TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #201
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
News is coming in from the G.I. Joe Club roundtable panel at JoeCon 2011.
  • Doing a subscription based figure set much like Matty Collector.
  • 6 month trial
  • 2 figures per month
  • If you subscribe you get a bonus figure
  • 13 figures total with 6 month subscription
  • All figures are carded
  • Cancelled Nano-BAT from ROC and Quarell are first 2 figs
Original Source: News from the G.I. Joe Club Round Table at Joecon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #202
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high res images of 2011 and 2012 30th Anniversary celebration main line G.I. Joe Figures. Included are:
  • Data Viper
  • Hazard Viper
  • Kwinn
  • Lifeline
  • Sci Fi
  • Sgt. Stalker
  • Toxo Viper
  • Zombie Viper
Original Source: G.I. Joe 2011 and 2012 Figures - JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #203
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high resolution images of the upcoming G.I. Joe Sky Striker and the San Diego Comic Con Sky Striker with Cobra Commander, repainted in a Starscream deco.

Images have been manually adjusted to try and show a bit more detail. Lighting was a bitch!

More images uploaded at 2:50 PM - at the end of the gallery thumbnails on full story page.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Sky Striker and SDCC Starscream Sky Striker Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #204
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out some images of the JoeCon 2011 G.I. Joe customs display area. There is a ton of great work here, enjoy!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Con 2011 Customs Display Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #205
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Moviehole has posted an article which has revealed the following for GI Joe 2:
  • Filming in Louisiana starting in August
  • The cast is a mostly all new lineup of characters
This info emerged during a recent casting call for the movie. Speaking of new characters, one named Cross was mentioned; Cross Country anyone? More info:

One of those new characters is ‘Cross‘, described to agents as being ‘Male; 25-35 years old; any ethnicity; a soldier.’

Could it truly be Cross Country? Do you want him to be in the upcoming movie?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Goes Cross Country - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #206
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to sister site TFW2005 for reporting that 2005 boards member Monzo has just come back from JoeCon 2011 where he attended the "Treasures Of Hasbro Archives" panel, hosted by Rik Alvarez and other Hasbro employees such as John Warden. Alvarez revealed quite a surprising abandoned concept, a repainted Omega Supreme for a crossover line between Transformers and GI Joe! Here's more details:

"According to Rik, these are parts of an Omega Supreme that were redecoed and intended for release in the G.I. Joe toyline. In what manner, as a character or parts of a non-living vehicle, he didn't say; the phrasing of his following statement, where he was going to look into "an actual crossover between the G.I. Joe and Transformer toylines", makes the Joemega Supreme situation seem a bit nebulous."

That wasn't the only shocker. It turns out that at one point, the GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra was actually going to have a female figure, paired with a Transformer too! This set was of Arctic Baroness With Ravage(or rather, Ravage but not Ravage):

"There were plans for an arctic Rise of Cobra Baroness figure that would have come with a robot panther companion -"maybe Ravage, maybe not" said Rik, but John Warden consistently denied that it was going to be Ravage. In any case, the use of Ravage design cues was intentional, though Rik sadly noted that the G1 weapons did not work with it.

They did not actually show any pictures of the Arctic Baroness, with the robot panther being photoed next to a test shot of Dial-Tone that Rik used for scale representation in every picture he took. Neither the Baroness or the robot panther were tooled, with the panther in the photo being the only one in existence.
"

With even more files to sift through in the archive, could we see more abandoned GI Joe VS Transformers concepts at Botcon 2011?
Original Source: GI Joe Omega Supreme And Arctic Baroness With Ravage - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #207
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
According to Nickandmore

“The Hub is moving premiere episodes of Transformers: Prime, G.I. Joe Renegades and Hubworld to Saturdays, instead of their previous Friday premiere timeslots.

Hubworld will air new episodes on Saturdays at 4 p.m. ET starting April 9. Transformers Prime will have premiere episodes on Saturdays at 7 p.m. ET starting April 9 as well. G.I. Joe Renegades will return with premieres on Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. ET starting April 16.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Renegades Moved To A Saturday Timeslot - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #208
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member WeaponXCustoms made this Sideshow inspired custom G.I. Joe POC Dusty.

