TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #301
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Here's a rundown of the news we reported last week. A closer look at the upcoming SDCC Zaranas, words from Chuck Dixon, more GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes news/rumors and more news on the return of the fan-favorite Sky Strike XP21F!

Hisstank
Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup May 9th-16th - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #302
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got another update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! Tons of new preorders and new arrivals, especially if you're into Star Wars and/or Transformers. Read on for the complete update!
Original Source: Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore May 20th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #303
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Last month, Sideshow Collectibles revealed their San Diego Comic Con 2011 GI Joe Exclusive, a 12" Ninja Viper figure! Their production blog was updated recently with more images of this figure.

COBRA's NINJA VIPERs are hand selected from the top tiers of the COBRA VIPER units. These individuals must meet COBRA requirements for discipline, brutality, cunning, and ruthlessness as well as lack any pity or emotion. Extensive training is built upon their existing skills and the battlefield experience that pulses in the veins of these snakes. No one quite knows where the ninja training occurs nor if it involves the COBRA assassin STORM SHADOW, but it transforms these individuals into more hardened and obedient machines of terror. They are capable in all forms of known martial arts but also exhibit a proficiency in styles unknown and unrecognizable to the most schooled expert. Sabotage, kidnapping and assassinations are their specialty. COBRA COMMANDER takes great pride in this unit and employs them with glee whenever his need to send a message must be swift, harsh and instill fear. COBRA NINJA VIPER's on their own are a sinister adversary for any member of the Joe team. When functioning as a unit, a group of these snakes can wreak insurmountable havoc upon their adversaries. They are a foe to be reckoned with and always manage to provide the JOE's an uphill challenge. COBRA!

Attending San Diego Comic Con 2011?
Preorder The SDCC Attendee Edition Here

Not attending but still want to get your hands on the limited edition Ninja Viper?
Preorder The SDCC Ninja Viper Here
Original Source: Sideshow Ninja Viper Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #304
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has joined Twitter and has kicked things off with a new image of Quarrel, a figure from their upcoming 3-3/4" figure subscription service which launches later this year! More info:

TWELVE exclusive 25A-style G.I.Joe figures (w/ a bonus thirteenth figure to subscribers), shipped right to your door! Two every other month.

Take a closer look at Quarrel after the jump! Which characters/figures would you like to see in this new subscription service?
Original Source: New GI Joe Club Quarrel Image - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #305
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Bubble Tiange of ACTOYS has posted new carded images of the upcoming San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Zarana figures! Shown are the front and back of the cards, the latter features reprinted artwork from the original Marvel GI Joe Comics. Just a few more months before San Diego Comic Con 2011!

Check out more images of the SDCC exclusive Zaranas after the jump!
Original Source: SDCC Zarana Carded - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #306
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to Collider.com, GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes will:
  • NOT be filmed in 3D
  • NOT be post-converted to 3D
...I did some digging and heard a few things about the sequel. It seems that filming is set to begin in the middle of August and unlike the first film which primarily shot in Los Angeles, the sequel will be filming in New Orleans. In addition, while Chu had been talking about doing the Joe sequel in 3D, I’ve been told they will not be shooting in 3D and they also will not post convert to 3D. Meaning G.I. Joe 2 will be released in good old fashioned 2D.

Did you want to see the sequel to Rise Of Cobra in 3D?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes NOT In 3D - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #307
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Here we are bringing you the IDW August 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations.

August is the month where the filming of G. I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes is set to begin. Nothing relating to the movie is showing up on the list. It'll take a while before the prequel comics hit the comic book stores near you.

On the month of August, we are seeing the Cobra Civil War tie-ins as well as the G.I. Joe: Special Missions, Vol. 4 (the conclusion of Special Missions).

Without further introduction, here are the books…
  • Cobra Ongoing #4
  • G.I. Joe Ongoing Vol. 2 #4
  • Snake Eyes Ongoing #4
  • G.I. JOE, Vol. 5
  • G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #169
  • G.I. Joe: Special Missions, Vol. 4

Findout more about each solicitation, after the jump.
Original Source: IDW August 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #308
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The 2011 Canadian 80s Toy Expo will be Sunday, July 31st, 2011 at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre - 6750 Mississauga Road, in Mississauga, Ontario. With this new location comes free parking for all attendees!

