Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Ep 13 - Between Brothers Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=8424)

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27789)
Yep, they haven't seen each other since they were kids, Tygra is a very different person now.

Think how is happen. He showed her where the clerics were, he watched her, and he gave her a flower.

They need more than that.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27795)
Agree.

He wants everything that lion-o has.

why cuz tygra's a jealous,little ungrateful,rude,and sarcastic jerkweed

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27793)
It happens all the time.

Men fight over women all the time.

The mature thing to do was for tygra as a 20 year old adult should have walked away. He saw what they had. He should have been the older adult.

I have been there and done that.

so your arguments are basically "people do it all the time so it's ok " and "He should walk away from the girl he likes because his younger brother has a crush on her too."

right.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27799)
so your arguments are basically "people do it all the time so it's ok " and "He should walk away from the girl he likes because his younger brother has a crush on her too."

right.

Right.

It is the mature thing to do. Since you think lion-o should just get over it unlike your man tyra.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 27798)

Agree.

His motive is jealousy. One of the deadly sins.

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27797)
Think how is happen. He showed her where the clerics were, he watched her, and he gave her a flower.

They need more than that.

They gave 0 build up to T/C, the writers couldn't possibly be that lazy. The writers put all their romantic effort into L/C for a reason.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 27742)
I knew about all that comment long before Balgus82 mentioned it. It's all late on the info.:D

We are joking around with the pool, but it seems someone has taken that "too seriously":D

They have to use that to argue with.

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27800)
Right.

It is the mature thing to do. Since you think lion-o should just get over it unlike your man tyra.

I never said that Tygra shouldn't get over her if she had chosen Lion-O. If Lion-O had won I would expect Tygra to be able to get his stuff together and do what he needs to as well.

Your idea of the "mature thing to do" isn't reasonable. No one's going to give up a girl they've liked for almost a decade just because their kid brother develops a crush on her in a couple months.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27803)
They gave 0 build up to T/C, the writers couldn't possibly be that lazy. The writers put all their romantic effort into L/C for a reason.

and if you dont like it , hey thats your problem

Eclipse 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Hummm... last time I watched the ep., it was Cheetara who went to Tygra, not the other way round. For whatever reason that she did it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27776)
We are not saying he is weak.

What is your job in the real world?

I bet you don't have the pressures of lion-o.

I have a high-pressure job with 20+ bad-mannered people under my responsibility + big bad boss with big bad bosses himself. Still, nope, I don't have the pressures of Lion-O.

Do you?

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

I really believe that was done so their was closure for tygra. Cheetara never thanked him, she has now. Tygra is now in the right mind set for her to chose lion-o.

cmangund 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

And that's just the beginning:rolleyes:

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

What would Claudus say about his behavior?

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27805)
I never said that Tygra shouldn't get over her if she had chosen Lion-O. If Lion-O had won I would expect Tygra to be able to get his stuff together and do what he needs to as well.

Your idea of the "mature thing to do" isn't reasonable. No one's going to give up a girl they've liked for almost a decade just because their kid brother develops a crush on her in a couple months.

tygra's a player so he shouldnt give a shit. lion-o's Different.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27810)

oohe'd be one mad daddy.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 27807)
Hummm... last time I watched the ep., it was Cheetara who went to Tygra, not the other way round. For whatever reason that she did it.

I have a high-pressure job with 20+ bad-mannered people under my responsibility + big bad boss with big bad bosses himself. Still, nope, I don't have the pressures of Lion-O.

Do you?

She knew lion-o was going to be betrayed by tygra and she thanked him for the flower.

I work in the DoD. I work with Congress and the State department in Forgien Military Sales. I work on billion dollar case.

That is chump change to the pressure of lion-o has.

You just made my point, thanks.:)

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 27807)

Do you?

keep talking

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27813)
She knew lion-o was going to be betrayed by tygra and she thanked him for the flower.