"I owe Sideshow for the inspiration for this guy, I don't collect 12" Joes but I love what they are doing with that series."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe POC Dusty - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #209
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Amazon has posted preorder listings for the following upcoming trade paperbacks:Here's the product description for GI Joe Volume 5(due out September 6th 2011):

The concluding volume to the first major story arc in IDW's critically acclaimed relaunch of the G.I. JOE mythos! Snake Eyes and Agent Helix battle alone in a snake pit of COBRA agents deep in the heart of the arctic. The Baroness and Destro finish their work on the M.A.S.S. Device, making COBRA a dominant force on Earth. And General Hawk, Duke, and Scarlett battle for their lives in the final chapter of M.A.S.S. DESTRUCTION!

For GI Joe Special Missions Volume 4(due out August 30th 2011):

The end is in sight for Special Missions! Volume 4 collects issues #22-28, wrapping up the series that went into the darker, more realistic war-time situations that G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero couldn't touch. Features stories including "Decisions," "Scoop," "Passing of the Guard," and the finale, "Condor."
Original Source: GI Joe Special Missions Volume 4 TPB And GI Joe Volume 5 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #210
ThundeRSS

Quote:
What a week it's been leading up up to JoeCon! From Leonardo Di Bonaventura leaving GI Joe 2 to Renegades Storm Shadow possibly getting a new costume to the Saturday sneak panel where Hasbro revealed some surprising new toys, we kicked off April with an exciting start. Below is our roundup of what happened throughout last week!
Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup 4/5/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #211
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Seething with anticipation to get your hands on a copy of Kuukuuson's RAHC Guide? Well the wait is over folks, if you weren't able to get a copy at JoeCon 2011, Kuukuuson has provided details on how you can get one right now!

Hi gang, the moment is finally here! I'm not going to set up a fancy lil e-mail, just type out the bare basics so please visit www.rahcguide.com to catch up on all the fan reviews of the R.A.H.C. Guide on your favorite message boards!!

With that being said, the cost of the book is $40 with $5 shipping and handling. Payment can be paypal-ed via kuukuuson@hotmail.com.

You may send the payment as a gift but if you choose not to, please allow paypal to adjust your payment to accommodate paypal fees. Orders will be held until total payment is made and you will be notified of any additional costs. When you send your paypal payment, please include your address and any specific information for your order in the paypal notification as that is how I will be keeping track of your order. I will copy and paste the address so please make sure it's correct. I will gladly entertain international orders so please contact me here (rahc.guide@gmail.com) so I can look into how much shipping is to your location.

I am very excited to provide this book for you and can't wait to hear your response! Please remember that not only is this guide self published in limited quantities, it is being processed and shipped by myself and might take some time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

James "KuuKuuSon" Kavanaugh Jr.

James has put a lot of effort and devotion into this project, a commendable effort that shed light on a vital era for GI Joe that has been overlooked for quite sometime.
Original Source: RAHC Guide Order Info - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #212
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Over at our sister site The Toyark the staff has been doing extensive work behind the scenes, and today is the day where we get to finally reveal the fruits of our labor! The entire site has been given a facelift. There's more beneath the surface though, as the forum structure has been overhauled, with new features and more:

New Theme & Logo

We upgraded the color scheme and logo of the site. Now, you can actually see the whole thing . We've moved away from the red and black, as that's being used in other places around the network, and thought Toyark should have a feel of it's own. Say hello to Black and Yellow (and blue and gray)!

We also have put image links on the right sidebar to the core areas of the site - Marvel, DC, MOTU, Star Wars. Links to both news and the forums. Easy to jump in from anywhere on the site now.

We have also reverted to a more traditional forum layout. Name, Avatar on the left. System links up top. Login box on top right. Just like all the other sites you are used to.

New Forum Structure

News and Rumors

We have moved to a method for news, and discussion of news, that we use on the other network sites. There is now a Toy and Action Figure News and Rumors forum. All discussion related to news that shows up on the front page will be posted there. If you guys find news around the web, related to toys, you can start a new thread in there. We will scan that forum, and front page anything you find before we do, with credit of course.