The show features a huge selection of vintage 80s toys and all the latest toy releases from today; Canada's largest dealer room for 80s toy related merchandise consisting of dealers selling G.I. Joe (vintage and modern), Super Heroes (Marvel, DC etc), Star Wars (new and vintage), Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Masters of the Universe (vintage and classics), Wrestling, and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles.

Plus question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests (TBA), a costume contest and fan discussion panels. For more details go to the Canadian 80s Toy Expo website, follow 80s Toy Expo on Twitter or find 80s Toy Expo on Facebook.

If you are staying at the hotel you can book your hotel room via the TFcon block hotel reservation website.
Original Source: 2011 Canadian 80s Toy Expo - July 31st - Mississauga, Ontario - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #309
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Original Source: Sideshow Collectibles G.I. Joe May Updates - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #310
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's the weekend, so it must be time for the latest issue of Ages 25 & Up! This week, in Issue #140 entitled Arcade Hoops Reignited, Lady Jaye and Destro settle their differences...on a basketball court, of all places!

Who will get swept? Who will make it in to the next round? Join us after the jump and see for yourself!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #140 - Arcade Hoops Reignited! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #311
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member crespo has scored the GI Joe Cycle Armor With Ashiko, recently released in Asia. A boxed sample turned up back in January. Since this set has now been released at retail in Asia, could it be on the way to the US soon?

In the meantime, check out more images of this "new" Pursuit Of Cobra vehicle after the jump!
Original Source: Cycle Armor With Ashiko Released In Asia - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #312
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member mswi made this custom Cobra-La group.
Custom figures include, Pythona, Golobulus, Royal Guard(X2) and Cobra Commander(pre-mutated).

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra La Group - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #313
ThundeRSS

Quote:
If you are into G. I Joe Comic Books, this guy needs no introduction. Larry Hama; the man who gave his best to give us some awesome Comic Books.

Take a look at this short interview Watchmojo did with Mr. Hama...
Original Source: WatchMojo Interview With Larry Hama - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #314
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the weekly roundup of news from our sister sites:To catch up on all the news that broke last week, read on!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws Roundup 5/23/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #315
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member Kuukuuson has sent us the following update on his RAHC Guide:

Hi all! It's been a while since there's been an update so here it is. Have you missed the graphic e-mails? Well check out the fully operational website at www.rahcguide.com. Not only does it have the information on how to order the R.A.H.C. Guide and links to online discussions; it now has reviews, interviews, previews and many other features to really get a good look at the Guide if you haven't already purchased one. Again, supplies are limited and sales have been better than expected so get yours while supplies last. In fact, sales have been so good that I want to give a big shout out to all the international collectors out there as I never expected to do this much overseas shipping! It's great to see G.I. Joe travel the globe!

Remember, if you want a copy of this comprehensive guide, email Kuukuuson at rahc.guide@gmail.com!
Original Source: RAHC Guide Site Up - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #317
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank presents you a preview for COBRA #1, scheduled for release tomorrow, Wednesday May 25th 2011.

COBRA #1
Mike Costa (w) • Antonio Fuso (a) • Zach Howard x 3 (c)
The “COBRA CIVIL WAR” begins in earnest! COBRA COMMANDER IS DEAD… long live COBRA Commander! The only problem is... there are NINE candidates for the job, and with each more treacherous than the last... who knows how long ANY of them will live?! The BARONESS kicks some tail, BLACKLIGHT battles Joe forces, and SERPENTOR has a secret that could mean the end of G.I. JOE as we know it!
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Preview this issue after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra #1 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #318
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank brings you another advance review, this time for Cobra #1(which can be previewed here)! Now we get a glimpse at the Cobra Civil War from Cobra's perspective.

Read on to see how this issue turned out!
Original Source: HISS Tank Reviews Cobra #1 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #319
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member Cdt Weasel stumbled upon a surprising assortment of toys recently, at a Walmart that had stopped carrying GI Joes! He found Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5!

Found wave 5 at a walmart today that had stopped carrying joes. Best part was they were ringing up at $3.50.

