Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mumm-Ra Variant or Mistake?? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=14514)

KidLeo12 03-17-2012 05:53 PM

Mumm-Ra Variant or Mistake??

1 Attachment(s)
Check this Mumm-Ra I found at Target yesterday. I asked the worker and he said he had never seen one before, he seemed pretty knowledgeable. In Houston, Texas by the way. What do you guys think? Variant or mistake??

RichardC 03-17-2012 06:02 PM

looks like a repack and return

KidLeo12 03-17-2012 06:37 PM

It's still packaged in it's original package, never been opened, and its a mummy wrapped head......

Kregermeister 03-17-2012 08:16 PM

Thats RatKing from Ninja Turtles 200x head. Whoever did that is a moron. So yes, it had to be opened and resealed. No one at Bandai is hoarding Playmates figures heads to pull a prank.

Lody 03-17-2012 11:09 PM

Looks pretty legitimate to me. Who would waste their time opening a package and resealing it just for the head?

Tracer 03-18-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 39818)
Looks pretty legitimate to me. Who would waste their time opening a package and resealing it just for the head?

A customizer :( I see crap like this all the time.

Cat's Pajamas 03-18-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Crazy people.

Dr Kain 03-18-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

The same people who opened up a GI Joe vehicle two pack, took out the trouble bubble and Tele-Viper and replaced it with a second Ramm Cycle and Steeler, and then repackaged it all and brought it back to Walmart. Oh yeah, and this was three times straight because they had three of those repacks on the shelf. When I brought it up to a manager, asking if I could get a discount, he sent there is no proof those figures are different from what is on the package. -_-

Cat's Pajamas 03-18-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 39863)
The same people who opened up a GI Joe vehicle two pack, took out the trouble bubble and Tele-Viper and replaced it with a second Ramm Cycle and Steeler, and then repackaged it all and brought it back to Walmart. Oh yeah, and this was three times straight because they had three of those repacks on the shelf. When I brought it up to a manager, asking if I could get a discount, he sent there is no proof those figures are different from what is on the package. -_-

Cheap, crazy people.

Pravus Prime 03-18-2012 09:21 PM

It's a Toy Swap.

Sadly it happens all too often and as mentioned, is when someone buys a figure and returns it with anything from parts swapped out to an entirely different figure, and it happens all across the board.

It's common enough that there's an entry on the Transformers Wiki, Toy swapping - Transformers Wiki

Poe Ghostal has a spotlight on it, Toy Aisle Trolls, and in fact has an entry where someone swapped out a Mumm-Ra for a 200X Skeletor figure. Toy Aisle Trolls > Bumm-Ra : Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation

Grune the Destroyer 03-19-2012 07:10 AM

As others have said, it's a headswap. Value is worthless.

Cat's Pajamas 03-19-2012 07:56 AM

With the time, extra gas, and value (low as it might be) of the replacement toys, that go into these silly repacks, I don't think these guys break even. They'd be better off selling unwanted parts and figures on eBay for a couple of bucks, then wasting time crafting these monstrosities...

RedRebelCustoms 03-27-2012 08:40 PM

Man, I hate seeing this stuff! I have seen countless DCUC figures opened for the CNC piece, resealed and returned in my area. One store actually had 8 like that on one peg. Absolutely ridiculous! Then these people probably sell the CNC fig for some ridiculous amount or part it out to collectors. This really gets to me!

squawkbot 05-22-2012 04:24 AM

I'm surprised that this thread was started asking if that was a variant.

Really dude? And the "knowledgeable worker" part, LOL!

Crom laughs at you

THUNDER JEDI 05-22-2012 01:03 PM

Have you guy's checked out my Thread that show's an actual classics Mumm-Ra variant? Check it out!