One Line Per Thread

To help consolidate the scattered discussion around the site, we took a page from the TFW2005's "Mother Toyark" forum and created a "One Line Per Thread" sub forum. For each toy line, there will be one thread. This forum will be listed alphabetically, and all new threads will be moderated by staff before appearing. Don't worry, you can still use AFGD to talk about specific things, but we wanted to give this option for the casual fan who just wants to jump in and out on a specific topic, see some cool pics, and be done.

Featured Toy Lines and Properties

We have separated out what we think are the most important areas of the site: Marvel, DC, MOTU, Star Wars, Video Games/Movies. They are now under their own heading. On top of that, we have expanded their discussion scope. Now, in each of these, you can talk about ALL aspects of those lines. There are sub forums for Toys (same as before) Movies, Comics, and a GD for each. This will allow you to talk about everything Marvel, or everything DC, all in one spot.

Sightings

Sightings have been consolidated. There is one Sightings Forum, and each state has a thread. All toy lines should have their sightings posted in the thread for your State/Area. That way you can follow what's new and where for everything without having to bounce around.

Customs and Fan Art

Now have preview thumbnails when looking at the thread list. So make sure to attach at least one image if you start new threads in there, the people you want to see your stuff like looking at pretty pictures first!

Lots Of Other Things

We also did a lot of other less visible, backend, and small tweaking around the site. Nothing worth spouting off about. One thing of note though - we've pruned our users. All members imported from TFW2005 back in 2008 that have not logged in have been removed. We've also removed all members who signed up themselves, but haven't logged in for over a year. So our registered members have been thoroughly chopped down. But what is left is you, the real members of TOYARK. A clean fresh start for a new fresh layout.

We welcome anyone who had an account removed, or who hasn't signed up yet, to sign up today. You guys are what makes these places on the web special. Why not use this relaunch point for The Toyark to join the action and make us one of your regular stops on the interwebz.

As we kick off the weekend early with the relaunch of Toyark, we'd like to thank all of you for visiting here, and our sister sites!
Original Source: Toyark.com Relaunched With All New Design And Features - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #213
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore!

THE PIT COMMAND CENTER 12" FIGURE ENVIRONMENT
Your GI Joes will have a new action/display space with this new set. It
comes with multiple screens and the ability to set it up in your own style
(at least, it appears to in the pictures), and it is listed at $124.99,
$10 off the MSRP.
The Pit Command Center 12" Figure Environment - GI Joe 12" Sideshow 12" Sideshow

Read on for the complete update!
Original Source: Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore 4/7/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #214
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Well folks we've got some bad news, but great news too! Site sponsor Cobrastickers.com has posted their April update, and while there is a delay, we'll actually end up getting more stuff!

New Sets Delayed, New Sets Expanded

I would like to extend an apology to everyone who is anticipating the release of our new sets. I let the monkey push the button a little bit too early here in the Cobra Stickers Web HQ, but they're on the way.

With the bad news comes some good news: The launch will include more than double the number of new vehicles, some new factions, and some other neat surprises! Details coming soon.

Well there you have it folks! What could the crew at Cobrastickers.com be cooking up?
Original Source: Cobrastickers.com April Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #215
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Original Source: Sideshow Collectibles G.I. Joe April Updates - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #216
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com boards members have submitted 64 of their favorite unproduced G.I. Joe & Cobra Modern Era Characters. We collected the data and placed each entry into the first ever G.I. Joe March Madness Tournament. We are now down to the Final II G.I. Joe and Cobra Characters!

We have searched the HISSTANK.com forums for customs of unproduced figures that have been posted up. Many of these are worthy designs for production. Feel free to discuss version types inside each poll thread.

To cast your votes click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: Cover Girl (ARAH) vs. Zandar G.I. Joe March Madness 2011 Final - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #217
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Mark Bellomo will be attending NJCC as a special guest, promoting his new book, "Totally Tubular '80s Toys". Filled with super rad toys and bodacious memories, this righteous ride back in time when Madonna ruled and Spinal Tap amplifiers went to 11. You'll find everything from He-Man to Cabbage Patch Kids, Trivial Pursuit to Rubik's Cube, Transformers to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe, Pac-Man, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong-as well as lots of fun and smiles.