Wave 5:
  • General Hawk
  • Steel Brigade Trooper
  • Blowtorch
  • Cobra Commander
  • Jungle BAT
  • Cobra Trooper

Photographic evidence after the jump! Don't forgrt to post your sightings in our GI Joe Sightings Forum!
Original Source: Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5 Sighted - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #320
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member rebelstryker81 made this custom G.I. Joe LCAC kitbash/scratch build.

"Here's my LCAC, made from the Killer Whale hovercraft cushion. The top is styrene with a few plumbing parts and model kit pieces."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe LCAC - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #321
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We last saw Sideshow's Dusty figure back in October last year, and thanks to GIJOHN we got the heads up that this long awaited figure was on the way. Well, Dusty has finally arrived, and VIPER E7 has posted new images, which you can check out after the jump!
Original Source: Sideshow Dusty Released - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #322
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted a new(albeit small) image of the upcoming Python Patrol Croc Master repaint which is a running change figure for Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 6. Gee, I wonder where that came from?. This figure has not been spotted at retail yet.

The "new" deco has arguably driven up appeal for what is an otherwise plentiful figure from wave 6.
Original Source: Python Patrol Croc Master - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #323
ThundeRSS

Quote:
A few days ago we showed you the solicitations for August 2011 IDW GI Joe Comics, including covers. One cover in particular showed Skystrikers and a Firebat. Well now you can see the art for that cover, sans text, as Tom Feister has posted the text-free cover on Deviantart! He added the following caption:

GI JOE Vol2 #4

A really bad day at GI JOE headquarters.

Check it out after the jump!
Original Source: Skystriker VS Firebat By Tom Feister - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #324
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Big Ken of Toysdaily has posted images of the GI Joe Cycle Armor With Ashiko from the Pursuit Of Cobra line(released in Asia recently). In this set of images we get to see the range of motion for the GI Joe Cycle Armor, and the weapons that come with Ashiko.

Check out all the images after the jump!
Original Source: More Cycle Armor With Ashiko Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #325
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member jordan23 has passed along the UPC codes for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary/GI Joe Renegades bravo vehicles from Walmart:

1. Even if your WallyMart does not carry joes currently you can talk to a manager about trying to get them to carry them. All they have to do is activate the item and order. I did this at my own store (that does not carry joes) and product is in transit.
2. By far the best news: in the system we have 3 new vehicles. All three have a retail of $19.96 and they are described as:
  • GIJ Cobra Hiss Tank Unknown - (UPC#65356965167)
  • GIJOE Vamp Unknown- (UPC#65356960618)
  • GIJOE BLK Dragon Unkown (UPC#65356960617)
***I figure the Unknown is that the pilots/driver are not known currently. No Skystriker currently in system. There are multiple 12inch GIJOE (police, heavy gunner, marine, etc.) with $19.96 retail.

Thanks to jordan23 for the heads up!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Bravo Vehicles Walmart UPC Codes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #326
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to the latest newsletter from site sponsor SmallJoes.com, preorders for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary vehicles will go up on June 1st 2011!

* * * * * * * * * [ SMALLJOES.COM NEWSLETTER ] * * * * * * * * * *
SMALLJOES.COM - GI JOE 3 3/4" Action Figures, Military Toys & Models, Shopping Store Hi folks, we wanted to tell you about some new and pre-order productsas well as some other important news updates for SMALLJOES.COM. GI JOE------ The Pursuit of Cobra wave 5 figure assortment has arrived! This set includes Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander, Blowtorch, Jungle B.A.T.,General Hawk, and Steel Brigade Trooper. You can find them listed here: GI JOE: Pursuit of Cobra Pre-orders for the upcoming GI JOE Skystriker w/ Ace, Black Dragon VTOLw/ Cobra Air Trooper, and VAMP jeep will be listed on June 1st so be sure to check back with us then. Preorder Products

In the meantime, place your orders for Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5!
Original Source: 30th Anniversary Vehicle Preorders Go Up At Smalljoes.com June 1st - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #327
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to Latino Review, GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes may be pushed up from an August 10th 2012 release date, to an earlier summer release date. This is due to Star Trek 2 possibly being pushed back to winter 2012:

Unless the stars and planets align properly, it would be difficult for the writers and Abrams to complete the project in the next thirteen months.