I work in the DoD. I work with Congress and the State department in Forgien Military Sales. I work on billion dollar case.

Right now all Lion-O has to do is search for stones.

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 27811)
tygra's a player so he shouldnt give a shit. lion-o's Different.

Yep. I'm sure once he sees Pumyra he'll move on.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27810)

Any king would've had tygra's head after he kicked lion-o down the pit again.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27817)

I'd teach him a lesson first. (knuckles crack)

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27815)
Right now all Lion-O has to do is search for stones.

On top of everything else. You can't just put everything out of your mind.

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah killing the crown prince is typically frowned upon.

cmangund 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

"we didn't want to drag things out for the sake of dragging them out. At the same time, we wanted to give each moment it's proper due as part of building that sense of epic"

This applies to both Tygra/Cheetara thing and Lion-O/Cheetara thing so illusions or no we get that Ep13 for closure of the flower story. The next one will be on Lion-O/Cheetara angle in the triangle.

That means all the Lion-O/Cheetara moments will not be wasted as he also said "......we wanted to give each moment it's proper due". and that proper due cannot be just friends or brother/sister thing as it will conflict heavily with all of his and the rest of the crew's comments and facts + data , escpecially after they build Lion-O/Cheetra thing from Ep1-13 and not a proper due if that's the case. The worst case will be cheetara not really choosing either brothers like before only now eveything have evolved (Cheetara the brothers and the triangle as a whole).

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27820)

pretty much

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27816)
Yep. I'm sure once he sees Pumyra he'll move on.

I agree.

He probably has a flashback with her too.:D

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

He also would've given Lion-O hell for focusing too much on a girl. Remember how he reacted in the premiere when Lion-O saw the girls outside the throne room?

Eclipse 01-04-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 27806)
and if you dont like it , hey thats your problem

No, DK, sorry... I'm OK whichever way the wind blows. The whole point to this conversation is to discuss your (you and a few others) views on the end of this episode and you don't like it.

You have every right not to like it and valid reasons have been given all around, but it does bother me that Lion-O is portrayed as a weak character and Cheetara as a piece of meat without whom he can't achieve his goals.

To me, that's not cool. It's always been about the team and it should still be about the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnight (Post 27814)
keep talking

Are you trying to be mean, or to stare me down? LOL

And now I have to go fix dinner for the ones who actually own me. I'll read you later or tomorrow.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27824)
He also would've given Lion-O hell for focusing too much on a girl. Remember how he reacted in the premiere when Lion-O saw the girls outside the throne room?

cheap shot

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmangund (Post 27821)
"we didn't want to drag things out for the sake of dragging them out. At the same time, we wanted to give each moment it's proper due as part of building that sense of epic"

This applies to both Tygra/Cheetara thing and Lion-O/Cheetara thing so illusios or no we get that Ep13 for closure of the flower story. The next one will be on Lion-O/Cheetara angle in the triangle.

That means all the Lion-O/Cheetara moments will not be wasted as he also said "......we wanted to give each moment it's proper due". and that proper due cannot be just friends or brother/sister thing as it will conflict heavily with all of his and the rest of the crew's comments and facts + data , and not a proper due if that's the case.

Agreed.

When tygra was getting jealous we didn't really know, until the flashback.

Cheetara closed the loop or they closed that chapter of their life.

If cheetara didn't address tygra about it, he would still have problems getting over it or cheetara would risk tyra betraying lion-o.

Think it as closer to the flashback.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 27825)
No, DK, sorry... I'm OK whichever way the wind blows. The whole point to this conversation is to discuss your (you and a few others) views on the end of this episode and you don't like it.

You have every right not to like it and valid reasons have been given all around, but it does bother me that Lion-O is portrayed as a weak character and Cheetara as a piece of meat without whom he can't achieve his goals.

To me, that's not cool. It's always been about the team and it should still be about the team.

Are you trying to be mean, or to stare me down? LOL

And now I have to go fix dinner for the ones who actually own me. I'll read you later or tomorrow.

little bit of column A little bit of colum B

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27824)

He would, but tygra would be dead. :)

Eclipse 01-04-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

With a long kiss on the lips, knowing the brother's feelings for her have helped the rift between the two of them. If you are right, it does not say nice things about her.

Quote:

You just made my point, thanks.:)

I knew it LOL

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27823)
I agree.

Thus my Pumyra removing a thorn from his paw theory!:D

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27820)

They would care if tygra was apart of the family.

The blood heir is so important to the king.

cmangund 01-04-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 27832)
Thus my Pumyra removing a thorn from his paw theory!:D

Pumya may just one of many Tygra's first loves:D How many more "rush jobs" will they do on Tygra, I wonder:rolleyes:

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:28 PM

honestly if someone who works with congress and foreign military sales spends all day arguing in a thundercats forum I worry for this country.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27835)
honestly if someone who works with congress and foreign military sales spends all day arguing in a thundercats forum I worry for this country.

I wonder why it took you this long to respond.............oops was I rude

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27823)
I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27833)
They would care if tygra was apart of the family.

The blood heir is so important to the king.

Not to mention that Lion-o was the only heir who could use the sword.

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipse (Post 27831)
With a long kiss on the lips, knowing the brother's feelings for her have helped the rift between the two of them. If you are right, it does not say nice things about her.

I knew it LOL

She did the right thing. She didn't know lion-o would see it. I think Cheetara is duty first, she was protecting lion-o. She did owe tygra a long thank you. The kiss was right. Now we need some clearing up to do. She said make her feelings more clear, she has been making them clear. Who did she chose, she would have said you tygra. The writers left that on purpose. We will she why cheetara follows lion-o.

She remembered tygra, but she was interested in lion-o. If she was into tygra she would not do the things she did to lion-o.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27838)
She did the right thing. She didn't know lion-o would see it. I think Cheetara is duty first, she was protecting lion-o. She did owe tygra a long thank you. The kiss was right. Now we need some clearing up to do. She said make her feelings more clear, she has been making them clear. Who did she chose, she would have said you tygra. The writers left that on purpose. We will she why cheetara follows lion-o.

She remembered tygra, but she was interested in lion-o. If she was into tygra she would not do the things she did to lion-o.

exactly

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Exactly this.

cmangund 01-04-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Thus the conflicted feeling theory.

Balgus82 01-04-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

so let me get this straight....

making out with Tygra is perfectly acceptable as a thank you, but doing something as simple as holding hands and smiling at Lion-O means she's been leading him on or is interested in a relationship?

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27835)

Honestly, that is a poor argument. You are on here too.

Maybe you should do something for this country than.

And what do you do, stay at moms house?

I am working and moving into a new house. TC is somethng I liked as a kid, I don't follow anything else except for the Steelers.

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27842)

making out with Tygra is perfectly acceptable as a thank you, but doing something as simple as holding hands and smiling at Lion-O means she's been leading him on or is interested in a relationship?

No!

L08e16o 01-04-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 27842)

She did more than that, but with your tygra color glasses you think tygra and cheetara were working it off screen. Give me a break.

Romance doesn't start with a big kiss, it is the little things that build it and L/C has that.

cmangund 01-04-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 27845)
She did more than that, but with your tygra color glasses you think tygra and cheetara were working it off screen. Give me a break.

Romance doesn't start with a big kiss, it is the little things that build it and L/C has that.

That was not a big kiss. at least form Cheetara's side as she put her arms on Tygra but did not kiss until Tygra moved in. While with Lion-O cheek kiss she moved in directly without any kind of waiting game:D

DarkKnight 01-04-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

what this guy said;) :D

stormbringer 01-04-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Like I said before, bases on T/C build up they could have put Cheetara with Panthro, and it wouldn't make less since.