Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Well looks like I'm never going to own a 6" Tygra... (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=18822)

Mintcondition 05-07-2012 11:46 PM

Well looks like I'm never going to own a 6" Tygra...

I got an email reminder today from Entertainment Earth that their 6" Tygra was back in stock and in the SAME email said he was already sold out.

Wow...just wow.

And the only listings on eBay have a starting bid of well over $100...

I can't believe this...

No word on if he's ever going to make it retail, and no word if they're even going to try to complete the team in Classics form.

Not a single team, in either era completed...

test 05-08-2012 03:12 AM

Dude put up a wanted thread like I did in the buy/sell forum ... Its worth a shot because I've just got one at a very very cheap price from a fellow collector who didnt believe in scalping and sold it to me for just over retail price moc ...... theres some amazingly honest collectors out there myself included who like to help others complete their wish lists without ripping them off......... I know its a long shot and I got very lucky but someone might be able to help you get one without paying silly prices on ebay.

THUNDER JEDI 05-08-2012 11:42 AM

I saw this video review of Tygra 6" yesterday and in the video the guy says that the Bandai Thundercats property was cancelled before Tygra hit retail. Don't know how he got this information, but it's still disturbing to hear someone say it. Here's a Link to the youtube video.

ThunderCats Tygra - YouTube

IndyCat 05-08-2012 12:36 PM

its speculation. doubtful he knows anything.

Lody 05-08-2012 09:20 PM

He doesn't know jack-they are hitting retail now

THUNDER JEDI 05-09-2012 09:59 AM

Where have they been found at retail stores?

Tracer 05-09-2012 10:08 AM

Online "specialty" stores like BBTS, Entertainment Earth and Enchanted Toychest.

THUNDER JEDI 05-09-2012 11:32 AM

I know they can be found in specialty stores online, but when some one says "hitting retail" that sends the message that they have been found at a local store. No sittings posted. Just the 3 online stores listed above and ebay are the only places in the world they can be found so far.

Grippen 05-09-2012 12:21 PM

hope its speculation the minimum would be to release more Tygras and the kittens. I was lucky to find Tygra so only the other 2 missing and I really do want them otherwise I may just sell the ones I have thats why I'm keeping them MOC.

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 05-13-2012 06:17 PM

6" Tygra never even made it to any stores her in AZ. As I keep saying the line was cancelled. why else would all the shops be discounting them and stores like ross are selling them for half of what they were in stores.

The line is done. give it up already. just take a moment of silence, and do a 21 gun salute.

mumm_ra_the_ever_living 05-13-2012 06:18 PM

I'd love a 6" Tygra but I've given up on that cake. it's a lie. I accept it now. :P

frodo 05-14-2012 09:59 AM

atleast i have him in the 4" scale better than nothing

test 05-14-2012 10:16 AM

There's six on eBay all from France which some douchebag has obviously scalped as soon as entertainment earth got stock ..... So if you want him that bad u may just have to pay the outrageous asking price ........ I count myself very lucky for getting one from a fellow collector on this site and really can't thank him enough for his kindness.

It's a shame cos I tried to pre order when EE got their last load and was gonna return the favour by selling them here at normal price .... But they were snapped up in seconds :-( hate scalpers and I kind of hope nobody pays this guys price on eBay to serve him right for his selfishness .

boomsasa 05-14-2012 10:40 AM

I saw that guy on ebay too. There is no way I want a toy THAT bad. I mean, I want to have one but I'm not going to fill pockets. The only hope I have right now is preordering at BigBadToy's and hope they get a shipment soon...or at least someday!

Dr Kain 05-15-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test (Post 49447)
Dude put up a wanted thread like I did in the buy/sell forum ... Its worth a shot because I've just got one at a very very cheap price from a fellow collector who didnt believe in scalping and sold it to me for just over retail price moc ...

What, you mean he wasn't like that ahole loser scalper from that other topic?

Dr Kain 05-15-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 49671)
Online "specialty" stores like BBTS, Entertainment Earth and Enchanted Toychest.

Those aren't retail stores. Retail stores are places that have a physical store you can walk into and buy things with this relic called cash with. Places like Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, and sometimes K-Mart.

gjustis 05-15-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 50867)
Those aren't retail stores. Retail stores are places that have a physical store you can walk into and buy things with this relic called cash with. Places like Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, and sometimes K-Mart.

Nope, they're not retail stores. They're footballs.

;)

I kid, I kid.

They're online specialty stores, like he said - in other words, retails stores that are online - but retail nonetheless, buying in relative bulk, from whom we as consumers expect (or at least hope for) stock.

Retailers are increasing ONLY online; simply because a retailer lacks a brick & mortar location doesn't demote them to less-than-retail...sure, plenty of places on the internets fall outside the traditional supply chain (ex: buyers selling things on eBay or setting up lil scalper shop blogs) and therefore don't really qualify as retail, but the larger online stores most certainly do. It's an extension of the catalog-only store, like ThinkGeek for example (which I know has an online store as well, but they wouldn't have, say, 15yrs ago)...which is, of course, retail.

Not to split hairs or anything...:cool:

To the post at hand, I think it's understandable to want to know which online retailers have stocked Tygra, just like any physical store; gives us an idea of how many retailers received the product, and where we might check in the future...heck, it's frankly easier for me to buy online than to drive all over Hades looking...

Tracer 05-15-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 50867)

This is why I specifically mentioned online "specialty" stores. I was trying to find a nice way to quell any misinformation of them "hitting retail ( brick and mortar) stores now". Didn't want THUNDER JEDI or anyone to have false hope that they could walk into Wal-mart and find them.

THUNDER JEDI 05-15-2012 11:10 AM

Thanks Tracer, I hear ya man! I think we could call these stores E-Tailers. Its very disturbing that none of the local stores have restocked anything Thundercats related and Bandai claims that 6" Tygra has been released to the stores. I allready have 6" Tygra, but I'm depending on him showing up at local stores to show that the line is not dead. Lets not forget about the roleplay Panthro Numchucks Bandai has previewed for release this spring or the Deluxe figures that are just as hard to find as 6"Tygra and have also not been stocked in local stores.

Decepticon 05-15-2012 02:40 PM

Even with them being for sale online only, all of the stores are sold out, at least the ones I found anyways. He seems like a great figure, it's kinda sad to see he might not ever make it into stores to shine.

Grune the Destroyer 05-17-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living (Post 50668)
As I keep saying the line was cancelled. why else would all the shops be discounting them and stores like ross are selling them for half of what they were in stores.

The line is done. give it up already. just take a moment of silence, and do a 21 gun salute.

Speculation, speculation, speculation. The logical, rational-minded amongst us have explained ad nauseum in other threads why stores sometime discount/offer sale prices on items (besides because they're cancelled).

Now, you may be right; you may be wrong. NO ONE KNOWS. But please stop offering your speculation as "fact".

Ultimately -

I'd rather be a happy, jolly, optimistic Thundercats fan that's wrong, than a miserable doom n' gloomer that's right :)

Predaking79 05-17-2012 10:28 AM

BBTS has case of 2 Tygras, Lion-O and Cheetara up for pre-order - Thundercats 2011 6" Collector Figure Series 02 - Case Assortment 'C' of 4 Figures - Thundercats (2011) Figures

Would have got one myself but they won't ship outside of the US or canada :(

So if anyone gets one and wants to sell me one of their Tygras... ;)

nitewing73 05-17-2012 12:23 PM

I've seen GIJOE product at Ross, Marshall's, and other discount stores but I still see them put out new product. I saw Thundercats toys at TJ Maxx right after the toyline was released and their price was the same as Walmart and they were still releasing new product like the Storm Charger, the 2nd wave of figures or whatever. I think we'll still get the product at retail of the stuff that's been shown if not some new stuff.

AlexofThundera 05-17-2012 01:14 PM

I'm thinking that even if the line were not to see a wave 3 Bandai would at least finish releasing wave 2 in some way. I mean I doubt they made just 10 6" Tygras and pulled the plug. There has got to be more wave 2 product just sitting somewhere. Now why haven't they released it is the question. They may feel it will cost them more to ship it then what they will gain in sales. Then again as I said in another thread it could simply be that retailers are not putting in requests (demand) for any new product.

Lody 05-18-2012 07:15 PM

Ordered a case.....

Kregermeister 05-18-2012 07:57 PM

Sold out! Im still waiting for my order at Entertainment Earth to be filled. Hate the wait, but whatever, I prefer the 4 inchers anyway, at least we have a complete set of them.

Predaking79 05-19-2012 02:15 AM

Don't suppose anyone who ordered a case want to sell me one of their Tygras? ;)

englishw 05-21-2012 05:49 PM

BBTS has the case up for preorder again. Has anyone here ordered from them and actually got it? How many people have a case preordered? I'm hesitant.

Tracer 05-21-2012 05:54 PM

I got my Slithe through them. They are on the up and up.

Predaking79 05-22-2012 04:53 AM

*wants a case but lives in the UK* :(

frodo 05-22-2012 07:23 AM

one of my orders finally arrived

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...p/P1050963.jpg

wasn't expecting to get this guy since my other order is in limbo

boomsasa 05-23-2012 02:07 PM

My preorder has just been filled. I'm getting my in the mail soon.

boomsasa 05-23-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 51800)
BBTS has the case up for preorder again. Has anyone here ordered from them and actually got it? How many people have a case preordered? I'm hesitant.

My preorder was just filled. They sent my case out in the mail today.

englishw 05-23-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomsasa (Post 52094)
My preorder was just filled. They sent my case out in the mail today.

/hovers mouse cursor over the "Add to Cart" button...

Kregermeister 05-23-2012 03:58 PM

My tygra order is still lingering at Entertianment Earth. I doubt im ever gunna see it. Still I cant spend 65 for one stupid figure.

THUNDER JEDI 05-23-2012 04:00 PM

Ordering the case from BBTS is cheaper than ordering Tygra individually from EE. BBTS = 15.99 EE= 16.99 and you get 2 Tygra's, 1 to open & 1 to keep MOC and they're case fresh. Best bargain. Plus you have to pay shipping from either place, but you tack that shipping cost onto the price of 1 figure youre paying almost double retail price, but if you order a case and divide the shipping cost by 4 an tack it onto the price of 15.99, it comes out to equal what you would pay retail+tax at Toys r Us. Just a better deal overall. especially with how much the figures a selling for on ebay.

77kustoms 05-23-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 51800)

They are a great store! I have been enjoying my Tygra case for over a month!

Mintcondition 06-04-2012 02:03 AM

Man, collecting this line is extremely depressing...

Dr Kain 06-04-2012 08:41 AM

Meh, I see no point in getting this figure anymore when I will never have a full team of 6inchers no matter what.

TheCrow 06-18-2012 10:34 PM

i have an extra 6in tygra , willing to trade ,

in nyc area

Mintcondition 06-19-2012 10:56 AM

Pm sent TheCrow.