“Don’t be surprised if Paramount and Abrams push back six months at least,” wrote Mike Fleming of Deadline.

If that happens, Paramount has an option to move up the “G.I. Joe” sequel to an earlier summer release date next year.

With reports that Cobra Strikes will not be shot in 3D nor post coverted to 3D, perhaps an earlier release is feasible.
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes Early? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #328
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! Tons of new preorders and new arrivals! From Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5 and more, read on for the entire update!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update- BigBadToyStore May 27th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #329
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Ripper kitbashed this custom G.I. Joe radio control VAMP complete with lights.

"The top of the Vamp is stock. Only the wheels and under carriage have been changed. There are two independent battery packs; one for the motor circuit (beneath the gun mount) and one for the light circuit (underneath the dash). The shovel on the Vamp is useful for reaching the switch for the lights. The lights can be turned off and on via the remote control."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details as well as a short YouTube vid.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Radio Control VAMP With Lights - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #330
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Pursuit of Cobra wave 5 figure assortment has arrived! This set includes Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander, Blowtorch, Jungle B.A.T., General Hawk, and Steel Brigade Trooper. You can find them listed here:

GI JOE: Pursuit of Cobra

Pre-orders for the upcoming GI JOE Skystriker w/ Ace, Black Dragon VTOL w/ Cobra Air Trooper, and VAMP jeep will be listed on June 1st so be sure to check back with us then.

G.I. Joe Preorder Products

We've listed a whole bunch of new GI JOE Comic Books! IDW has changed the GI JOE ongoing series line-up a bit. Beginning with the Cobra Civil War storyline we'll have three ongoing titles: GI JOE, COBRA, and SNAKE- EYES. The first issue of each of these three new titles is now available. Note that we've created new categories for these titles to help you find what you need. Be sure to check out the IDW comics sub-menu category within the GI JOE comics menu category.

Last but not least, the latest issue #166 of the Larry Hama authored "A Real American Hero" classic series is also available now.

GI JOE Comic Books

To view the complete SmallJoes.com Update click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: SMALLJOES.COM NEWSLETTER SPONSOR UPDATE - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #331
ThundeRSS

Quote:
No Memorial Day weekend would be complete without an issue of Ages 25 & Up! This week, in Issue #141 entitled Don't let the door, the Cobra Commander watches as his elaborate revenge scheme is carried out, And trouble is brewing behind the scenes...

Will Lady Jaye score a triple double? Will Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow drawn Technical fouls? Read on to find out!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #141 - Dont let the door - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #332
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Steel Brigade has reviewed Steel Brigade! After years of asking for a GI Joe 25th Anniversary style Steel Brigade figure, and a tease in the form of the PIT Commando from the Rise Of Cobra line, we finally got a modernized Steel Brigade figure in the Pursuit Of Cobra line! To say that Steel Brigade has been looking forward to Steel Brigade would be an understatement.

Without further ado, read on for the review!
Original Source: Steel Brigade Reviews Steel Brigade - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #333
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Initially scheduled for release last year in the Pursuit Of Cobra line, Jungle Assault Cobra Commander was later canceled, with the body reused for Cobra Commander in Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5.

Sure the newest Cobra Commander features a more recognizable, traditional look. Sure the more recognizable stuff tends to be more popular. Yet canceled items oft attract the attention of collectors who like "what could've been". Steel Brigade has reviewed the canceled Jungle Assault Commander, read on to check it out!
Original Source: Canceled Jungle Assault Cobra Commander Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #335
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Steel Brigade has cranked out more reviews, this time for General Hawk from Pursuit Of Cobra! Taking cues from popular First Person Shooters(FPS) such as Call Of Duty, this version of General Hawk stands out compared to previous versions. Significantly more armed and geared for battle, this is the most combat-ready Hawk we've seen yet.

However there's been debate on whether fans like this figure or not. Perhaps a review can help you decide. Read on to check out how Pursuit Of Cobra General Hawk turned out!
Original Source: Pursuit Of Cobra General Hawk Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #336
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the weekly roundup news from our sister sites:Less than a month away from Dark Of The Moon and the news ain't stopping! Captain America toys are out, new comic packs for Marvel Universe fans, a huge a$$ repacked WOLVERINE COMBAT CLAWS GLOVE THING and more! Read on to catch up on news we broke last week!
Original Source: TFW2005 And Toyark Roundup May 31st 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #337
ThundeRSS

Quote:
As evidenced by this thread, it would be a lie to say that the Phantom X19 is an unpopular GI Joe aircraft. In fact, it's arguably the most unique GI Joe fighter ever created. To see the GI Joe A Real American Hero design team take cues from the F-19 concept art...and come up with...THAT(Phantom X-19), is quite impressive to say the least. Definitely one of the most creative takes on the F-19 that this editor has ever seen.

With that said, there's been a customizer around here that's been causing quite an uproar. Which vehicle would be his next canvas? Which. vehicle. would. get.

FIREFLYED?!

Well folks HISS Tank boards member fireflyed has done justice to the almighty Phantom X19. The Phantom X19 has been FIREFLYED! 24 LEDs. A slick paint job. A VIDEO.
Original Source: Phantom X19 Fireflyed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #338
ThundeRSS

Quote:
General Hawk has posted a review of a preproduction Black Dragon VTOL from GI Joe Renegades. What this bravo vehicle lacks in size, it makes up for in wing-span. It noticeably lacks the size of the giant version seen in the show. Nonetheless, watch the video to see how it turned out:
Original Source: Black Dragon VTOL Sneak Peek - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #339
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Amazon has posted 2 new Trade Paperback(TPB) entries for the upcoming G. I. Joe related comic books.

G.I. Joe Omnibus Volume 1
G.I. Joe Volume 1: Cobra Civil War

You can findout more info, after the jump.
Original Source: Amazon Trade Paperbacks - Cobra Civil War And Omnibus - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #340
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's the latest update from one of our sponsors, BigBadToyStore! As noted, Joel and the gang have officially posted pre-order links for upcoming classics such as the G.I.Joe SkyStriker XP-21F, VAMP, Black Dragon VTOL and more!

-------------
NEW PREORDERS
-------------

GI JOE SKYSTRIKER JET WITH PILOT
This fantastic 3.75" scale vehicle from the 80's is getting reissued with
new details and more. The original was a staple of the cartoon series as
well as a prized part of collections; this version comes with a pilot
figure and we have it listed at $37.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

GI JOE MIDSIZE VEHICLES SERIES 01 - CASE, SINGLES
This 3.75" scale vehicle assortment includes the Black Dragon VTOL and the
GI Joe VAMP. Each vehicle comes with a driver and is priced singly at
$24.99 and $21.99 respectively; we also have them available as a case of
2, priced at $44.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...cles+Series+01

GI JOE 12" ULTIMATE ARMY PARATROOPER
The new 12" Army Paratrooper comes with a 1/6 scale parachute for action
play, and also includes accessories like a helmet and goggles, tactical
assault rifle, combat knife and more. We have this new 12" figure priced
at $28.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...99&mode=retail

GI JOE 12" REAL AMERICAN HERO SERIES 01 - CASE, SINGLES
Hasbro's line of 12" figures continues with the Real American Hero series
of real-life figures. The first assortment includes an Army Heavy Gunner,
a Rapid Strike Commando, a First Responder Firefighter and a Police K-9
Unit with dog and handler. These figures of real heroes are listed at
$23.99 each, or you can pick up the case of four at $84.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...Hero+Series+01
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update - BBTS 06/01/11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #341
ThundeRSS

Quote:
A couple of days ago we got wind that that the Fall 2011 GI Joe Vehicles would be available for preorder at site sponsor SmallJoes.com on June 1st, and well, the PREORDERS ARE NOW UP:Head on over to place your orders now!
Original Source: Smalljoes.com Fall 2011 Vehicle Preorders Up Now - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #342
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI Joe 2011 Q&A Round 2 Answers

1) Will the environmental themes from poc continue in the 30th anniversary line, like arctic threat, jungle assault, etc.

A) We've decided to move away from the environmental themes for the 30th anniversary.

