved the Silverhawks! TALLY HAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to have a new Maraj!

User897 08-25-2011 01:49 PM

What are "Thurdercats?"

merlin 08-26-2011 03:35 PM

maybe bandai get rights to silverhawks toy line

squawkbot 08-26-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User897 (Post 12997)
What are "Thurdercats?"

they rode the special bus around Thundera

User897 08-26-2011 11:28 PM

Maybe the original poster can fix that error?

Steelheart 09-21-2011 12:44 PM

I would LOVE to see SilverHawks return. I was always slightly more of a fan of them than even ThunderCats. I always thought Mandora the Evil Chaster had a very SilverHawks design to her helmet, perhaps she could be redesigned as an actual SilverHawk. Or how cool would it be to see Mon*Star as a ThunderCats villain?

TigerSharks would be great to see too.

rchrz60 09-21-2011 01:16 PM

A Mon-Star Mumm-Ra team up would be awesome. I would also love to see the SilverHawks come back, maybe even have their own show.

Matrix_Holder 09-21-2011 09:17 PM

*Spoilers*
with certain silverhawk and tiger sharks cameos so far ...I hope this leads to more appearances of these great shows.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-21-2011 09:53 PM

I don't think they should do a silverhawks series yet. I'm also disapointed at the availability of the 6 inch toys that aren't mumm-ra and lion-o. They never learn.