Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Question about Classics figures... (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=4747)

Autotrooper 09-04-2011 03:03 PM

Question about Classics figures...

Have we heard or do we know that we'll be getting more classic figures?:confused: Someone told me that a 6 inch Wilytwin 2-pack is planned?

Ribieconvoy 09-04-2011 03:18 PM

Apparently the Wily kids are being released in the modern 6 inch scale as a two pack, as heard in an interview in the news section here.

Autotrooper 09-05-2011 09:47 PM

Yes, that rocks!!

Ravenxl7 09-05-2011 09:55 PM

The 8" classics are definitely continuing, but no specific figures have been confirmed yet. Though considering they said we should have the main team completed by the end of next year, and that there are four figures coming out each year (starting next year of course), it's safe to assume that two of next year's figures will be Wilykat and Wilykit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribieconvoy (Post 14745)
Apparently the Wily kids are being released in the modern 6 inch scale as a two pack, as heard in an interview in the news section here.

True, but as you said, those will be the modern designs, not the classic ones, and at the 6", rather than the 8" scale that all of the classic figures will be at.

Monkian 09-05-2011 11:40 PM

4 a year, huh? Definitely Panthro, Cheetarah and the Twins are the most obvious choices. That being said, it'll be interesting to see if that theory pans out. I'm crossing my fingers for a Thunder Tank!

Autotrooper 09-06-2011 02:43 AM

:)I hope they have more articulation than the 4 inch ones, even some poseable tails!

IndyCat 09-06-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 14908)
The 8" classics are definitely continuing, but no specific figures have been confirmed yet. Though considering they said we should have the main team completed by the end of next year, and that there are four figures coming out each year (starting next year of course), it's safe to assume that two of next year's figures will be Wilykat and Wilykit.

True, but as you said, those will be the modern designs, not the classic ones, and at the 6", rather than the 8" scale that all of the classic figures will be at.

I thought it was 2 per quarter...

Ravenxl7 09-06-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCat (Post 14955)
I thought it was 2 per quarter...

Plans have apparently changed. the 8-a-year bit of info was given out at Toy Fair, while the 4-a-year information was given at SDCC. While it sucks that they've cut the amount of figures per year in half, for what the classics line is, it makes sense. That and they're apparently going to be expanding it into "other categories", so that should hopefully help supplement the fewer number of figures we'll be getting each year.

poisoncow 09-06-2011 05:43 PM

4 a year huh? damn, now I'll have to wait about 5 years to get Lynx-o,Bengali and Pumyra. (Assuming we'll get both Mumm-ra's, the Mutants and maybe Grune 1st, and some retool/paints)

Autotrooper 09-06-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisoncow (Post 15031)
4 a year huh? damn, now I'll have to wait about 5 years to get Lynx-o,Bengali and Pumyra. (Assuming we'll get both Mumm-ra's, the Mutants and maybe Grune 1st, and some retool/paints)

Are you talking about modern or classics? :confused:

poisoncow 09-06-2011 08:31 PM

Classics

Monkian 09-07-2011 12:21 AM

Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us. I'm stoked about the classics though. No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter? I think that Thundercats are here to stay for a while.

Ravenxl7 09-07-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkian (Post 15091)
Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us.

SDCC exclusives are inevitable. I just hope they keep them to just repaints that might not fly at mass retail.

Quote:

No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter?

Assuming the line continues to sell well in the eyes of Bandai and major retailers for several years to come, than it doesn't really matter.

IndyCat 09-07-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us. I'm stoked about the classics though. No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter? I think that Thundercats are here to stay for a while.

of course they are going to do an SDCC limited version. Thats a no brainer. Afterall, they made the SDCC version of Lion-O.

I hope its not a repaint but an exclusive figure.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-07-2011 12:29 PM

Dear Bandai,

Give me a 24" Panthro......OR ELSE.....

Yours Truly,
PANTHRO HOOO