2) What trends does the design department follow when making designs? current military uniforms, game designs, etc? is there a preference?

A) In GI Joe Design, we draw our influence from Modern Military, but also relevant pop-culture sources. We all love video games, and modern action films, and it shows in our work. We infuse these elements because we know they will propel GI Joe forward - not only for our loyal fans, but for a new audience of kids and teems as well.

3) Will Walmart be carrying the full 30th Anniversary lineup?

A) That is currently the plan.
Original Source: GI Joe 2011 Q&A Round 2 Answers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #343
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member frenXy has posted a review for the HISS Attack Scout. At JoeCon 2011, Hasbro stated that this vehicle and the GI Joe Cycle Armor would be released online. With the news that alpha vehicles now carry Non Carry Forward(NCF) status at Target(thanks for the info kennywr22!), perhaps going online is your best bet to get one. However, some Walmart stores have been getting GI Joe back, and there are tags still on shelf for alpha vehicles(after the spring reset).

Nonetheless, check out the review, and see how the HISS Attack Scout turned out!
Original Source: HISS Attack Scout Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #344
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With summer heating up, Dark Of The Moon on the way before the end of the month, Botcon 2011 this past weekend, et al, there was lots of news to be found on our sister sites this past week. Read on to check out what went down at:last week!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup June 6th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #345
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member GenHawk has posted images of a canceled statue by Diamond Select, a statue of Destro! Here's more info:

These are pictures of maybe two paint samples that exist of the unproduced Destro statue by Diamond Select Toys. It is a very nice piece and the detail is great. I love the blue print of the GI Joe Headquarters.

I was given this because I am a Joe fan and no one working at DST was really that interested in it.

Sure this item was canceled, but check out more images of "what could've been" after the jump!
Original Source: Canceled Destro Statue - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #346
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Variety has reported that Dwayne Johnson, AKA The ROCK, will be playing Roadblock in GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes:

Fresh off "Fast Five," Dwayne Johnson is back in action, talking with Paramount about a role in the sequel to "G.I. Joe." Jon Chu, who brought "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" to the world, is directing the 3D update, titled "G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes." Johnson will play Roadblock, one of the most prominent African-Americans in the G.I. Joe canon, and among the biggest and strongest. Besides being a heavy machine-gunner, Roadblock is an aspiring gourmet chef. So ... do you smell what the Rock is cookin'?

Apparently Paramount and Hasbro smell what The ROCK is cooking, but do you? What do you think of him as Roadblock, a JOE or JOEbroni?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes Roadblock Is The ROCK - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #347
ThundeRSS

Quote:
What a week it's been! This past week we saw Steel Brigade review "himself", Fireflyed's unique take on the already unique and venerable Phantom X-19, saw how the new General Hawk figure turned out, and some new comic book listings.

Hisstank
Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup June 6th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #348
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member 1337W422102 has passed along his newest installment of "Ages 25 And Up". This one is titled "Jonesing". Read on to check it out!
Original Source: Ages 25 And Up #142 - Jonesing - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #349
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got a preview for GI Joe A Real American Hero #167, scheduled for release tomorrow, Wednesday June 8th 2011.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #167
Larry Hama (w) S L Gallant (a) Gallant, Herb Trimpe (c)
After last issue’s tremendous sea battle, the fight between G.I. Joe and Cobra cools down… literally! While the Baroness and Destro make their way to Scotland, G.I. Joe launches a new operation and heads to the cold to stave off a Cobra threat. Don’t miss the exciting adventures of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Read on to preview the new issue!
Original Source: GI Joe A Real American Hero #167 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #350
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member daremo is back with another Kumite custom contest...Kumite II !
Currently there is a voting thread where you can place your bet to see who makes it to the end...choose the right custom as your bet and you could win $50.00 !!!

"At the end of the tournament, everyone that correctly ‘bets’ on the fighter who becomes the Kumite Champion will have their names entered into a drawing. The winner of the drawing will receive a $50.00 Visa Gift Card.

Only Hisstank members who joined on or before 4.30.11 may place a bet."

Head over to the thread and place your bet NOW by clicking the Discuss button.
Original Source: Custom Contest Kumite II - Place Your Bet - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe