Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Customs Projects (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Complete Sword Of Omens(short form) Replica. (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2332)

The Sword Bearer 07-24-2011 11:55 AM

Sword Of Omens(short form) Replica.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Here we have my Sword of Omens in it's short, dagger form, lovingly modeled to be as cartoon accurate as possible.

The hilt was acquired from a prop maker several years ago, it was his last ever mold, so I feel very lucky to have been able to get my hands on it.

The sword is made from a mixture of resin(hilt) and plexiglass/bondo(blade). The Eye of Thundera was created from some plastic door knobs I found at a local hardware store. I couldn't have been luckier with the sizing of them. The sword was then painted with a metal-look paint for the hilt, and a deep white for the blade.

Hope you like it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...o/IMG_5282.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...o/IMG_5280.jpg

ragmanrag 07-24-2011 03:22 PM

this is one of the best representations of the short form dagger i have EVER SEEN! Excellent work here! I love the fact that you went for the cartoon look, its SUPERB!

Thanks for sharing

Rag, PS( please make a long sword form in the 80's look)

PANTHRO HOOO 09-04-2011 02:33 AM

Can you make one for me? How much? Would you do it for figures? What's it like being that awsome?

rchrz60 09-16-2011 01:22 AM

I was just wondering, I see a few people asking to purchase one of these as I would like to as well. Is there anyway you could do a cast of it so that you could reproduce them. I saw that you said it was the last cast of that hilt, so this would have to be something you did an entire cast of. I'd love to own one, so please let me know.

The Sword Bearer 09-16-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchrz60 (Post 16415)
I saw that you said it was the last cast of that hilt, so this would have to be something you did an entire cast of.

Hi,

It wasn't myself who produced them i'm afraid. As I said, I got it from a prop maker who told me that it was his last copy.

I've absolutely no idea how I would go about duplicating this, I remember looking into it a while back and it seemed to be quite a messy process.

That being said, it IS something I would be willing to do if there was a fairly easy way, as I feel that more Thundercats fans should be able to own something like this. If anyone has any knowledge on this subject i'd greatly appreciate it!

rchrz60 09-17-2011 02:50 PM

Do you happen to be a member of the Replica Prop Forum (TheRPF.com) There are a ton of people on there that do stuff like this all the time. I'm sure they would know an easy way to cast it without damaging your current sword. I'm trying to remember the technique to coat the model before casting so that the casting material doesn't actually stick to teh model, just captures it's shape, or raised details.

Kregermeister 09-17-2011 10:34 PM

That sword was created by genpropz, whom I use to be friends with, havent talked to him in ages sadly, great guy. His original sword was all silver with a flat eye when he first sold them, and I suggested the blade be white when he made batch 2, and it highly improved it. Ahhh the small things you remember from 1999........

The Sword Bearer 09-18-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 16622)
That sword was created by genpropz, whom I use to be friends with, havent talked to him in ages sadly, great guy. His original sword was all silver with a flat eye when he first sold them, and I suggested the blade be white when he made batch 2, and it highly improved it. Ahhh the small things you remember from 1999........

Jason?

I was thinking of trying to get back in touch with him, would probably be the easiest way of getting more of these made, unlikely though. I just don't understand why he didn't advertise these on Thundercats forums at the time, he would have made a killing.

Kregermeister 09-18-2011 11:19 AM

Gosh its been so long, I believe it was Jason though, I could be wrong, im terrible at names. I believe I still have his proto sculpt photos somewhere in my archives as I was THAT blown away by his work. At the time there werent many quality thundercats sites. Most Thundercats sites are terrible to be honest lol.

rchrz60 09-18-2011 03:53 PM

Well we need to figure something out, cause I'm dying for one of my own. My kids and I play with the lightsabers around the house and outside, and they love it. They also love Thundercats now, so I'd love to get my hands on a couple of these.

Raithan 10-14-2011 09:49 AM

I have been looking into making a replica Classic Sword of Omen's Dagger and Sword when i came across this thread on the net. I am open to possibly making kits if i am able to get successfull molds made and is not cost/time prohibitive.

What would be beneficial though would be some measurements of The Sword Bearers SoO dagger. That would help me immensely on figuring out dimensions for starting the sculpting process.

Just a general question as i have never made a prop to sell before how much would you guys pay for a quality replica in Resin. Finished and unfinished (Kit Form). I may also consider doing a cold cast resin which adds metal powder to the resin giving it a natural look of metal without paint for additional expense of materials and time.

If people still interested in this please let me know.

PANTHRO HOOO 10-17-2011 10:48 AM

At least 50 thunder dollars.