Mark Bellomo has written more than 150 articles for ToyFare, Wizard Magazine, Lee's Toy Review, Tomart's Action Figure Digest, and most recently for Toy Shop Magazine, where he served a lengthy tenure as their Action Figure Columnist. He has written a number of composition/rhetoric texts, has published critical literary articles, and has authored a number of bestselling books on action figures and pop culture: Warman's Action Figures Field Guide, Transformers: Identification & Price Guide, Warman's Field Guide to Transformers, The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe: 1982-1994 (1st & 2nd editions), and the recently-released Totally Tubular 80’s Toys. Bellomo contributes three chapters each year to Toys & Prices (2007 2011), and has also been featured in The Collectable Spectacle currently posted on YouTube.

Make sure to check out all of Mark Bellomo's Books At Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Mark Bellomo: Books

New Jersey Collectors Con

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill – New Jersey
2175 West Marlton Pike (Rt. 70), Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Sunday, April 17th, 2011

To discuss this topic click the Title Bar!
Original Source: New Jersey Collectors Con Announces Mark Bellomo As Guest! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #218
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Tim 121RVC made this custom G.I. Joe ARAH Shaka Zulu with scratch-built accessories.

Click the Discuss button to see this extensive build, parts list, more pics & all the details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe ARAH Shaka Zulu - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #219
ThundeRSS

Original Source: GI Joe 2011 POC Wave 04 Released In Hong Kong - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #220
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The latest issue of Ages 25 & Up, entitled Artistic Vision, is now online for your viewing pleasure! This week, Cobra Commander shares his plans for World Domination and...epic kids programming? Click on the Title Bar to find out in this edition of A25&U!

Once you've finished the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums by clicking the Discuss Button!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #134 - Bona Fide - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #221
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup 4/11 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #222
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's the round up of non-GI Joe news from our sister sites: TFW2005, Toyark, & Thundercats.ws.

TFW2005ToyarkThundercats.ws
Original Source: TFW2005 Plus Thundercats And Toyark News Roundup 4/11 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #223
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Went to JoeCon 2011 and missed the GI Joecon 2011 Hasbro Archives Panel on Sunday? Didn't go to JoeCon and regretted missing the panel? Well it's the GI Joe Collectors' Club to the rescue as they have uploaded images from the panel! There's quite a number of items that were shown, some revealed publicly for the 1st time! Last week, we showed you the GI Joe Omega Supreme, this week we bring you the other goodies shown at the panel by Rik Alvarez, such as:
  • Rise Of Cobra Howler!
  • Sigma 6 Screaming Eagle Jet with Barrel Roll
  • Pursuit Of Cobra Phantom X-90 which looks like a proposed retooled Sigma 6 Screaming Eagle Jet with all new cockpit, compatible with 4" figures(the Screaming Eagle Jet was 2.5" Mission Scale)
  • Cobra Mobile Command Center for Pursuit Of Cobra which re-used tooling from the Rise Of Cobra PIT
  • Cobra Shredder Tank which was a Mauler repainted for Cobra with Track Viper
  • GI Joe Resolute Hyberjet with Wild Bill & Ripcord
  • GI Joe Resolute USS FLAGG!
  • Sigma 6 Scarlett
  • Sigma 6 Overkill
  • Iron Grenadiers 5 pack
  • Mudfighter costing model
  • Tomahawk ORIGINAL design!
That's not all, there's more, check out the archive images(and an image by the Club of the Pursuit Of Cobra Blowtorch running change variant) after the jump!
Original Source: Rise Of Cobra Howler And Hasbro Archive Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #224
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The latest issue of Ages 25 & Up, entitled Artistic Vision, is now online for your viewing pleasure! This week, Cobra Commander shares his plans for World Domination and...epic kids programming? Click on the Title Bar to find out in this edition of A25&U!

Once you've finished the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums by clicking the Discuss Button!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #134 - Artistic Vision - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #225
ThundeRSS

Quote:
USA Today has posted a lengthy article on G. I. Joe: Cobra Civil War and an exclusive preview.

“The epic IDW Publishing crossover begins Wednesday with a zero issue, which will lead into three rebooted titles next month: G.I. Joe, written by Chuck Dixon and drawn by Javier Saltares; Snake Eyes, by Dixon and artist Robert Atkins; and Cobra, featuring writer Mike Costa with art by Antonio Fuso.

If you've missed out on recent storylines, the Joe team was trying to learn about the mysterious group called Cobra when undercover operative Chuckles assassinated the Cobra Commander — before nuking an entire island, himself included.

Now, nine Cobra candidates are vying to be the next commander, and the winner will be the one man (or woman) who damages the Joes the most.”

You can read the rest of the article here and take a look at the preview mirrored on our news post.
Original Source: USA Today G. I. Joe: Cobra Civil War Article - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #226
ThundeRSS

Quote:
USA Today has posted a lengthy article on G. I. Joe: Cobra Civil War and an exclusive preview.

“The epic IDW Publishing crossover begins Wednesday with a zero issue, which will lead into three rebooted titles next month: G.I. Joe, written by Chuck Dixon and drawn by Javier Saltares; Snake Eyes, by Dixon and artist Robert Atkins; and Cobra, featuring writer Mike Costa with art by Antonio Fuso.

If you've missed out on recent storylines, the Joe team was trying to learn about the mysterious group called Cobra when undercover operative Chuckles assassinated the Cobra Commander — before nuking an entire island, himself included.

Now, nine Cobra candidates are vying to be the next commander, and the winner will be the one man (or woman) who damages the Joes the most.”

You can read the rest of the article here and take a look at the preview mirrored on our news post.
Original Source: USA Today G.I. Joe Cobra Civil War Article - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #227
ThundeRSS

Quote:
IDW will be releasing the following GI Joe Comics tomorrow:
  • Cobra Civil War #0
  • Cobra Commander 100 Page Spectacular
  • GI Joe Cobra #1 Hundred Penny Press Edition
Solicits:

G.I. Joe: Cobra Civil War #0
Chuck Dixon, Mike Costa (w) • Javier Saltares, Antonio Fuso, Agustin Padilla (a) • Tom Feister, Fuso, Gabriele Dell’Otto (c)
COBRA CIVIL WAR BEGINS HERE! The Commander is dead! Long live… Cobra Commander?! But the questions is, who will BE the NEXT Cobra Commander?! The role of Commander must be filled—now the most lethal and cunning Cobra operatives will COMPETE TO REIGN SUPREME. The winner—he who kills the most G.I. JOES—will take the reins of COBRA! Bonus: Ninja Force!!!!! Yeah, baby! 30 big pages of story at regular price! This is the place to jump on board and see what everyone’s been talking about!
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 basis
FC • 40 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• The next great G.I. Joe storyline begins here!
• The hunt for the new Cobra Commander will run through all three new G.I. Joe series beginning with next month’s three debuts: G.I. Joe #1, Cobra #1, and Snake Eyes #1!

G.I. Joe: Cobra Commander Tribute 100-Page Spectacular
Mike Costa & Christos N. Gage, various (w) • Antonio Fuso, various (a) • Fuso (c)
Featuring a new cover by Fuso, this issue reprints the instant classic: G.I. JOE: COBRA #12—The Death of Cobra Commander! It also contains new insights from major Cobra and G.I. Joe players on what the demise of the Commander might mean for them and the world, creator interviews, and more, along with classic Cobra Commander tales from the past! Contains bonus poster of the Kill Shot!
FC • 100 pages • $7.99

Bullet Points:
• The unexpected kick-off to Cobra Civil War began in G.I. Joe: Cobra #12, now hard to find and much talked about. And reprinted here!
• 100 pages, including many new file pages that give insight to the coming Cobra Civil War, for a low price!
Best of Cobra Commander TPB offered as a free incentive

G.I. Joe: Cobra #1 Hundred Penny Press Edition
Christos Gage, Mike Costa (w) • Antonio Fuso (a) • Howard Chaykin (c)
His name is Chuckles. He's the Joes' top undercover agent. And he's just infiltrated a top secret, highly organized terrorist organization... one the Joes aren't familiar with... one with a snake motif. As Chuckles is pulled deeper and deeper into the dark underbelly of Cobra, where one misstep means death, can he pull off the ultimate deception and bring them down from within?
FC • 32 pages • $1.00

Preview Cobra Civil War #0 & the Cobra Commander 100 Page Spectacular after the jump!
Original Source: IDW GI Joe Previews For April 13th - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #228
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank presents you with another advance review, this time for Cobra Civil War #0! This 30 page issue is split into 3 sections, focusing on:Barbeque and other Joes investigate Springfield, Krake comes to town, Crystal Ball makes an appearance, and Ninja Force shows up, albeit very briefly. At the beginning of the year, IDW laid out their plans for Cobra Civil War. Read on to read the review for Cobra Civil War #0!
Original Source: HISS Tank Reviews Cobra Civil War #0 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #229
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member W.O. leroy keeps his Cobra troops in shape with his custom Cobra Training Camp Dio.

Fun in the sun !...now drop and give me 50 !

Original Source: Custom Cobra Training Camp Dio - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #230
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Deadbolt had a chat with G. I. Joe 2 director Jon Chu about what we can expect from the sequel.

"Well, for Joe, I grew up playing with G.I. Joes and watching Joe and reading the comics of Joe. It means so much to me. To me, it’s one of the few brands that has a soul, a multi-generational soul, where it’s about what it means to be a leader in the community, in your home, with your friends, and what it means to be a leader and a hero. I think that’s an important message right now in the world when everyone’s kind of questioning what it means to be the leader of the world.

I think it’s not just another action movie. Maybe the first one was that, but we’re really trying to break it down and take the shine off and show that my Joes were the ones in the mud, the sand and the trees and in the epic worldwide adventures. Each one had individual talents. So we really want to bring the experience of what I grew up with playing with these toys. What it feels like so that kids now can be reintroduced to the Joes and experience it in a different way. This is like down and dirty Joe for me."

And yes, he did said something about doing an Action Film considering his background (as a dance film director). Take a look at what he said, after the jump.
Original Source: Director Jon Chu Talks G. I. Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #231
ThundeRSS

Quote:
NJCC 2011 adds Dan Khanna as guest Transformers artist. Dan started his Transformers career as a fan artist, creating commissioned drawings of Transformers characters and action scenes. He gained fame in the community, and has since become part of the creative team for the new Fun Publications-run Fan Club and conventions, illustrating and plotting Club & BotCon comics as well as designing heads and character mock-ups for exclusive toys. Check out this sick G.I. Joe vs. Transformers art Dan Khanna has provided for this weekends show!

G.I. Joe vs Transformers Destro & Devastator Team Up by Dan Khanna

NJCC 2011 G.I. Joe Vs. Transformers Volume II

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill – New Jersey
2175 West Marlton Pike (Rt. 70), Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Early Admission 8am to 10am $20.00
General Admission 10am to 4pm $10.00

More Updates Coming Soon……
Original Source: NJCC 2011 Dan Khanna As Guest Artist! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #232
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's the latest newsletter from site sponsor BigBadToyStore!

GI JOE 2011 CLUB EXCLUSIVE 3.75" SEA ADVENTURER WITH MINI SUBMARINE
This set includes a 3.75" scale version of the Sea Adventurer figure from
the 1970's along with a scale submarine for him to ride in. We have this
item listed at $54.99.
GI Joe 2011 Club Exclusive 3.75" Sea Adventurer with Mini Submarine - GI Joe 2010 - 2011 GI Joe Exclusives

View the latest preorders and newest arrivals after the jump!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore 4/14/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #233
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles, via their newsletter has revealed their GI Joe exclusive for San Diego Comic Con 2011; the Cobra Ninja Viper! It borrows parts from the Red Ninja with deco inspired by the original Ninja Viper of the GI Joe A Real American Hero line(although the colors are substantially more drab now).

Take a closer look after the jump!
Original Source: Sideshow Cobra Ninja Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #234
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Earlier today we got more details regarding Jon Chu's plans for GI Joe 2, and now we've got more thanks to Box Office Magazine. Chu does not want his inexperience to be the thing that holds GI Joe 2 back. Surprisingly, this interview, quite possibly contains the most commentary we've heard from Chu yet(with regards to the upcoming sequel).

I was always a fan of Joe. I grew up with Joe. I had all the toys and I had epic adventures - they'd be burned, they'd be in mud, they'd be hidden in the couch. I loved them. I'm convinced I learned the beginning of my storytelling from playing with toys, no doubt. And it's hard for me to put down any filmmaker's work because I know how hard it is to make a movie, and I never want to do that; just to be able to get it done is an incredible feat in itself. But there's something about G.I. Joe that has history, that has a soul, and there's very few brands have a soul. Like the Boy Scouts has something to do with America, even Mickey Mouse, even Apple has a soul to it. And Joe has a soul. And I've never felt like I've had a movie of Joe of where I can taste my childhood right there.

So when I found out they were doing a second one, I [told Paramount] you've got to do this one the way we've always wanted to see - and they were like, what do you mean? And there's a reality to Joe, there's like a grittiness to Joe; when I would burn them and their arm would fall off, the story would revolve around the guy whose arm fell off. It was about how each figurine had their own special accessory that was a part of their identity. It wasn't just brushing them aside, like, oh this group of guys, let's go attack that thing, and they have a cool car! It was always that detail, that grittiness that I feel like if Joe had it in there, it would be a totally different movie and have a totally different feel. So I approached them about what that would be like, and they loved the idea. And they had a script that was close, and we're going now in and making it the way it should be. And the script they have is really good, actually, so we now want to build in a few more things that will make it even better.

In addition to his intent to make a movie reminiscent of the GI Joe we are familiar with from childhood, he also commented on Rachel Nichols' comments on who is returning for GI Joe 2:

I guess one of the actors tweeted that "oh, a bunch of these people aren't going to be in it," but I just got on the project so I don't know where she is getting her information. I know that I want to give a new attitude to this movie, and I don't know what that entails, but we're in it now so we'll find out, I guess.

Read on for more of Chu's comments. Do you think he's got what it takes to take on GI Joe 2? Will the sequel be a "step up" over Rise Of Cobra?
Original Source: Gritty GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #235
ThundeRSS

[quote]
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #236
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Hub was suppose to show the promo for their next G. I. Joe: Renegades episode “Shipwrecked”, but ended up accidentally showing the promo for “Castle Destro”

Watch it on Hasbro-Discovery Hub Official YouTube Page before it gets taken down.

Enjoy!

Description (on the YouTube video)
This Saturday the Joes transport a bio-viper canister taken from Cobra's lab, but things go wrong on the journey.

Can the Joes escape Destro's clutches before it's too late? Find out tomorrow on "G.I. Joe Renegades" at 7:30 PM ET/4:30 PM PT!
Original Source: G I Joe: Renegades Castle Destro Episode Promo Accidentally Leaked - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #237
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to Nola.com, GI Joe 2 now has a title; GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes!

"The sequel to 2009's effects-laden action film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" -- which is at least for now titled "G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes" --appears to be ready to begin shooting in the Crescent City on Aug. 1, with the nearly four-month shoot continuing through late November.
On Friday afternoon, the state's office of film and video reported the production was preparing to come to Louisiana. Then, at about 2:30 p.m., it issued a retraction at the studio's request, saying no site had been officially selected. It did say, however, that the studio was "seriously considering" Louisiana.

Rumors of the production's interest in New Orleans have been circulating for a few weeks now, and an official annoucement that it is coming could be made within weeks.
"

In addition, it's been reported that Ray Park will reprise his role as Snake Eyes:

"Wherever the production takes place, Channing Tatum is set to reprise his role as Capt. Duke Hauser, and Ray Park is back on board as Snake Eyes"

So what do you think of the new title?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #238
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here’s the G. I. Joe Renegades Episode #16 “Shipwrecked” promo that HUB got mixed-up with “Castle Destro”. Enjoy!
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Renegades: Episode 16 Shipwrecked Promo Clip - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #239
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Claws of ACTOYS has posted new images of the Cobra Viper from Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 6. These images give us an up close look at the newest version of the Viper. In addition, there are photos comparing this "new" Viper with the:All 3 versions of the Viper are similar, yet in some ways, very different. See for yourself after the jump! Say, this talk of Vipers reminds us of a certain canceled troop builder multipack. Would you like to see the Pursuit Of Cobra version of the venerable Cobra Viper in a multipack? How about a figure of Mercer based on it?
Original Source: Pursuit Of Cobra Viper Up Close - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #240
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Onlyforbsb of ACTOYS has posted an extensive look at the new Snake Eyes Temple Guardian figure from Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 6. This figure is a repaint of the canceled Resolute Training Snake Eyes which surfaced nearly 2 years ago. This figure has substantially more weapons than the original canceled version, retaining the hook swords from Valor VS Venom Storm Shadow, and including all new swords with dual scabbards! In addition, Temple Guardian Snake Eyes comes with masks for:
  • Slice
  • Dice
Check out the newest version of the silent ninja commando after the jump!
Original Source: Temple Guardian Snake Eyes Detailed Look - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #241
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Hard-master made this custom Cobra Pythona from the following...

"Head= Aurra Sing
entire body= MU Black Widow
Cloak= Darth Maul"

Original Source: Custom Cobra Pythona - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #242
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The next NJCC 2011 kicks off tomorrow Sunday April 17th! We wanted to let you know about our awesome door prize give-aways. Door Prizes will be raffled off throughout the day. Every attendee will have a chance to win! Each General Admission ticket will receive one raffle ticket. Double your chances and arrive early! Each Early Admission ticket will receive two raffle tickets. Some of our Door Prizes include:
  • Exclusive Carded 25th anniversary Dial-Tone
  • Transformers Prime Lytho Toy Fair Exclusive
  • JoeCon 2011 Exclusives
  • ROC G.I. Joe ROSS Exclusives
  • Transformers Classics & many more.....
Don't forget to "like" NJCC on Facebook and be sure to RSVP "I'm attending" to the NJCC event! "Check-in" with your smartphone to the Holiday Inn Cherry Hill and give a shout-out that you're attending NJCC.

New Jersey Collectors Convention On Facebook
Original Source: NJCC April 2011 G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Toy Show Kicks Off Tomorrow - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #243
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We have with us, the list of IDW July 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations.

Got some great titles for Joe fans to enjoy.
  • G.I. JOE #3
  • COBRA #3
  • SNAKE EYES #3
  • G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #168
  • G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO, VOL. 2
  • CLASSIC G.I. JOE, VOL. 12

Take a look at the synopsis and the cover art for each comic book, after the jump.
Original Source: IDW July 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #244
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HissTank News Roundup - 04/18/11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #245
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup - 04/11/11 Through 04/17/11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #246
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's our weekly news round-up from our sister site, TFW2005:

TFW2005

Original Source: TFW2005 News Round-Up 04/11 through 04/17 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #247
ThundeRSS

Original Source: ToyArk and Thundercats News Round-Up: 04/11 through 04/17 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #248
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HissTank.com Forum Member paraviper shared some interesting information with us today regarding the possible DPCI and MSRP for the upcoming 30th Anniversary G.I.Joe Sky Striker.

The item comes up in the system as GI Joe Skystriker with figure. DPCI is 087-06-1686 Price point is 34.99.

As noted, this appears to be roughly $5 over MSRP, but still a great price for what's sure to be a hot ticket item later this year.

We'll treat this as speculation until confirmed, but until then, sound off: Do you think $34.99 is a decent price for the Sky Striker with Ace? Join us for the discussion already in progress after the jump!
Original Source: HissTank Rumor Mill - Sky Striker MSRP & DPCI? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #249
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thought you saw everything at the JoeCon 2011 Hasbro Archives Panel? Well you didn't! However, thanks to HISS Tank boards member This I Command!, we can now see the canceled Steel Brigade 5 Pack! This set included certain Joe team members as Steel Brigade trainers. Some items seem better on paper than in execution. So would you like to see this set of kit bashed Steel Brigade figures at retail? Take a closer look after the jump!
Original Source: Steel Brigade 5 Pack - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #250
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI Joe A Real American Hero #165 is out today and we've got a preview for you!

G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO # 165
Larry Hama (w) • S L Gallant (a) • Herb Trimpe, Rod Whigham (c)
The exciting DARK SNAKE EYES saga concludes here! Will Snake Eyes finally defeat Dr. Venom's programming and return to the Joes? Can even Storm Shadow stop him if he doesn't? What will be the fate of Billy and the Brainwave Scanner? All these questions and more will be answered in this incredible issue of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*Variant:
Larry Hama sketch cover

Preview the new issue after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe Real American Hero #165 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe