Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Trouble on the horizon? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=6733)

McSoundwave 10-10-2011 05:54 PM

Trouble on the horizon?

This was originally posted by member GeneralxRon over at Hisstank on one of his toy runs to a local Marshalls. Please see for yourself. Seems a bit early for these to be hitting discounters already. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign of how poorly the line is doing. Anyway...without further adieu...behold...

krazycp 10-10-2011 06:02 PM

All reports from the company have been saying this line is selling out like crazy. And, people here can vouch for that. I've been trying for the last month to get a 2nd Cheetara and can't find her anywhere. That's just a fluke.

PANTHRO HOOO 10-10-2011 08:00 PM

All the stores by me are ordering too many lion-os and Mumm ras and not enough anything else.

moondog 10-10-2011 10:46 PM

The stores don't order individual figures there is more of them cuz there are the charters the kids want most

Childsmonkey 10-11-2011 09:44 AM

I imagine Marshalls purchased some Thundercats figures in preparation for Christmas. They probably want to compete with Walmart. So parents shopping for clothing can pick up what their kids want for Christmas.

si3ge 10-11-2011 10:10 AM

2 local walmarts and 1 TrU are both selling them well and doing a good job of keeping them restocked. every time i visit it looks different. i also see mostly new packaging on the classics line so that means the old ones were sold through. my local Target had never stocked them to begin with when i checked a month ago approximately. maybe they have by now.

Joe Moore 10-11-2011 11:25 AM

By all indications, Bandai USA is actually floored by how well the line is selling. With Christmas season coming up, expect a lot of non-traditional locations to start getting these in. I haven't checked my local Kohl's or Boscov's yet. May have to see if they are going to be carrying them.

But, right now, Thundercats is in a bit of a lull. The show is on it's mid-season break until the end of the month, so it's not immediately in kids' minds as much. Christmas sales will be our best indicator on the longevity of the line.

PANTHRO HOOO 10-12-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 18684)
The stores don't order individual figures there is more of them cuz there are the charters the kids want most

Well then why are the 6 inch figures sold out on every other character?

I just found panthro today at kmart. I couldn't believe they had 3 and they were 11 dollars for the 6 inch with an extra 20% off clearance. Paid under 10 dollars. This is the only figure I will buy except for the mezco line wich I will buy all of.

moondog 10-12-2011 12:11 PM

? The only other 6 in is panthro

PANTHRO HOOO 10-12-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 18807)
? The only other 6 in is panthro

Usually the only 6 inch is lion-o and mumm-ra at Target, Walmart, and tru. Today was my first trip to kmart and the first time I found Panthro. Even though I wouldn't buy then no others were at kmart either.

shimey013 10-18-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PANTHRO HOOO (Post 18676)
All the stores by me are ordering too many lion-os and Mumm ras and not enough anything else.

I work for TRU and i can tell you they dont order individual figures. They only order by the case.

The reason you see alot of Lion-o and mumm ra is because there are more of those per case then the others. There are like 3 of those per case while other figures are 1 maybe 2 per case.

Dr Kain 10-20-2011 06:19 PM

It was selling out, until TRU got 12 cases in. Now they just clog the shelves and I will never find the next wave (although, if they are canning the 8inch CLassics, I am done). Also, no Walmart or Target carries these around me yet.

PANTHRO HOOO 10-20-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimey013 (Post 19237)
I work for TRU and i can tell you they dont order individual figures. They only order by the case.

The reason you see alot of Lion-o and mumm ra is because there are more of those per case then the others. There are like 3 of those per case while other figures are 1 maybe 2 per case.

This confirms that they fucked up the package. Should have sent more other characters. People want sets when they buy figures.

GK Punk 10-21-2011 03:51 AM

Bandai will probably start adjusting future shipments based on how many are Pegwarmers out there. We'll probably start seeing more of the characters that are harder to find before long. (I've had a lot of luck finding the "rare" ones lately.)

Dr Kain 10-21-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 19414)
Bandai will probably start adjusting future shipments based on how many are Pegwarmers out there. We'll probably start seeing more of the characters that are harder to find before long. (I've had a lot of luck finding the "rare" ones lately.)

We'll see. I just have this feeling this show is going to make the same mistakes Mattel did with the 2002 series. CN changed the time slot several times, thus killing its ratings. Mattel made too many He-Mans and Skeletors, and right now, Bandai already has way too many Lion-Os.

GK Punk 10-21-2011 10:07 PM

Too early in the line to be able to know that for sure though. Plus I think most people are paranoid of a repeat of He-Man 2k2 coming out of this. I know I was, sometimes still am.

king kahn 10-28-2011 10:01 AM

Yeah this seemed pretty isolated. Can you see the price on those figures? If they are not that much less than other stores I would not worry.