TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #151
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show!

When: Sunday, March 20th,2011 - 10am-5pm
Admission:
$10 General Admission
FREE for Kids Under 12!
Where: The Shaw Conference Centre (Hall A)
9797 Jasper Avenue.
(See www.edtoyshow.com for more details)

About the Show:
The Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show (ECTCS) is a family-friendly, one-day, annual event that caters to Alberta’s large toy and comic book collecting community and the young-at-heart alike. The show is now in its ninth annual year and is proud to call the Shaw Conference Centre home after three very successful years there. There will be over 25,000 square feet of exhibit space where over 100 of Western Canada’s finest vendors will be offering up a wide variety of collectible toys, comics, video games and more! The event organizers are proud to announce the following special guests and exhibits for the show:

LeVar Burton! The star of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Roots and the host of Reading Rainbow!

The Dudley’s! Legendary pro-wrestlers, who will be wrestling the previous evening at the Prairie Wrestling Alliance’s 10th Anniversary Show, will be doing an exclusive autograph signing at the ECTCS!

Ron Wagner! Renowned comic artist who has worked on Batman, Daredevil, The Punisher, GI Joe and much more!

Cary Nord! Calgary comic artist who's work has appeared in Conan, Thor, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Wolverine & more!

Robert Bailey! Edmonton’s own acclaimed aviation and Star Wars Visions artist!

Gus Lopez! Promoting his new book Gus and Duncan's Guide to Star Wars Prototypes!

The Art of Akira! An incredible exhibit of production art from the most important anime film of all time: Akira!

The Costume Crypt! An exhibit of screen used props and wardrobe pieces from popular sci-fi and horror films!

Get Tattooed! The tattoo crew from Shades of Grey will be dishing out nerdy tattoos all day at the show!

A number of local, independent comic book creators, the 501st and Rebel Legions; two worldwide groups of Star Wars costumers (www.badlands.ca) (www.rebellegion.com) will also be present at The ECTCS. Our popular Collector Panels also return with discussions on the history of The Art of Akira, Star Wars Props and Filming Locations and GI Joe toys!

The ECTCS will be accepting donations for The Edmonton Food Bank and Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.
Attendees who bring a donation will be eligible to enter to win one of several door prizes donated by our sponsors and vendors including Shades of Grey, Hasbro, Paramount, Warner Brothers and Lucasfilm Ltd.

Media Contact:
Shane Turgeon
Phone: 780-993-8799
Email: contact@edtoyshow.com
www.edtoyshow.com
Original Source: Edmonton Collectible Toy and Comic Show - This Weekend! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #152
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Gundamben831 tried to make his custom G.I. Joe 25th Ann. style Lowlight as close to cartoon accurate as possible.

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Lowlight - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #153
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member PhilDpino conversed with the GI Joe Collectors Club on the phone yesterday, and has passed on the following news:

Tried to see if I could get a second Dial-Tone today. I mean, what the heck, right? I only lose if I don't try.

Anyways, they are sold out completely.

But because it was so popular, "Brian is talking to China" regarding the details of "possibly getting more made."

So if you were disappointed when the Loose 25th Anniversary Dial Tone Sold Out, perhaps you'll have another shot at owning a 25th Anniversary Dial Tone.
Original Source: 25th Anniversary Dial Tone Additional Run - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #154
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out screen captures for G.I. Joe Renegades - Knockoffs. Another big episode in moving our characters closer to their ARAH histories, Zartan returns and Wild Bill shows up!

All images are 1920 x 1080 pixels from HD television source.

Make sure to check our G.I. Joe Renegades Screen Capture Index for a list of all the episodes and discuss them all there. Post your favorite!
Original Source: Renegades Knockoffs Screen Captures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #155
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to TV Guide a "sea captain" shows up to help the Joes in GI Joe Renegades Episode 16 Shipwrecked. Here's their episode description:

Episode Synopsis: A sea captain helps the Joes transport a bio-viper canister taken from Cobra's lab, but things go wrong on the journey.

How will everyone's favorite salty sailor GI Joe be portrayed? Will Polly make an appearance? GI Joe Renegades Shipwreck debuts when episode 16 premieres on April 15th.
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Shipwreck - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #156
ThundeRSS

Quote:
2005 Boards member Deceptigar has posted a Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Laserbeak Review. Notice anything familiar about the alt mode? It features an undeniable(arguably) resemblance to the Sigma 6 Dragonhawk! Whether Laserbeak will adopt this alt mode in Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon or if it was designed just for the toy remains to be seen. We've mirrored the images, so read on to check out Deceptigar's thoughts on the figure, and all of the images!
Original Source: Transformers 3 Dragonhawk Lazerbeak - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #157
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTANK.com boards members have submitted 64 of their favorite unproduced G.I. Joe & Cobra Modern Era Characters. We collected the data and placed each entry into the first ever G.I. Joe March Madness Tournament. We are now down to 8 Elite G.I. Joe and Cobra Characters!

We have searched the HISSTANK.com forums for customs of unproduced figures that have been posted up. Many of these are worthy designs for production. Feel free to discuss version types inside each poll thread.

To cast your votes click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: G.I. Joe March Madness 2011 Elite 8 Rumble - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #158
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI Joe Renegades Episode 15 Whiteout reveals 2 new additions to the GI Joe Renegades show:
  • Snow Job
  • Timber
Now we knew Snow Job was going to show up thanks to the episode descriptions released a while ago. Will Snow Job survive? You can see both in the new promo:
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Episode 15 Reveals Timber - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #159
ThundeRSS

Original Source: Non-G.I. Joe News Round-Up 3-21-11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #160
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI JOE NEWS
===========

A variety of the latest GI JOE comics from IDW have been listed on the site including main series issue #27, A Real American Hero #163, and the Infest- ation limited series. Also, a couple of other recent issues (Origins #23 and Cobra #12) had been erroneously deleted from the site and are now listed again.

We recently added the contents of a collection purchase. Among other things you can find:

- A variety of G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary (foil edition) carded figures, some hard to find these days.

- Some Spy Troops, Valor vs. Venom, and Direct To Consumer. Look for these in the Direct To Consumer and Vintage/Loose categories.

- A variety of out of print IDW and Devil's Due GI JOE comic books including a few complete series. Also added some Hasbro GI JOE comics.

Hasbro has released updated loose and also packaged photos for the upcoming wave 5 and 6 Pursuit of Cobra figure assortments. You can find them in the respective product listings:

GI JOE: Pursuit of Cobra

Our inventory of the International GI JOE items is drying up quickly.

International Vintage

To view the complete G.I. Joe News letter click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: Smalljoes.com newsletter 3/21/11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #161
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HISS Tank News Round Up 3/14 - 3/21/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #162
ThundeRSS

Quote:
One of the most well received vehicles of the Valor VS Venom line was the Jungle Strike Humvee With Rollbar. With authentic detail, this vehicle raised the bar for Joe vehicles during its time. It was later repainted for the GI Joe Direct To Consumer(DTC) line.

Ssushop has posted an auction for a Jungle Strike Humvee Prototype, check out all the images of it after the jump!
Original Source: Valor VS Venom Jungle Strike Humvee Prototype - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #163
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Ssushop has posted images of loose, preproduction samples for the following:The only painted figure here is one of the 25th Anniversary Night Force Falcon figures. The rest are unpainted. It's been a while since we've seen these figures, could there still be hope for an eventual release of Arctic Cobra Commander, perhaps as part of the GI Joe Renegades line? Also, are Night Force Falcon and Arctic Scarlett, figures that you'd still like to see at retail?*

* All 3 were planned, then canceled for the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line.
Original Source: 25th Anniversary Night Force Falcon And Comic Pack Samples - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #164
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The wait for JoeCon 2011 will soon be over and the GI Joe Collectors' Club has uploaded a new commercial!
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Commercial - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #165
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Had things been different in 1995, perhaps GI Joe Battle Rangers would've restored the GI Joe A Real American Hero line to its former glory. As we all know, this didn't happen, as Battle Rangers' ultimately ended with the cancellation of the A Real American Hero line.

One of the classic Cobra characters who was due for an update was Dr Mindbender. Battle Rangers Dr Mindbender featured a removable helmet and a rather unique left hand. Ebay user jonelway has put a sample up for auction. Take a closer look at this rarity after the jump!
Original Source: Battle Rangers Dr Mindbender Auction - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #166
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member daremo has come through with images of his most recent custom, Banzai! This unique take on the Ninja Force warrior is a modernized update, and unlike the original, comes with nunchaks! More details on the build:

I never liked the pink/purple for a ninja so I went with the more traditional dark blue. While the original mask is cool, again I went with the traditional hood instead. I painted the rising sun on it because he's a Rising Sun Ninja. I cut his signature ponytail off too. Didn't need any zombies grabbing a handful of locks. My biggest gripe was that the guy is a world premier nunchaku master, more so than even Nunchuk, but he didn't even come with a nunchucks accessory.

See daremo's take on Banzai after the jump!
Original Source: Custom GI Joe Banzai - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #167
ThundeRSS

Quote:
New Jersey Collectors Convention is proud to announce the addition of the GM Chevy Camaro Bumblebee to appear at the April 17th 2011 Toy Show. Also in attendance will be “BARRICADE“ the Official Saleen Mustang, used in the filming of the first live action Transformers Movie and Bumblebee in robot character form. Kids and adults can enjoy free photo opportunities with these character favorites honoring the Transformers live action movie.

As of today we have just 5 dealer tables left that are not reserved in the dealer room. Do not wait to the last minute to grab your Dealer space at the next NJCC 2011.....

Stay Tuned For More NJCC 2011 Updates!
Original Source: NJCC 2011 GM Chevy Bumblebee Camaro Appearance - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #168
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to a new press release by The HUB, GI Joe Renegades is not listed as one of the returning series for 2011-2012. We'll keep you posted, in the meantime, is Renegades something you would like to see return?
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Possibly Canceled - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #169
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Ebay seller ssushop has posted the following Valor VS Venom hard copy prototypes up for auction:Some of the aforementioned hard copies can be seen next to unpainted test shots. We've mirrored the images, which you can check out after the jump!
Original Source: Valor VS Venom Hard Copy Auctions - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #170
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to IDW Publishing, HISS Tank has solicits and a preview for Cobra Civil War #0, the Snake Eyes portion to be exact(10 pages from Snake Eyes #1)! Plus...Ninja Force?! Aside from pages from the 1st issue of Snake Eyes, this issue will also feature 10 pages each from:
  • Cobra #1
  • GI Joe #1
G.I. Joe: Cobra Civil War #0
In store date: April 13, 2011
Chuck Dixon, Mike Costa (w) • Javier Saltares, Antonio Fuso, Agustin Padilla (a) • Tom Feister, Fuso, Gabriele Dell’Otto (c)

COBRA CIVIL WAR BEGINS HERE! The Commander is dead! Long live… Cobra Commander?! But the questions is, who will BE the NEXT Cobra Commander?! The role of Commander must be filled—now the most lethal and cunning Cobra operatives will COMPETE TO REIGN SUPREME. The winner—he who kills the most G.I. JOES—will take the reins of COBRA! Bonus: Ninja Force!!!!! Yeah, baby! 30 big pages of story at regular price! This is the place to jump on board and see what everyone’s been talking about!
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 basis
FC • 40 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• The next great G.I. Joe storyline begins here!
• The hunt for the new Cobra Commander will run through all three new G.I. Joe series beginning with next month’s three debuts: G.I. Joe #1, Cobra #1, and Snake Eyes #1!

We've also got the covers for all 4 aforementioned issues, as well as the solicitation text for each. Check out those and the Snake Eyes #1 10 page preview after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra Civil War Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #171
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles has revealed their newest GI Joe 12 Inch Figure Environment, the PIT COMMAND CENTER! An exclusive full product reveal will be posted on their production blog on March 29th. Preorders begin with the launch of their newsletter on March 31st. Take a closer look at the new environment after the jump!
Original Source: Sideshow PIT Command Center - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #172
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out screen captures for G.I. Joe Renegades - White Out. In this ep we get tons of Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow action, plus some introductions to fan favorites Timber and Snow Job!

All images are 1920 x 1080 pixels from HD television source.

Make sure to check our G.I. Joe Renegades Screen Capture Index for a list of all the episodes and discuss them all there. Post your favorite!
Original Source: Renegades White Out Screen Caps - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #173
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank sponsor BigBadToyStore has sent out their latest newsletter. They've got some revision cases in for GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra!

GI JOE 2010 SERIES 02 REVISION 04, 2011 SERIES 02 REVISION 03 CASES
A small assortment of GI Joe cases has also arrived at our warehouse.
Each of these two cases contains a good variety of figures like Snake
Eyes, Duke, army builders and more, and each is priced at $84.99.
GI Joe 2010 - 2011 GI Joe Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

Also a preorder for Sideshow General Hawk:

GI JOE - 12" GENERAL HAWK
Sideshow's latest announcement includes their new 12" GI Joe, General
Hawk. He comes loaded with weapons and accessories, and we have him
listed at $124.99, saving you $10 off of the MSRP.
12" General Hawk - GI Joe 12" Sideshow 12" Sideshow

In addition they have plenty of new arrivals and preorders. Read on for the complete update!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore - 3/25/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #174
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member John_0515 made these custom LEGO Cobra Vipers.

Need to add to your LEGO army ?

Click the Discuss button to check the thread.
Original Source: Custom LEGO Cobra Vipers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #175
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The latest issue of Ages 25 & Up, entitled Bona Fide B.A.D.A.S.S., is now online for your viewing pleasure! This week, we learn once again that Cobra really loves ridiculous acronyms and over-the-top evil plans. Click on the Title Bar to find out in this edition of A25&U!

Once you've finished the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums by clicking the Discuss Button!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #133 - Bona Fide - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #176
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Can't make it to JoeCon? The 2011 Canadian Collectible Toy Expo, your best bet for hard to find G.I. Joe this spring in southern Ontario is coming up next weekend; Sunday, April 3rd at the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre in Burlington, Ontario.

The show features dealers selling GIJoe (vintage and modern),Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Super Heroes (Marvel, DC etc), Star Wars (new and vintage), Wrestling, Masters of the Universe and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles. For more details go to the Canadian Collectible Toy Expo website.

If 500 people attend the facebook event for the April 3rd show a FLAT SCREEN TV is going to be given away at the 2011 Canadian Collectible Toy Expo! So invite your Action Figure/Toy Collector friends to the show today! http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...58085944237680
Original Source: 2011 Canadian Collectible Toy Expo - NEXT WEEKEND in Burlington, ON - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #177
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles has updated their production blog with new images of their upcoming PIT Command Center environment for 12" GI Joe figures. More info:

Remember that the Pit Command 12-inch Figure Environment will be available for Pre-Order through the FLEXPay option available as a payment choice when placing your Pre-Order. Make sure you log into your newsletter account on March 31st, 2011 to secure this piece for your collection.[Sign Up for the Sideshow Newsletter][Newsletter Login]

Check out all the new images after the jump!
Original Source: PIT Command Center Gallery - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #178
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com boards members have submitted 64 of their favorite unproduced G.I. Joe & Cobra Modern Era Characters. We collected the data and placed each entry into the first ever G.I. Joe March Madness Tournament. We are now down to the Final Four G.I. Joe and Cobra Characters!

We have searched the HISSTANK.com forums for customs of unproduced figures that have been posted up. Many of these are worthy designs for production. Feel free to discuss version types inside each poll thread.

To cast your votes click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: G.I. Joe March Madness 2011 Final Four Showdown - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #180
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's that time of the year again! The Hasbro G.I. Joe 2011 Collectors Convention is officially underway and the countdown for Golden Ticket pick-up at 8:30 PM is almost over.

HissTank.com will have agents on the scene to bring us all the G.I. JOE News and Images that you can Handle from the latest G.I. Joe POC, Renegades and 30th Anniversary Line and other Hasbro information for the upcoming GI Joe Movie 2. Official HISS tank.com coverage will start on Thursday afternoon around at 5PM with up-to-the-minute in depth coverage of the Hasbro G.I. Joe 2011 Collectors Convention. You will not want to miss the Breaking News Images that we will be showing this day!

Coverage on Friday will start with Images of the Hasbro G.I. Joe Parachute Drop at 10:30am followed by Images of the Hasbro G.I. Joe Case displays and Renegades Panel.

Coverage on Saturday will revolve around the Official Hasbro G.I. Joe Sneak Peak at 11:00am sharp! We will be covering this event live and hope to bring you images directly from the panel. You do not want to miss this event! We also hope to do the same for the G.I. Joe Club Roundtable at 3:00pm

Click the Title bar to discuss this topic and submit your Questions for Hasbro and speculate on what we may see at this years G.I. Joe 2011 Collectors Convention.
Original Source: Hasbro G.I. Joe 2011 Collectors Convention - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #181
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The first Images from the GI Joe 2011 Collectors Convention are starting to roll in from HISS Tank.com boards members. We now have images of the Free Armadillo, Convention Pin and Comic.

To view the new Joecon 2011 Images click the Title Bar.
Original Source: GI Joe 2011 Collectors Convention Exclusive Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #182
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sister site TFW2005 has posted snippets of info from the latest issue of the Transformers Collectors' Club magazine. Now you're probably wondering why this has anything to do with GI Joe. Well it could, as the new following info was found in the magazine:
  • Further confirmation that we'll get 12 Kre-O sets in the fall.
  • Heavily hinted that TFs will not be the only Hasbro property to get the Kre-O treatment.
Now let's run down some Hasbro lines and possibilities. Transformers are covered under Kre O already. Marvel? Megabloks has the license for Marvel block figures and building sets. Star Wars? Lego has the license. My Little Pony? We honestly don't know.

GI Joe Kre O sets were discussed earlier this month. Could Hasbro be hinting at GI Joe Kre O sets and GI Joe Kreons? As some of you may know, Lego has shied away from making military themed construction sets. So there is a gap waiting to be filled. Perhaps we shall hear something at JoeCon 2011!
Original Source: Possible GI Joe Kre O Hint - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #183
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Last May, news of a documentary titled OPERATION BLAST OFF by GI Joe A Real American Hero designer Ron Rudat and his son Tristan, emerged. A trailer was posted, and since then fans have been anticipating the release of the documentary. Well we won't be waiting much longer. According to moviefone, CODE NAME BLAST OFF(formerly OPERATION BLAST OFF) is complete!

Moviefone:What's the current progress of 'Code Name: Blastoff'?

Tristan Rudat: The film is complete. There may be a few final tweaks but it's essentially finished. I'm working directly with my dad on a DVD cover, and I keep finding more awesome photos and Polaroids that are sort of begging to be in the film. At a certain point you have to just say, "It's done."

In addition, here is pricing info:

To pre-order a signed, limited edition DVD copy of "Code Name: Blast Off" via paypal ($20 for the film, plus $5 S&H) or from Tristan directly at Dusty.Rudat@gmail.com.
Original Source: CODE NAME BLAST OFF Documentary Completed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #184
ThundeRSS

Quote:
ORLANDO SAYS “YO! JOE!” AND WELCOMES THE 18TH ANNUAL G.I. JOE CONVENTION

“G.I. JoeCon” Will Kickoff With Hundreds Of Paratrooper Action Figures Sailing Down From Atop The Convention Center

PROVIDENCE, RI – MARCH 31, 2011 – It has been seven years since its last tour in Orlando, but the G.I. JOE Convention – G.I. JoeCon, hosted by the G.I. JOE Collectors’ Club and Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), is excited to revisit Disney World for its 18th annual celebration. To kickoff the event, hundreds of action figures with fully-functional parachutes will be launched off the roof of the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Convention Center and float safely to the spectators below – a spectacle that has become a fan-favorite at the convention.

G.I. JOE fans will gather at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Convention Center on April 1st to witness the parachute drop to be followed with the convention opening to the public on April 2nd and 3rd. Then, thousands of fans will participate in events and activities that surround the brand’s almost 50-year history that includes action figures, comic books, animated series and a blockbuster movie.

This year’s convention will feature some of the original G.I. JOE vs. COBRA creators, industry guests, artists, and the Hasbro G.I. JOE brand and design team. The convention will celebrate G.I. JOE, the original action figure, and its journey through the decades from its origins in the 1960s, to the present and beyond.

“Every single year, fans are always so excited for G.I. JoeCon,” said Brian Savage, the director of the G.I. JOE Collectors’ Club, “To kick the convention off with a such a fun and magical sight, the parachute drop will set the light-hearted tone of the convention for the rest of the weekend,” said Savage. “There really is something for everybody here – it’s a family event and it’s a great time for fans of all ages!”

The convention will be held at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Convention Center, located at 1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. General admission tickets are available at the door, $12 for adults and $8 for children ages 5-12 (free child’s admission with a paid adult). And, as always, admission is free for those 4 years old and under. General Admission tickets provide access to the showroom on Saturday, April 2nd from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., or on Sunday, April 3rd from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Additional details and pre-registration information can be found at gijoecon.com, or by calling (817) 448-9863.

Hasbro inaugurated the G.I. JOE Collectors’ Convention in 1994 to bring collectors, fans and the G.I. JOE team together to share in the history of the brand. The annual event attracts thousands of people for G.I. JOE-related presentations and activities, along with buying, selling and trading rare and vintage G.I. JOE action figures.

# # #

About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Press Release - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #185
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! First off, the GI Joe goods:

GI JOE 2010 SERIES 01, 02 - SETS, SINGLES
These two assortments are back in stock now. The Series 01 Set of 8
includes Alley-Viper V1, Beachhead V2, Cobra Commander V2, Duke V5,
Firefly V2, Snake Eyes V5, Snow Job V2 and Storm Shadow V5, and is priced
at $69.99. The Series 02 Set of 6 includes Snake Eyes V6, Zartan V2,
Recondo V1, Destro V2, Jungle-Viper V1 and Dusty V1, and is listed at
$49.99. In addition to the sets, we have singles available of a number of
the figures, so check out the menu and grab your favorites.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...&category=6573

GI JOE 2011 SERIES 02 REVISION 04 CASE
This assortment includes two each of the Alley-Viper V1, Cobra Shock
Trooper V1 and Jungle-Viper V1, along with one each of Storm Shadow V5,
Beachhead V2, Snake Eyes V8, Duke V6, Shadow Tracker V1 and Skydive V1.
it's a great mix, especially for army builders, and is priced at $84.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...75&mode=retail

Even more new arrivals and preorders after the jump!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore 3/31/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #186
ThundeRSS

Quote:
News is coming in from JoeCon about the additional figures available at the show. Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, but here is a potential break down:
  • 2-pack Python Patrol Specialist (Gatilho & Relámpago) ($45)
  • Python Patrol Parachute Tele-Viper Officer (Attendee Figure?) ($20)
  • Python Patrol Stinger w/ Python Patrol Motor/Nitro-Viper ($45)
  • Silver Edition Cobra Commander - (Mickey Mouse Theme (details needed)) ($22)
  • Water Moccasin (Brazilian Maroon scheme) ($35)
  • Dial-Tone ($25)
Make sure to keep up with the thread where people at the show are dropping in and fans back home are discussing! Hasbro G.I. Joe 2011 Collectors Convention News Thread!
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Figure and Vehicle Line Up - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #187
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to HISS Tank boards member GI Joe Eternal, there is an advertisement by Shout Factory in the back of the JoeCon 2011 comic which lists the following series, coming soon to DVD!
  • GI JOE (DiC)
  • GI JOE - Operation Dragonfire
  • M.A.S.K. - The Complete Series
  • Beast Wars Transformers - The Complete Series
  • The Transformers - More Than Meets the Eye - Complete Series
For fans of GI Joe cartoons by DiC, your wishes have finally come true!
Original Source: Shout Factory DiC GI Joe DVDs - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #188
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out some additional incoming images from our very own DESTRO live from the con!

