Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Found the Tiger Flyer with Tygrus (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=10825)

Lody 01-19-2012 02:59 PM

Found the Tiger Flyer with Tygrus

Found it at Wally World today

Lody 01-20-2012 11:36 AM

Pretty cool little vehicle. Would have prefered a more articulated Tygrus though.

Ravenxl7 01-26-2012 12:02 AM

Not to be a grammar nazi, but...there's no r in his name, it's just Tygus.

Anyways...any chance you could post some pictures? I'd love to get a better look at the thing.

Lody 01-26-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 32374)
Not to be a grammar nazi, but...there's no r in his name, it's just Tygus.

Anyways...any chance you could post some pictures? I'd love to get a better look at the thing.

You know I noticed that after. Tygus just doesn't as good as Tygrus though.

Ravenxl7 01-26-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 32400)
You know I noticed that after. Tygus just doesn't as good as Tygrus though.

Personally I like Tygus more. Sounds like a very old name, and makes me think he could potentially be Tygra's ancestor, but without being too pushy about the idea.

How good are the gimmicks on the flyer?

shmashwitdaclub 01-26-2012 09:37 AM

I nabbed it at wally about 2 days ago too. Still Have not opened it yet. The $15 price tag on it seems pretty fair - though I am a cheapskate and would have preferred to have it for a little less. However, at the same time we probably will never see Tygus released again - unless the Thundercats get a Delorean and we have a time travel story arc...

Lody 01-26-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 32405)
Personally I like Tygus more. Sounds like a very old name, and makes me think he could potentially be Tygra's ancestor, but without being too pushy about the idea.

How good are the gimmicks on the flyer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub (Post 32412)
I nabbed it at wally about 2 days ago too. Still Have not opened it yet. The $15 price tag on it seems pretty fair - though I am a cheapskate and would have preferred to have it for a little less. However, at the same time we probably will never see Tygus released again - unless the Thundercats get a Delorean and we have a time travel story arc...

I picked it up for $11...weird

The features are ok but you have to be careful not to leave Tygus on the glider cause then it'll kill the batteries. My son was playing with it and he left it in my toy room. When we went in their the next night he picked it up and showed me that it was still on.

I owuld have prefered a much more articulated version of Tygus.

We got pretty good Lizard with the Lizard Cannon. Disappointing not to get the same with him.

Tracer 01-26-2012 06:06 PM

I grabbed it too. The flyer is kind of lame IMO. I wish they would be willing to do characters like this Grune or the Lizard warrior on a single card.

shmashwitdaclub 01-27-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 32436)
I picked it up for $11...weird

You must have found him at a store that initially started clearancing this deluxe line - I have a store like that. If they get more in at the cheaper store I will probably buy another and return it on the original's receipt.

yeah, I am cheap.