Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats General Discussion (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Driller (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=3551)

Fist Pounder 08-20-2011 07:07 PM

Driller

Looks like we will get a modern driller action figure:)

Ravenxl7 08-20-2011 08:23 PM

There's a chance, but I wouldn't count on it being a certainty just yet. Personally I'm hoping he get's made at the 6" scale, but even if he's just made at the 4" scale, I'll still get him. His new design is too great not to have in toy-form.

GK Punk 08-20-2011 09:02 PM

Loved his new look. Too bad he was just a mindless robot. But I hope to see more classic characters like that return through out the series.

Ravenxl7 08-20-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 11832)
Loved his new look. Too bad he was just a mindless robot. But I hope to see more classic characters like that return through out the series.

From what I remember of the original Driller, there wasn't much to him, so the blandness of this new Driller makes sense to me. The potential for him to seek revenge on Lion-O in the future of the show makes me excited to see if he'll ever return. At least, I hope he makes more appearances, lol. Would definitely help his chances of getting a toy.

GK Punk 08-20-2011 09:18 PM

I'd love to see him return. For some reason I remember him having a bit more personality in the original (Not by much anyway...) than he did in last night's ep. He'd be a great addition to the toyline either way.

Tracer 08-21-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GK Punk (Post 11832)

Agreed on all points

SPLIT LIP 08-21-2011 08:20 AM

I agree, he needs a toy.

masterprime 08-21-2011 04:47 PM

I say bring on the figure! We are going to need bad guys for this line.

Thinktank 08-23-2011 06:48 AM

If they make him to scale with the 4" figures he will easily be a deluxe
if not a "Small Vehicle" sized product. He was plenty large on the show.

Trukkinmunky 08-23-2011 09:17 PM

The Driller must be made into a toy. But!!! Bandai has to make him be able to stand. I hope he would come with a base or something. Because as awesome as a Driller toy would be. It would kinda suck if it couldn't stand. But the Driller in the old show did talk and was less robot like, but he really only cared about diamonds so we aren't missing much in the new show :P

Ravenxl7 08-23-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trukkinmunky (Post 12406)
The Driller must be made into a toy. But!!! Bandai has to make him be able to stand. I hope he would come with a base or something. Because as awesome as a Driller toy would be. It would kinda suck if it couldn't stand. But the Driller in the old show did talk and was less robot like, but he really only cared about diamonds so we aren't missing much in the new show :P

They could always make the drill he has instead of legs split into three pieces like the original did. I just hope they don't try and force the transforming bit he did in the show onto the toy. I'd rather have a more detailed and poseable figure than one that sacrificed those just so it could fold-up into a double-ended drill.

edit:300th post :D

Monkian 08-23-2011 11:57 PM

Unless we see him again, I don't think we'll be seeing him again.

Thundera 08-24-2011 10:17 AM

I can only hope, and praoy to thundera that this figure is made! He would make a wonderful bad guy for my collection

Trukkinmunky 08-24-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 12425)
They could always make the drill he has instead of legs split into three pieces like the original did. I just hope they don't try and force the transforming bit he did in the show onto the toy. I'd rather have a more detailed and poseable figure than one that sacrificed those just so it could fold-up into a double-ended drill.

I agree with you 100% :D

Thinktank 08-24-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 12425)
I just hope they don't try and force the transforming bit he did in the show onto the toy. I'd rather have a more detailed and poseable figure than one that sacrificed those just so it could fold-up into a double-ended drill.

For him to transform would require literally three joints; his head would
need to retract and his shoulders need to collapse down into his his rib
area. His transformation is very simple and surprisingly efficient for
what he needs to do. I would be mighty dissappointed if a company, who
regularly makes transforming figures and model kits of something as fussy
as the Zeta Gundam did not knock this design out of the park.

Balgus82 08-24-2011 10:10 PM

Yeah his transformation was really simple. All that happened were his arms covered his head. That's even more simple than a Go-bot.

Ravenxl7 08-24-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinktank (Post 12552)
For him to transform would require literally three joints; his head would
need to retract and his shoulders need to collapse down into his his rib
area. His transformation is very simple and surprisingly efficient for
what he needs to do. I would be mighty dissappointed if a company, who
regularly makes transforming figures and model kits of something as fussy
as the Zeta Gundam did not knock this design out of the park.

His transformation was indeed simple, but I feel that if Bandai makes a toy of him, that they would focus mostly on the transformation, and neglect articulation. Both the gimmick and great articulation would be great, but I don't see them putting both into one figure. Best solution, imho, is for them to make two toys of him. One in the 6" assortment with great articulation, and one as a 4" Deluxe with the gimmick and less articulation.

We'll just have to wait and see. It's still up in the air as to whether or not they'll bother with a Driller figure at all.