These are additional shots of the display cases available near the JoeCon club store, where "Golden Ticket" holders and others have been snatching up their goods.
Original Source: More JoeCon 2011 Images - Thursday Night - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #189
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out a couple pics from the Joecon 2011 Parachute Drop courtesy of our very own DESTRO! Also included is a pic of the "Golden Ticket".
Original Source: Couple Pics from the Joecon 2011 Parachute Drop - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #190
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Incoming News from JoeCon 2011.
  • 30th Anniversary Figures and Vehicles will have special packaging.
  • Zarana is officially confirmed as SDCC exclusive.
  • Zarana will have 25th style packaging.
  • Hiss Scout and Cycle Armor are not cancelled, on the way.
  • Steel Brigade, Renegades Duke, Cobra Trooper are in 30th packaging, but not officially confirmed as part of the "30 for 30" campaign.
More will be added to the end of this list as it comes in, stay tuned and check back!
Original Source: News Tidbits from Joecon 2011 - Early Friday - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #191
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Incoming News from JoeCon 2011.
  • 30th Anniversary Figures and Vehicles will have special packaging.
  • Zarana is officially confirmed as SDCC exclusive.
  • Zarana will have 25th style packaging.
  • Hiss Scout and Cycle Armor are not cancelled, on the way.
  • Steel Brigade, Renegades Duke, Cobra Trooper are in 30th packaging, but not officially confirmed as part of the "30 for 30" campaign.
  • Renegades Panel as of the first 15 minutes is the same that was shown at Toy Fair 2011.
  • Confirmation that Renegades is on hiatus to focus on G.I. Joe Movie 2
  • Showing new clip of Renegades episode "Castle Destro". Details below.
Castle Destro Summary
  • Joe team goes to Scotland, tracked Techno Viper to a castle.
  • Go in, get locked in.
  • Weapons won't work in castle.
  • Cobra has new weapon, a rocket that carries Bio Vipers into battle.
  • Big Nuke looking thing, crashes into city center, middle opens up, Bio Vipers come out.
  • That was a simulation being run by DESTRO, Cobra Commander and Baroness.
  • Baroness now flies to meet Destro at the castle.
  • Now having a romantic dinner, Destro wearing mask in red suit.
  • Destro aware Joe team is trapped in castle, shows Barnoness.
  • Joes find a medieval armory with swords and weapons.
  • COBRA B.A.T.S! ATTACK
  • Orange face mask, 3 green eyes down the side.
  • Destro and Baroness continue dinner watching the BATS attack the Joes.
    Joes find cannon and blow hole in wall, escape.
  • B.A.T.S. have black and red bodies.
  • B.A.T.S. have goldish/orangish face plate.
  • HISS TANKS - Attack the jet Joes' stole, shoot it down.
  • Joes captured, back in dungeon.
  • Baroness was about to remove Destro's mask, Cobra Commander interrupted.
  • Making it seem like Duke died in plane crash. Status Unknown.
  • Prepping Bio Viper Delivery Missiles for launch.
  • Duke shows up with stolen MARS Mech Suit, breaks Joes out of jail.
  • Rest of Joes get in Mech Suits, interrupt missile launch.
  • BATS and JOES in MECHS FIGHTING
More will be added to the end of this list as it comes in, stay tuned and check back!
Original Source: News Tidbits from Joecon 2011 - Early Friday - Renegades Panel - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #192
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The JoeCon 2011 Dealer Room is open for preview, and Hasbro is giving out some freebies and talking shop.

The 30 for 30 campaign - not happening. Mis-spoke at Toy Fair. There will be a general 30th Anniversary celebration throughout the year though.

Freebies given out by Hasbro include a cardback for Zarana, hyping her appearance at SDCC, a Renegades poster, and a G.I. Joe Key Hook.

Pics from the room will be coming in over the next hour or so, so stay tuned and keep checking back!
Original Source: Joecon 2011 News and Pics - Friday Afternoon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #193
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Hollywood Reporter has foundout that producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who produced all three Transformers Live Action Movies and the G. I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra is leaving Paramount due to a dispute regarding the new Director of G. I. Joe 2.

"Di Bonaventura, one of Hollywood's top producers, is said to have objected when Paramount insisted on installing Jon M. Chu (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), who lacks action experience, as director."

Mr. Bonaventura is one of the aces in the movie business and an all-around nice guy, maintaining contact with fans.

It will definitely be a blow to the upcoming Rise Of Cobra sequel.

"The friction with di Bonaventura comes at a time when many producers--even those at the top of the A list--are finding the business increasingly difficult to navigate. Even the future of long-standing relationships--such as Jerry Bruckheimer's with Disney--is not clear.".
Original Source: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Is Saying Goodbye? G. I. Joe 2 Preproduction On A Rocky Start - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #194
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Live from JoeCon 2011 we bring you updated Images from the Hasbro GI Joe display. Included in the pics are 30th anniversary celebration, SDCC exclusives, and new POC figures.
  • Hasbro is officially calling the new cards "30th anniversary celebration. There are no 30 for 30 it's just going to be a GI Joe 30th celebration.

Stay tuned for more updated information and images as they become available.
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Large Images From The Hasbro Booth - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #195
ThundeRSS

Quote:
One point of contention for GI Joe Renegades fans was Storm Shadow's costume design. While perusing the displays at JoeCon 2011, DESTRO came across a poster displaying a new costume for GI Joe Renegades Storm Shadow. Could the Arashikage ninja don this costume before the conclusion of season 1? Furthermore, could a figure of this design be on the way? It's similar to the look of the 1984 version, but with gray trim on the gi and arm wrapping. Take a closer look after the jump!
Original Source: Renegades Storm Shadow New Costume - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #196
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I. Joe Sneak Peak Panel at JoeCon 2011 has started. Bookmark this thread for the latest info. We will update in real time, and if/when they put out new figs, we will relay the pics too.
  • And we have begun
  • Thanking the fans for support, etc
  • Explaining the 30th Celebration
  • Reason 30 for 30 changed - did not want to limit their selection
  • "Celebrating 30 Years of G.I. Joe" is the official name
  • Showing the new cardbacks
  • Showing new variants...
  • Red Python Patrol Croc Master
  • Green/Tan Blowtorch
  • New Product....
  • Showing 2011 Wave 3&4, due out April
  • Sgt. Stalker
  • Renegades Firefly
  • Renegades Cobra Commander - has 2 heads packed in.
  • Renegades Tunnel Rat
  • "Ultimate" Storm Shadow - Detail and weaponry like POC SE 2011
Original Source: G.I. Joe Sneak Peak Panel at JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #197
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out incoming pics of GI Joe figures due out in late 2011 and early 2012 as seen at the JoeCon 2011 Sneak Peak Panel!
Original Source: New G.I. Joe Figures for Late 2011 Early 2012 - JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #198
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high res images of G.I. Joe Renegades toys. Included are
  • Renegades Duke
  • Renegades Snake Eyes
  • Renegades Scarlett
  • Renegades Tunnel Rat
  • Renegades Ripcord
  • Renegades Airtight
  • Renegades Law and Order
  • Renegades Cobra Commander
  • Renegades Cobra Trooper
  • Renegades Firefly
  • Renegades Storm Shadow
Original Source: G.I. Joe Renegades Toys - High Res - JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #199
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high res images of 2011 and 2012 30th Anniversary celebration main line G.I. Joe Figures. Included are:
  • Data Viper
  • Hazard Viper
  • Kwinn
  • Lifeline
  • Sci Fi
  • Sgt. Stalker
  • Toxo Viper
  • Zombie Viper
Original Source: G.I. Joe 2011 and 2012 Figures - JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #200
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high resolution images of the upcoming G.I. Joe Sky Striker and the San Diego Comic Con Sky Striker with Cobra Commander, repainted in a Starscream deco.

Images have been manually adjusted to try and show a bit more detail. Lighting was a bitch!

More images uploaded at 2:50 PM - at the end of the gallery thumbnails on full story page.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Sky Striker and SDCC Starscream Sky Striker Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe