TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #951
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
On a specific scene from the 1st G. I. Joe: Retaliation trailer, we saw a very cool looking Motorcycle. Fans speculated on what this Motorbike is and who’s riding it. Those with excellent inquisitive eyes mentioned that Cobra Insignia is on the bike, while some denied it.

Thanks to 80sTees Inc.'s Facebook Page, we now have a better look at the Vehicle in question. And yes, there is a printed Cobra Logo.

According to the Description…

“One of the best parts of my job is that every once in a while I get to feel like a bit of a Hollywood insider. This is because licensed product needs to be prepared before a movie gets released. Earlier this week I was treated to some unfinished scenes from GI Joe Retaliation. I can tell you that it looks like a ton of fun, and it's packed with great action movie actors. It is now one of my more anticipated summer movies for 2012.”

Mirrored image of the Bike on display can be found after the jump for those who do not have access to Facebook.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation 1st Trailer Mysterious Motorbike Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #952
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The GIJOE Club has posted up a video of the upcoming 25th anniversary-styled Footloose.

Here is Footloose in a full VIDEO reveal, so you can see him from all angles, the 2012 3 3/4-inch Membership Incentive Figure! Just double click the thumbnail to watch! Anyone with an OFFICER LEVEL membership as of March 16th, 2012 will receive this amazing 25th anniversary-styled figure! Footloose features a stand, classic file card and accessories, including: Infantry assault rifle, rocket launcher, knife, pistol, flashlight and backpack. Members who select the 3 3/4-inch Officer level membership option can expect to receive this bagged figure, with all his accessories, in late spring/early summer of 2012.

Head on over to http://gijoeclub.com/ for more information.
Original Source: GIJOE 25th Anniversary Footloose Club Video - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #953
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has sent out the following information on the JoeCon 2012 Venue Change.

Please note that due to circumstances beyond our control with the anticipated venue for the convention, the dates of GIJoeCon will now be June 28-July 1 at a new venue, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. We apologize for any problems or issues this change of date has caused. We hope to see you all in New Orleans June 28-July 1 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Convention (attending and non-attending) registrations will start sometime in February. Again we apologize for any problems or issues this change of date has caused

Head on over to the JoeCon 2012 home page for more information.
Original Source: JoeCon 2012 Venue-Date Change - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #954
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Since this is the first one to have ever hit eBay we wanted to give you guys the heads up. The NJCC CUSTOM JUNGLE BAT HISS TANK was given away at last years show and only 11 were made. So if you missed out, you may be able to put an offer in to own this awesome Fan Convention Custom.

NJCC CUSTOM JUNGLE BAT GI JOE HISS TANK - ONLY 11 IN THE WORLD VERY RARE | eBay
Original Source: NJCC Custom Jungle BAT HISS TANK Hits eBay - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #955
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Director Jon Chu updated his Social Networks with…

"IT'S TRUE!!! brand new #GIJoeRETALIATION COMMERCIAL is coming to the #SUPERBOWL Watch for it!! @theRock and Bruce Willis kicks ass in HD."

This is the Official Confirmation of the G. I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl XLVI TV Spot.

We are only 5 days away from watching New Footage from the upcoming movie, starring Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis with Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Elodie Yung, RZA and Lee Byung-hun.

Tune-in on February 5, 2012.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl Spot Confirmed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #956
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
MTV Movies Blog caught up with Channing Tatum recently and attempted to ask him about the rumors that his character dies in GI Joe Retaliation. Though they didn't get a definitive answer, here's a description of what transpired:

Thing is, based on the trailer, it looks as though Tatum's character very likely does not last long in the film. I attempted to get Tatum to own up to Duke's early departure with a few pointed, wink-and-nudge-type questions. First, what can he tell fans about his character's arc in the film?

"I don't know. I think they're going to have to check it out," he said. "I think that the movie is going to be better than the first one. I think that Jon Chu has a younger, hipper sensibility. ['Rise of Cobra' director] Stephen Sommers is great, I really enjoyed working with him, but I think this movie is going to be a little hipper. A little bit more edgy."

Should we prep for seeing a lot of Duke screen time?

"I don't know," Tatum said with a smile, beginning to see where I was going with my line of questioning. "I'm not sure. I haven't seen the final cut."

Then this tidbit:

At this point in our conversation, Tatum's "Vow" co-star Rachel McAdams, who was seated next to him in the video but out of frame, seemed confused about where we were going with the conversation so I whispered to her that rumor has it that Tatum's character dies in the movie, which made Tatum laugh out loud.

"Really?" he giggled, acting surprised.

Whether the death of Tatum's character was deliberately teased in the 1st trailer, or will actually happen remains to be seen. The next full glimpse of footage will be in a few days, with the GI Joe Retaliation Super Bowl Trailer.
Original Source: MTV Grills Channing Tatum About His "Death" In GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #957
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Itching for your weekly GI Joe Comic fix? Well we've got some previews for IDW comics scheduled for release tomorrow!

GI Joe A Real American Hero #175
Larry Hama (w) o S L Gallant (a) o Herb Trimpe, Gallant (c)
The Blue Ninja clan have proven to be worthy adversaries for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. To take down the rogue ninja clan, strange alliances must be formed, enemies become partners, and unexpected team-ups lead to an all-out assault against the Blue Ninjas. Will the tenous alliance of Snake Eyes and Baroness be enough to finally bring them down? Don't miss the team-up you've all been waiting for in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #175!

IDW GI Joe Volume 2 #10
Chuck Dixon (w) o Alex Cal (a) o Dave Wilkins, Will Rosado (c)
COBRA ON THE ATTACK! The new COBRA COMMANDER begins a global strategy to turn the super-secret cabal into a legitimate world power. But those plans are only known to the highest levels of COBRA, and the invasion of a sovereign Southeast Asian country continues. The Joes and UN Forces are outmaneuvered and outgunned in a war of total annihilation!

Read on to preview these new issues!
Original Source: GI Joe A Real American Hero #175 And IDW GI Joe Volume 2 #10 Previews - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #958
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Following “The Avengers” footsteps, it seems as though we are going to see a special Sneak Peek of the upcoming G. I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl XLVI TV Spot.

Director Jon Chu mentioned…

"One more thing... You can get a sneak peek at the brand new #GIJoeRetaliation SUPER BOWL commercial TODAY!!! on Entertainment Tonight. Boom"

Most probably this will be a 10 second sneak peek, as usually done on such occasions.

Update: The clip has aired and HISSTANK's General Hawk managed to capture it. He was kind to upload it to his You Tube account. Take a look below:

Note: Not to spoil everybody but, the clip contains the "Shuriken throwing scene" from the Hasbro Investor Day 2011 G. I. Joe: Retaliation Sneak Peek.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl XLVI TV Spot Sneak Peek Today - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #959
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Recently, CoolToyReview sat down for a rather intriguing conversation with Sideshow Toys. While Sideshow has finally decided to tackle 1/6 scale super hero figures from the DC Universe, they are also going to use new body bucks. However, the 1st new female buck won't actually be used in the DC Universe line 1st, it will be used for the all new Sideshow 12 Inch Baroness!

DMM The DC Universe has a varying range of characters from adult male and female, to teens, and scrawny adults. Are you prepared to move past the iconic male figure?

BB Hopefully so, yeah. We’ve got a new female body in the early production phases. We’re working through test shots and things. We’ll be debuting it this year in the G.I. Joe line, as Baroness. That’ll be in the mid part of 2012, and then superhero, super villain gals will follow after that. Our new beefier male body is quite different from our Prometheus and trooper male bodies.

DMM Have we seen parts of this new body in Rock ‘N Roll or even Duke?

BB No. While the proportions may be similar, this new body will be unique.

Aside from that news, Sideshow also mentions that their presumed influence on certain Modern GI Joe figures(such as Pursuit Of Cobra Snake Eyes, 30th Anniversary Storm Shadow, Cobra Trooper, to name a few), was actually the result of a lot of back and forth communication with Hasbro. For example, the Pursuit Of Cobra/30th Anniversary Cobra Viper was actually a big inspiration for the Sideshow team, and their 1/6 version of the Viper.

In addition, it's mentioned that the Cobra Trooper platform is on pause, as the team wants doesn't want to release one without it being substantial and genuine.

DMM In terms of your G.I. Joe line, I’ve always felt that your more daring interpretations have been the coolest pieces in the collection.

BB I think it represents where our design team is in terms of ambition. We’re really trying to carve out an opportunity for them to be thoughtful. A lot of consideration goes into each product so when you’re taking it out and setting it up, there is a lot to find. It allows you to trace back to the source material everything from the gun to the garment. We then think, if this is what he uses, he’d have this sort of load out. What would the modern equivalent of that be, and what would be one step past.

DMM Your G.I. Joe line also seems to have rippled back into the classic Hasbro collection. In the last year we’ve seen a Snake Eyes, Cobra Trooper, and now a Storm Shadow figure strongly influenced by the Sideshow design.

BB I’d love to check back with them on that, because a lot of the back and forth we have with Hasbro influences our designs. It’s kind of full circle, I think. The last Cobra Viper they’d done has really inspired our guys. That process was happening somewhat simultaneously.

DMM But then out of left field you guys come up with the leather pilot’s helmet head…

BB We just wanted to add a little something to the mythos, however little, to put just a little extra flavour and character into it.

DMM Just like you did with the Crimson Guard. That looks like a Fred head to me.

BB It sure looks like a Fred head.

DMM I was actually surprised we didn’t see a scar faced Cobra Trooper. Matter of fact, I think that’s a character even Hasbro seems to have looked past. I think they’ve only made a figure of him once.

BB Yeah, I think you’re right, but we’ve put the Cobra Trooper platform on pause. We didn’t want to release another one without adding something substantial to it, and we want it to feel genuine.

DMM That makes sense, but I have to admit that I found the two Desert Troopers to be the finest in the bunch. I know they came with the same gear and all, but the aesthetic was pretty cool.

BB There’s a fine balance in there. I love the classic line from a modern toy design standpoint because they did so much. Just like what Mattel is doing with the Four Horsemen on the He-Man line where they can continue to reuse parts and pieces so cleverly and with such a broad colour contrast without giving away that it's the same piece.
Original Source: Sideshow 12 Inch Baroness Confirmed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #960
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HissTank.com sponsor Kokomo Toys is kicking off 2012 with their first giveaway of the year for HissTank members!

What's up for grabs? Oh, only the Sideshow Cobra Commander Polystone Diorama !!! Flanked by Crimson Guardsmen, this awesome Cobra Commander statue will compliment any G.I.Joe shelf.

So, what do you have to do to win? Easy - join us after the jump and check out the details for the contest. Once you're done, head on over Kokomo Toys & Collectibles and pick up some new toys! Kokomo has the largest selection of vintage figures in the Midwest and boasts a full assortment of new items as well! Tell'em you're a Tanker and if you're in Indiana, they may even let you play their classic G.I.Joe Arcade Game!
Original Source: Kokomo Toys Sideshow Cobra Commander Polystone Diorama Giveaway! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #961
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I.Joe Collector's Club has posted a sneak peek of cover for the upcoming February 2012 issue on their Facebook page. Pictured is the 2012 12" Exclusive Man of Evil! Dressed in the Lost Adventurer accessory set, this figure will definitely adorn the shelves of many 12" G.I.Joe Collectors.

The Lost Adventurer set also includes a neat accessory, reminiscent of our favorite master of disguise, Zartan. Included with the set is a mask to disguise the Man of Evil as a member of the Adventure Team!

Also featured in the February issue is a pin up of the upcoming Cobra Nano B.A.T. figure, that will be released as part of the G.I.Joe Collectors Club Figure Subscription Service.

We've mirrored the pictures here for your review. Once you've had a chance to check them out, let us know if you'll be adding this figure to your collection by joining the discussion after the jump.
Original Source: G.I.Joe Collector's Club Magazine Cover Sneak Peek! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #962
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With the help of our fellow local tankers we have managed to finally list all of our remaining vintage Gi-Joe file cards, figure accessories, vehicle parts and vehicle instructions. We now have over 20,000 parts in nearly 5,000 separate listings on eBay as of today. This will be the first run of our vintage items for 2012 until we restock after Joe Con 2012. So, grab your parts lists and come check us out on eBay.

If you think some of the prices could be better, no problem! Just use the MAKE AN OFFER option and make sure to let us know you are from hisstank.com when you do! We combine shipping and have some of the lowest world-wide shipping there is available online.

Please, note that you can select the amount of parts you need from the drop down menu on each listing. Some photos will show more than one item, but you need to select more than one if you need more than one. See each listing for more details. Thanks everyone! Yo Joe!

GIJOE Instructions: Vintage Vehicle Instructions in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE File Cards: Vintage GI Joe Cobra File Cards items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Figure Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Vehicle Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Vehicle Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

We also have tons of 30th Anniversary and Renegades figures including army builders now on eBay for just $6.00, but if you MAKE AN OFFER for $5.00 we will accept. Get you an entire army of Steel Brigades or Hazard Vipers cheaper than any big box department store.

items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Original Source: Kokomo Toys Sponsor Update 2/1/12 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #963
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
USA Today has a first look with an exclusive sneak peak at the first wave of G.I. Joe Retaliation movie figures. Figure shown include Roadblock, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper, Duke, G.I. Joe Trooper, Red Ninja, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Zartan.

The article states that Retaliation movie toys will release on May 28th, and goes on to say that the first waves will concerntrate closely on the movie cast, but there is a promise that "off-screen" Joes and Cobras will follow in subsequent waves. To read the full article and see all of the images head on over to USA Today by clicking here.
Original Source: GI Joe Retalliation Figures First Look Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #964
ThundeRSS

Quote:
In just the span of a few days, we've been treated to quite a bit of GI Joe Retaliation news. 1st we got wind of the GI Joe Retaliation Super Bowl TV Spot, then we got a GI Joe Retaliation Sneak Peek. Today we caught the 1st glimpse of GI Joe Retaliation Figures, and now, we can feast our eyes on the GI Joe Retaliation Super Bowl TV Spot, thanks to iTunes Movie Trailers and movieclipsTrailers! Turns out Roadblock is a fan of Jay Z:
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Super Bowl TV Spot Up Now - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #965
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The 1st GI Joe Retaliation Figure Images that were revealed earlier were rather small, leaving some to speculate about such things such as loss of articulation. If you wanted to take a closer look at the figures, HissTank boards member M_Renegade has come to the rescue! He has posted larger images of the figures zoomed in and cleaned up, so we can see them in more detail. The figures shown are:
  • Retaliation Cobra Commander
  • Retaliation Zartan
  • Retaliation Storm Shadow
  • Retaliation Red Ninja
  • Retaliation GI Joe Trooper
  • Retaliation Snake Eyes
  • Retaliation Cobra Trooper
  • Retaliation Roadblock
  • Retaliation Duke
Feast your eyes in these clearer GI Joe Retaliation images after the jump!
Original Source: Clearer Look At GI Joe Retaliation Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #966
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The 1st GI Joe Retaliation Figure Images that were revealed earlier were rather small, leaving some to speculate about such things such as loss of articulation. If you wanted to take a closer look at the figures, HissTank boards member M_Renegade has come to the rescue! He has posted larger images of the figures zoomed in and cleaned up, so we can see them in more detail. The figures shown are:
  • Retaliation Cobra Commander
  • Retaliation Zartan
  • Retaliation Storm Shadow
  • Retaliation Red Ninja
  • Retaliation GI Joe Trooper
  • Retaliation Snake Eyes
  • Retaliation Cobra Trooper
  • Retaliation Roadblock
  • Retaliation Duke
Feast your eyes in these clearer GI Joe Retaliation images after the jump!
Original Source: Clearer Look At GI Joe Retaliation Movie Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #967
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
USA Today has a first look with an exclusive sneak peak at the first wave of G.I. Joe Retaliation movie figures. Figure shown include Roadblock, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper, Duke, G.I. Joe Trooper, Red Ninja, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Zartan. The ninja figures shown, plus the new GI Joe trooper feature "rocker ankles", which were used recently on GI Joe Renegades Scarlett!

The article states that Retaliation movie toys will be released on May 28th, and goes on to say that the first waves will concentrate closely on the movie cast, but there is a promise that "off-screen" Joes and Cobras will follow in subsequent waves.

EDIT: GI Joe Retaliation Figure Images Added, check them out after the jump!

EDIT #2 4:54PM EST: Added up close images of the head shots!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Movie Figures First Look Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #968
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Official You Tube Page for G. I. Joe: Retaliation went live moments ago.

This You Tube Account is definitely a place for all of us to keep our eyes out for new Trailers and Clips.

Don’t forget to share once you notice a new addition. Who knows, you may be the first to tell it to the world via HISSTANK.

The Official Website has also been slightly changed, but we are yet to see the Full Version.

Also Hasbro’s Official G. I. Joe Toy Website may see an update somewhere down the line.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Official You Tube Account Is Now Open - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #969
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 3 Alpha Vehicles which didn't make it to mass market retail stores in the US has finally arrived stateside......

....at ROSS.

HissTank boards member laurenluna1977 found both the HISS Attack Scout and GI Joe Cycle Armor for $8.99 each. Happy hunting!
Original Source: HISS Attack Scout And GI Joe Cycle Armor At ROSS - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #970
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker lance858a made this custom G.I. Joe Ninja, Rebel Angel Jinx.

Also check out his Rebel Angel Storm Shadow...
Rebel Angel Storm Shadow

Click the Discuss button/link for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Ninja Jinx - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #971
ThundeRSS

Quote:
"The G.I. JOE movie toy line features your favorite G.I. JOE characters, including an all-new, super-heroic take on ROADBLOCK, as well as JOE COLTON, the original founder of the G.I. JOE team, and an imposing COBRA COMMANDER action figure! Also featured is an array of incredible new ninja toys, including an unprecedented line-up of "ninja-tastic" action figures, vehicles, swords, masks, and throwing stars. And don’t forget the action-packed toy vehicles: "Wherever there’s trouble, G.I. JOE is there," whether by land, sea, or air!"
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Movie Figures Including SDCC 2012 Exclusives - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #972
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out official high res images of the G.I. Joe Retaliation Basic Figures!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation 3 3/4th Figures High Res - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #973
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high resolution images of G.I. Joe Retaliation Battlers figures, classified differently than normal 3 3/4ths figures. Included are Roadblock and Snake Eyes.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Toys - Battlers - High Res Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #974
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out official high resolution images of the Ninja Showdown and Ninja Dojo 3 packs for the upcoming G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie line!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation Ninja Packs High Resolution Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #975
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out official high resolution images of the G.I. Joe Retaliation Vehicles and Drivers!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation Vehicles & Drivers High Res Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #976
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Read on for official high resolution images of the G.I. Joe San Diego Comic Con 2012 Exclusives!
Original Source: G.I. Joe San Diego Comic Con 2012 Exclusives High Resolution - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #977
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out official high res images of the G.I. Joe Retaliation Basic Figures!

HASBRO is proud to unveil the official movie action figure and toy line for the new “G.I. JOE: Retaliation” movie starring Dwayne Johnson & Bruce Willis! The new line reflects the movie magic, including the epic battle between the G.I. JOE team and arch-nemesis COBRA, which, led by COBRA COMMANDER, is once again intent on taking over the world.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation 3 3/4th Movie Figures High Res - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #978
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com is taking a look back at GIJOE Movie Toys from Rise of Cobra aka ROC! We will be featuring figures that may have been overlooked by collectors and may deserve a second chance. If you live outside the USA you may have missed out on this Target Exclusive Serpent Armor with Cobra Viper Commando. IMO this the best version of the ROC Neo Viper who we have given the nick-name Turtle Viper.

Cobra Viper Commando Serpent Armor | eBay

More Cobra Viper Commando images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Movie Rise Of Cobra Rewind Cobra Viper Commando - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #979
ThundeRSS

Quote:
An image from the upcoming G. I. Joe: Retaliation has surfaced online.

“This latest image shows off leading stars Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis and Adrianne Palicki playing the roles of Roadblock, Joe Colton and Lady Jaye, respectively.

The sequel will also include Channing Tatum (Duke), D.J. Cotrona (Flint), Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Jonathan Pryce (U.S. President), RZA (Blind Master), Elodi Yung (Jinx), Ray Stevenson (Firefly), Joseph Mazello (Mouse), Walton Goggins (Warden James) and Arnold Vosloo (Zartan). Director Jon Chu is leading the production, based off a screenplay by the writing team of Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.”

Thanks to Mania and WorstPreviews.
Original Source: New Image From G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #980
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HissTank.com is proud to present a DOUBLE FEATURE of everyone's favorite 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic, Ages 25 & Up! What better way to kick off Super Bowl Sunday?!

Here's what the A25&U creator, Numbers, had to say about the latest installments:

"In #175 "With A Little Help From My Friends," disgraced Cobra Stinger Driver Roy recruits an old friend to help him. After all, if Roy's going to defeat his nemesis, Clutch, he'll need all the backup he can get!

The pedal gets pushed through the metal in #176 "On A Roll"! Roy and Meredith are on the prowl... and Clutch doesn't stand a chance."

Two for the price of one? Can't beat that! Check out the latest issues and join us after the jump!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #175 and 176 Superbowl Double Feature! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #981
ThundeRSS

Quote:
One of the biggest films of 2012 G.I. Joe Retaliation, the part-sequel, part-reboot, of the G.I. Joe Movie franchise, makes it Super Bowl premiere tonight, giving it exposure to 90+ million viewers. The GIJOE Super Bowl Trailer was released early, and the fans of GIJOE responded with excitement, and enthusiasm, over the new direction Jon M Chu has taken the GIJOE Movie franchise. Whether or not the general movie going public be won over by the GIJOE Super Bowl Trailer is the real question.

GIJOE Retaliation Stars: Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, and Faran Tahir as Cobra Commander.

Sound off on the HISSTANK.com forums about the GIJOE Retaliation Super Bowl Trailer by clicking the discuss button.
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation Super Bowl Trailer - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #982
ThundeRSS

Quote:
One of the biggest films of 2012 G.I. Joe Retaliation, the part-sequel, part-reboot, of the G.I. Joe Movie franchise, makes it Super Bowl premiere tonight, giving it exposure to 90+ million viewers. The GIJOE Super Bowl Trailer was released early, and the fans of GIJOE responded with excitement, and enthusiasm, over the new direction Jon M Chu has taken the GIJOE Movie franchise. Whether or not the general movie going public will be won over by the GIJOE Super Bowl Trailer is the real question?

GIJOE Retaliation Stars: Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, and Faran Tahir as Cobra Commander.

Sound off on the HISSTANK.com forums about the GIJOE Retaliation Super Bowl Trailer by clicking the discuss button.
Original Source: GI JOE Super Bowl Trailer - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #983
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I.Joe: Retaliation Trailer French Movie Version has major spoilers. We just wanted to give you the heads up before you start watching.

Sound off about the new G.I.Joe: Retaliation Movie Trailer by clicking the discuss button.
Original Source: G.I.Joe: Retaliation Trailer French Movie Version - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #984
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Mswi made this custom Modern Era Cobra Toxo-Viper.

"Did my 1st one a couple years ago, again when I saw the Air-tight mold I knew I'd be redoing that crappy one! Managed to salvage the gear from the 1st one, the rest is mostly Air-tight, with Strato-viper arms, sculpted gloves from some roc snow figure, sculpted Storm Shadow lower legs, dremelled vintage gear and head which i repainted to look less ARAH-ish"

Click the Discuss button for all the pics and details.
Original Source: Custom Modern Era Cobra Toxo-Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #985
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Itching for more Snake Eyes ninja commando action? The next issue of the Snake Eyes comic is due out tomorrow, and we've got a preview!

Snake Eyes #10
Chuck Dixon (w) o Alex Cal (a) o Dave Wilkins, Robert Atkins (c)
COBRA COMMAND CONTINUES! The new Cobra Commander's war of conquest turns to a war of destruction. COBRA troops are forcing an entire populace to become refugees while eliminating any who dare stay behind. Snake Eyes is now in the killing fields, playing his own game of predator and prey with Stormshadow and the red ninjas of the Arashikage clan!

Read on for the preview!
Original Source: Snake Eyes #10 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #986
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Back in August of last year, site sponsor Cobrastickers.com asked for Sky Striker Sticker Suggestions, and since then we've seen a few previews. Well now we have the biggest preview yet, as they have added some more sticker sets to the site(not in stock yet), with a bunch of new images! You gave your suggestions, so take a gander at what turned up, which includes a Seeker with Reflector sticker inside as a placeholder pilot(Transformers G1 homage G1 homage!), to a sticker set based on the "Starstriker" from the GI Joe A Real American Hero episode, "The Wrong Stuff":
  • F-14 Tomcat generic markings
  • Starstriker XP-14FS(with pilot stickers for Roadblock, et al)
  • Thundercracker
  • Starscream Sky Striker Variety Set
  • TOP GUN - Maverick
  • TOP GUN - Iceman
  • VF-101 Grim Reapers "Gunfighter 163"(well suited for Ghost Rider!)
  • VF-143 Pukin Dogs
Some of the sets are designed to be used in unison with the F-14 Tomcat generic marking set. These aren't all the sets though, yet to be seen are the Jolly Rogers squadron marking sets, Starscream Sky Striker and Skywarp. Shout out to Justin of Cobrastickers for all his hard work! Check out a bunch of new images of the new sticker sets after the jump!
Original Source: Cobrastickers Sky Striker Sticker Previews - TOP GUN, Tomcat Squadrons And Thundercracker - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #987
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Looks like we're in for more than just toys and a movie this year, which is the true GI Joe A Real American Hero 30th anniversary! Jim Sorenson, whose Transformers Animated Allspark Almanac Volume 2 had a surprising amount of GI Joe A Real American Hero references, has officially announced(on his blog) that he will be writing an Ark-style book for GI Joe! So what's in an Ark-style book? Tons of animation model sheets, and more(and he may have some sneak peeks at Roll Out Roll Call 2012)! Here's what Sorenson had to say:

It's going to be pretty spectacular. For some reason I've been able to find WAY more material than I have for Transformers. As the illustration to the right jokingly illustrates, I'm going to be taking a few thousand model sheets and condensing the very best and most interesting of them down into one volume of a few hundred pages. I'm really stoked at my first work in this new and glorious arena. I've come across some amazingly cool rare stuff, plus most of what you'd expect for a book about the Sunbow animation models. I'm still looking for more material, too, so if you're a collector of such things drop me a line. I'm especially interested in material from the movie and the commercials beyond, as well as incidental characters.

While sifting through model sheets, Sorenson came across a model sheet for an unused MARS Industries sub, similar to one the Seacons used in a Transformers G1 commercial. We've attached the image here, and here's how he describes it:

While putting together the Joe book, I cam across a very similar model, an early unused version of a Cobra submarine. (The actual model was revised a bit, most prominently to include a giant cobra head painted on the front of the sub, and will almost certainly be in the Joe model book.) Sure enough, the Seacons were menacing a sub from the same class of vessels that Cobra uses, seen here. I think it's kind of neat to uncover yet another connection between the Joe-verse and Transformers-verse.

Whether you're a fan artist hungry for GI Joe references or a fan who appreciates having a guide full of resourceful ARAH design material, this book will have a wealth of information that all fans can appreciate!
Original Source: GI Joe Ark Style Book Officially Announced - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #988
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker jaimanstone made this custom ARAH Cobra Alley Viper.

"The Alley Viper has always been a favorite of mine.
An excellent concept, sculpt and execution.
But poor color choices. I took one of my Neon orange Alley Vipers and fully painted him.
I was inspired by Kevin Watts' POC Alley Viper that he did here:
A Real American POC Alley Viper
Kevin was really helpful as I put this one together.
So a big thanks to him as this was only my second painted figure."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom ARAH Cobra Alley Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #989
ThundeRSS

Quote:
On October 2010, TFW Network announced the partnership between Hasbro and JAKKS Pacific’s Disguise Costumes Division to manufacture and distribute Halloween Costumes based on Hasbro owned properties. At that time, everybody was all excited for Transformers 3. Sure enough, we saw the arrival of Costumes based on Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Now however, G. I. Joe: Retaliation is one of the most anticipated movies this summer. And yes… Disguise is revealing their line-up of Costumes and Accessories based on G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

The costumes are very movie accurate, comparing to the trailer footage we’ve seen so far.

Take a look at all the Costumes, after the jump.

At the moment you can preorder the Accessories via our site sponsor Big Bad Toy Store (There are some G. I. Joe 2 Accessories, not listed at Disguise Official Website available at BBTS too).
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Halloween Costumes & Accessories Revealed By JAKKS Pacific’s Disguise - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #990
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We just received a Press Release from Hasbro regarding what we might see at Toy Fair 2012.

G.I. JOE Brand

The G.I. JOE brand will redefine action this year as a new blockbuster movie roars into theaters and innovative toys continue the legacy of the ‘original action figure.’ The new film, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, to be distributed by Paramount Pictures on June 29th, 2012, will feature popular characters from Hasbro’s G.I. JOE vs. COBRA saga including two of pop-culture’s most well known ninjas, SNAKE-EYES and STORM SHADOW. The G.I. JOE brand will offer an extensive line of action figures, role-play items and more based on these ninjas, a dynamic new battling style known as “BATTLE-KATA” as seen in the upcoming movie and additional characters including ROADBLOCK, DUKE and COBRA COMMANDER. Highlights include the next phase in G.I. JOE action figure evolution with the 10-inch scale G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO SNAKE EYES and ROADBLOCK figures featuring quick-draw action with the press of a button.

Be sure to tune into HISSTANK this weekend for our coverage of the event.

Checkout the full Press Release, after the jump.
Original Source: Hasbro Toy Fair 2012 Press Release - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #991
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Over the last week or so, a number of GIJOE & Transformers Collectors have noticed unauthorized charges on their credit cards and have received phone calls from their various financial institutions alerting them to possible fraudulent charges on their accounts. A good number of collectors have been hit with these fraudulent charges, including members of TFW2005.COM's own staff.

Fun Publications, the parent company behind the annual BotCon and JoeCon conventions, have released a statement regarding these charges and the possible, if any, link between the credit card fraud and their online ordering system. We have copied their statement, but you can also download the .PDF file yourself by clicking here.

Quote:
We have been receiving feedback that there has been a higher than
usual number of fraud complaints posted on online Transformers
forums.

While we have nothing to suggest that there was an issue with the TCC
and Fun Publications, we look into every concern that is sent to us. All
of your transactions are in a secure socket with the strongest encryption
available to any site on the web. If you have a specific concern about
any transaction with us, please use the “contact us” link located at the
bottom of the TCC page and provide us with as much information as
possible including:

1. The EXACT name of merchant as it is written on your statement.
2. Amount and date of suspect charge.
3. Bank your card is drawn on and if it is a debit or credit card.
4. Device and browser (and version) you used for your last payment
with us before you saw a fraudulent charge (ie, android phone,
computer, iphone, browser and version).
6. Were you on a public computer?
7. Were you on a public wi‐fi network?
8. If you were at home or work, what Internet provider did you use?
9. On your last transaction with us, did you receive any kind of error
message (card declined, 404 error, programming type error)? If you did
receive an error, how many times did you resubmit your information?

It is very difficult to track credit card fraud. With your help, we can see
if there are any parallels between those reporting an issue.

In order to better protect yourself, here are some guidelines:

Never log into a secure site from a public computer, public wi‐fi, or
through android/windows phones. Only use your mobile device on a
mobile app for transactions, never a browser. Turn off your bluetooth
and wi‐fi to prevent people from hacking your credit card information
from your phone/computer.

If you have a card that has an rfid chip, make sure your card is shielded
when not in use.

Always make sure you are using a secure socket (https://) for any login
that requires a password or a monetary transaction.

Never email your credit card information to anyone.

As should be common practice, on a regular basis, be sure to check your
statements and make note of any suspicious activity on your card. If you
see an unauthorized charge, turn it in to your bank or card company, the
charge will be reversed, they will issue a new card for you and the
security system in place will have done its job.

Please also take the time to read the attached article and research credit
card security. We are very aware that security concerns have risen
exponentially in the last couple years and we are doing our part to stay
ahead of the curve.

"Can Hackers Destroy the Internet?" - Forbes.com
It is always important that you monitor your card's activity, regardless if you purchase online or not. A special thank you goes out to all the various collectors who have banded together to bring this issue to light, and in many instances, have helped collectors stop their card from being compromised. We at TFW2005.COM urge everyone, regardless of when or where they shopped recently, to monitor their cards for suspicious activity. You can join in the on-going discussion here.
Original Source: Fun Publications Response to Suspicious Credit Card Activity - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #992
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We just wanted to remind you that HISSTANK.com, along with our sister network sites of Transformer World 2005, HissTank.com - G.I. Joe Toy and Movie News and Discussion, The Toyark, and www.ThunderCats.ws, will be at this year's Toy Fair 2012.

Please follow the 2005 Network for all of your upcoming toy and collectable news from the year's first toy and entertainment convention. HISSTANK.com will be meeting with Hasbro Representatives on Saturday Afternoon while at the show, and will get you all the hottest images and info on the upcoming GIJOE Retaliation Movie Toy Line!

The annual Toy Fair will be held this February 11th through the 15th.

Join HISSTANK.com on Facebook for early images and info from NYC Toy Fair 2012:
HissTank.com | Facebook
Original Source: Toy Fair 2012 GIJOE Coverage Starts February 11th - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #993
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Snake Eyes and Roadblock. Perhaps the most dangerous of all the Joes--their combination of stealth, cunning, power and raw courage is nearly unmatched. But what unspoken bond do they share? Find out their never-before-revealed secrets in this prequel to the summers most anticipated action movie!

That was the description for the G. I. Joe: Retaliation Prequel Comic Book Series Issue #1, which we read a while back.

Now it’s time to take a look at the 5-Page Preview of the book thanks to Comics Alliance.

It doesn't contain much spoilers but we'll issue a warning never-the-less.

Take a look at the Preview, after the jump.

Issue #1 is set to release Wednesday February 15th, 2012. You can also preorder the entire Prequel on Amazon.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Prequel Issue #1 Preview Now Available - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #994
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to Lee Byung-hun fan Blogger and YouTube user ylin, we have a variation of G. I. Joe: Retaliation Super Bowl XLVI TV Spot.

The TV Spot is focused on South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun who plays the role of Storm Shadow in both Rise of Cobra and Retaliation. The commercial features an additional scene of Storm Shadow getting dressed [probably to confront his enemy; Snake Eyes], but other than that we've seen the rest of the footage from the 1st Trailer, Superbowl Spot and the French [International] Trailer.

Checkout the TV Spot below.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Korean Teaser - Lee Byung-hun TV Spot - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #995
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HissTank is here in NYC and getting ready for Hasbro's Toy Fair 2012 Media event. We should see a slew of new Transformers, G.I. Joe, Marvel and Star Wars items. G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie figures and more will be on display.

If there is an internet connection inside, and we are allowed to live cover their presentations, we will do so, and it will be right there below. Check back around 1 PM for that, 3 PM for early pics, and 5 PM forward for high res pics.

Also make sure to check out our coverage on TFW2005.com for Transformers and Toyark.com for Star Wars, Marvel and everything else!

Enjoy!

Hasbro Fan Media Day Live Coverage
Original Source: Toy Fair 2012 Hasbro Media Day Live Coverage - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #996
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We grew up with fascinating illustrations of GI Joe A Real American Hero on toy packages back in the 80's. These drawings are revered so much that they were the basis for the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line cardbacks, and have been paid homage to numerous times, before, and after. One of the artists who worked on the ARAH line was Dave Dorman, and he wants to create an artbook full of un-produced Hasbro GI Joe artwork! Here's what he posted on his blog recently:

Most of my fans know that during the mid-’80s to the early ’90s, I worked with Hasbro producing G.I. Joe artwork for their Research and Development Department. This art was done as presentation for the Board of Directors to determine whether any particular character would move forward to future production. My task was to paint the characters designed as 3 1/2″ toys to look like real fighting G.I. Joe characters. None of this work was meant for publication, however, over the years, fans and collectors have seen some of this art via the Web or fan club communications. (One of the future projects I am hoping to get off of the ground is a collection of all of this unseen artwork into a G.I. Joe/Hasbro art volume. I will keep you up to date on information as this project progresses.)

In addition, Dorman posted step by step images of a Frag Viper commission he did recently. We've mirrored some of the images, which you can check out after the jump! In addition, Dorman is open to commissions:

Many of my G.I. Joe fans have asked me about commission work or recreations. This is the first one I have ever done, and I did enjoy bringing back good memories of working with the artists and creators at Hasbro. I would certainly be happy to do more of this type of work if any of you are interested. Please feel free to email me directly at dormanart@yahoo.com or message me via Facebook

As always, I thank you for your time and interest in my work.

Dave

So have at it HissTank'ers, would you buy a Dave Dorman GI Joe art book?
Original Source: Dave Dorman Wants To Make a Hasbro GI Joe Book Of Unproduced Artwork - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #997
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out our 1st GI Joe Retaliation images from Toy Fair 2012! In this batch you can check out the following:
  • Hats
  • 10 Inch Ninja Commando Figures
  • GI Joe cycles
  • Posters
  • Hoodies
Stay tuned for much more to come!
Original Source: 1st GI Joe Retaliation Images From Toy Fair 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #998
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Now for your viewing pleasure, and especially if you're an Arashikage Ninja fan, take a gander at our new images of the GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Packs!
  • GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Showdown Set
  • GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Dojo Set
Check them out after the jump, and stay tuned for more!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Showdown And Ninja Dojo Sets - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #999
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Fresh from Toy Fair 2012 are our own all new images of the following GI Joe Retaliation Vehicles:
  • Ghost HAWK II
  • HISS Tank
  • Cobra Fangboat
  • Ninja Commando 4x4
Stay tuned to HISSTANK for more Toy Fair 2012 coverage all weekend long - and be sure to check out Transformers news at TFW2005.com, Thundercats news at Thundercats.ws and all other Action Figure and Toy News at Toyark.com.
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Vehicles Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #1000
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Earlier today Hasbro announced new GI Joe Retaliation figures, and now we have images of them! We now have images for:
  • Roadblock
  • Roadblock V2
  • Joe Colton
  • Cobra Commander
  • Zartan
  • Alley Viper
  • Flint
  • Duke
  • Lady Jaye
  • Kimi Arashikage AKA Jinx
  • Blind Master
  • Snake Eyes
  • Storm Shadow
  • Red Ninja
  • Dragon Ninja
  • Cyber Ninja
  • Cobra Trooper
  • GI Joe Trooper
  • Firefly
  • Ninja Duel Snake Eyes
  • Ninja Duel Storm Shadow
Check them out after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation New Single Carded Figures At Toy Fair 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe