Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Visionaries (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=282)

Dr. Grim 02-09-2011 10:54 AM

Visionaries

I just watched the first episode of this on youtube and was really impressed. How did I not know of this cartoon long ago? The animation and storytelling is top notch and the voice acting crew are a bunch of the G1 Transformers crew including Peter Cullen and Chris Latta. Anyone else here enjoy this cartoon?

Sabien 02-09-2011 11:55 AM

I started watching them recently too. I was impressed with what I've seen so far. I did not watch these originally. But I do rememer seeing the toys in the stores. They had articulation similiar to the G I Joes and the holograms were really neat.

MegaPrime33 02-09-2011 01:15 PM

I was a fan way back when. Had a bunch of the figures. I should look into this and re-watch. I'm just afraid it won't hold up to the test of time, like so many of my childhood favorites.

Sabien 02-09-2011 01:40 PM

To me, it holds up better than Joe or He-Man.

Dr. Grim 02-09-2011 01:43 PM

YouTube - Visionaries-"The Age of Magic Begins"[Part 1of3]
It's right there. All you have to do is press the play button. You know you want to. You know you must. Just one tiny click. Do it! Do it! :)

crackus 02-09-2011 03:19 PM

loved that show!

Reeds 02-09-2011 08:08 PM

I think I only liked this show because it was that same TF/Joe group of toon makers and voice actors. But it was still a shame it didn't do more than the initial 13 eps. I think it was 13. Can't remember offhand.

Michael'O 02-28-2011 10:24 PM

Would love to see this remade today, the same way they are doing Thundercats there's quite a few I would like to see.

The list is as follows:
Silverhawks
Galaxy Rangers
Pirates of Dark Water
Masters of the Universe
Bravestarr
Thundarr the Barbarian
Herculoids
Mighty Mightor
Blackstar
Bucky O'Hare (Done in a more realistic style)
Starcom
Ulysses31

And with these new cartoons I would love to see them do Figures of the characters.

Star Saber 10-28-2011 11:36 AM

I loved this show back then. Too bad it didn't last that long. The toys were really good, great articulation, but the hologram thing really didn't do justice to the show transformations.

Ocicat 10-29-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael'O (Post 2208)
Would love to see this remade today, the same way they are doing Thundercats there's quite a few I would like to see.

The list is as follows:
Silverhawks
Galaxy Rangers
Pirates of Dark Water
Masters of the Universe
Bravestarr
Thundarr the Barbarian
Herculoids
Mighty Mightor
Blackstar
Bucky O'Hare (Done in a more realistic style)
Starcom
Ulysses31

And with these new cartoons I would love to see them do Figures of the characters.

I used to love The Visionaries, why was it that female characters from the 80s good or bad were always brilliant!
Masters of the Universe was my first love, but ThunderCats overrode that, I also used to like BraveStarr and Bucky O'Hare.

Zentron 10-29-2011 01:09 PM

It was a great show and thanks to the full series DVD release, I still enjoy watching it ;)

Reaper Cloud 11-24-2011 01:02 AM

With all the popularity for "Harry Potter", one would think that it would be smart to redo "Visionaries", since they dealt with magic/sorcery.

I missed out on the DVD that was made for this short-lived (and very cool) cartoon. :( I had some of the figures growing up, and I remember watching it on TV (Not sure if I watched them all or not when I was young).